FoodBanter.com

-   -   POLL: Favorite baking gadget (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/9-re-poll-favorite-baking.html)

The Old Bear 30-09-2003 05:42 PM

http://ww2.kingarthurflour.com/cgibi...54259411401642
>>8

>Hmmm. That doesn't work for me -- it defaults to their home page.
>Their search engine doesn't find anything under "dough whisk".

Alan:

It's King Arthur item number 5568

Dough Whisk (5568)

Experienced bread bakers rely on this sturdy, 15-inch, wood-handled
brodpisker, or Dough Whisk, for everything from the stiffest bread
dough to the most delicate pancake or muffin batter. We've sold
thousands of these whisks over the years; we use them at our national
bread-baking classes, and once folks see how they work, they just
have to have one! We now offer this whisk with our centuries old
King Arthur logo.

$9.95 US + s/h

You should be able to find it by item number or by searching for "whisk"
under "bread baking" using the web site catalog word search feature.

Truly a fine classic baker's tool.

Cheers,
The Old Bear

Marcus 04-10-2003 08:36 AM

POLL: Favorite baking gadget

The wife !!!!.

--
Regards
Marcus

matt s 08-10-2003 02:05 PM

POLL: Favorite baking gadget

Without a doubt, my bench scraper (dough knife) is the best tool I
have. It is great for handling wet dough, essential for cleaning my
work surface (from baking or from other kitchen endeavors). I keep it
out while cooking meals, using it to scoop up and carry chopped
ingredients to the stove, to clean of my cutting board, and to scoop
up spills. Get one...Matt

Vox Humana 09-10-2003 09:13 PM

"Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady" > wrote in message
> (Please NOTE: My correct e-mail address is in my Signature) On 8 Oct
> 2003 06:05:58 -0700, during the rec.food.baking Community News Flash
> (matt s) reported:
>
> >Without a doubt, my bench scraper (dough knife) is the best tool I
> >have. It is great for handling wet dough, essential for cleaning my
> >work surface (from baking or from other kitchen endeavors). I keep it
> >out while cooking meals, using it to scoop up and carry chopped
> >ingredients to the stove, to clean of my cutting board, and to scoop
> >up spills. Get one...Matt

> I don't mean to sound nasty or anything, but my best baking tool is -
> my hands!

Well, next to my hands, I would say that my favorite baking gadget is my
food processor. I can use it to make yeast dough and to cut fat into pastry
dough. You can use it for making crumbs, chopping nuts, slicing fruit,
making purees, processing stewed fruit for lekvar. I'm sure there are many
other uses that I didn't list.

Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady 10-10-2003 07:37 AM

POLL: Favorite baking gadget

(Please NOTE: My correct e-mail address is in my Signature) On 8 Oct
2003 06:05:58 -0700, during the rec.food.baking Community News Flash
(matt s) reported:

>Without a doubt, my bench scraper (dough knife) is the best tool I
>have. It is great for handling wet dough, essential for cleaning my
>work surface (from baking or from other kitchen endeavors). I keep it
>out while cooking meals, using it to scoop up and carry chopped
>ingredients to the stove, to clean of my cutting board, and to scoop
>up spills. Get one...Matt

I don't mean to sound nasty or anything, but my best baking tool is -
my hands!

(Seriously!)

--
Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)