FoodBanter.com

-   -   Christmas cake (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/93-christmas-cake.html)

JMayo 03-11-2003 10:56 AM

Christmas cake

I have heard that it is good to add some brandy to a home baked
Christmas cake. What is the best to use?
Thanks

paula 04-11-2003 12:56 AM

Christmas cake

use any brandy that is suitable for drinking, DO NOT USE cooking
brandy (or rum) as it is horrid.

graham 04-11-2003 01:51 AM

Christmas cake

"JMayo" > wrote in message
om...
> I have heard that it is good to add some brandy to a home baked
> Christmas cake. What is the best to use?
> Thanks

You can use modestly priced cognac or, as I do when I have it, Cointreau or
Grand Marnier.
Feed the cake weekly between now and Xmas.

Graham