FoodBanter.com

-   -   Sour starters (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/92314-sour-starters.html)

tfiedler 24-05-2006 10:16 AM

Sour starters

I've recently made a couple of sour dough starters.

They smell. Sour but wow, not pleasant. Is this normal? Also, mine seemed
to go bubbly in a day and I was under the impression that it should take a
few days, should I be concerned about the starters I have?

I took the time to wash my mason jars and lids in the dishwasher and then
boil them for a half hour to make sure they were sterile.

Thanks for any insight!

Todd

~~~Carole~~~ 02-06-2006 02:48 AM

Sour starters

I consider myself somewhat of an expert, since I have been making sour
dough bread for at least 12 years now. I would be glad to send you a
dried starter that you can reconstitute, and I also have a starter
recipe that I can give you to make an excellent starter for regular
bread----let me know-----

Jim Davis 03-06-2006 10:17 PM

Sour starters

~~~Carole~~~ wrote:
I consider myself somewhat of an expert, since I have been making sour
dough bread for at least 12 years now. I would be glad to send you a
dried starter that you can reconstitute, and I also have a starter
recipe that I can give you to make an excellent starter for regular
bread----let me know-----

~~~~~~justpooponit~~~~~~

I love sourdough but haven't been able to do here on the beach. Tell me
more!

butterflyangel 04-06-2006 11:06 AM

Sour starters

hello Carole is it possible for you to post the recipe for the sour
starter or send it to me via email
thanks ever so much tessa
~~~Carole~~~ wrote:
I consider myself somewhat of an expert, since I have been making sour
dough bread for at least 12 years now. I would be glad to send you a
dried starter that you can reconstitute, and I also have a starter
recipe that I can give you to make an excellent starter for regular
bread----let me know-----

--WebTV-Mail-25203-6330

html
body bgcolor="khaki" text="black"
bgsound
src="http://www.wtv-zone.com/GrannyJ/grannyJ2/midis/stardust.mid"
loop=-1"
center
td valign="bottom"
img
src="http://siggiez.com/images/dollz/names/Carole.gif"
/center
font color="navy"
marquee scrollamount="2" direction="right" behavior=slide"
~~~~~~justpooponit~~~~~~
/marquee
/html

--WebTV-Mail-25203-6330--