JMayo

Default Cherry Cake

Can anyone suggest a really good recipe for cherry cake, where the
fruit is guaranteed not to sink to the bottom of the cake?
Thanks
paula

wash the cherries to get rid of all the gunk then dry them on kitchen
paper, and roll them in a LITTLE flour. the cherries usually sink to
the bottom of the cake because the gunk makes a heavy fruit heavier.
at school we were taught to chop them up before washing and when dried
pop them in a plastic bag and add a little flour. give the bag a good
shake to evenly coat fruit and that should do the trick.
Darrell Grainger

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, JMayo wrote:

> Can anyone suggest a really good recipe for cherry cake, where the
> fruit is guaranteed not to sink to the bottom of the cake?

I don't have a recipe handy but here are some tips:

- Fruit preserved in syrup can slip through the batter. To prevent this
rinse the fruit and dry it thoroughly.
- Dust the fruit with flour before folding it into the batter. Just a fine
coating of flour a with help the fruit remain suspended in the batter.

If you have the oven at the right temperature (not too low) and have the
correct amount of leavening agent everything should work out okay. If it
still does not, get a good thermometer and make sure the oven temperature
is accurate.

Don't send e-mail to

Poll: Blueberry cake vs. cherry cake Christopher M.[_3_] General Cooking 7 24-05-2012 07:12 PM
SOUR CHERRY CAKE Duckie ® Recipes 0 06-03-2005 05:02 AM
Cherry Cake AlanaG01 Baking 1 15-03-2004 06:24 PM
Cherry Cake AlanaG01 General Cooking 3 15-03-2004 06:16 PM