Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Pizza Dough Recipe

I have discovered a pizza dough I like, after years of frustration.

1 cup flour + 1/4 tsp yeast + 4 oz water
Knead, cover, and let rise for 6 hours, creating a starter. Starter will
bubble and fall on itself.
Add 6 oz water + 1/2 tsp yeast + 6 oz water + 1 1/2 tsp sea salt + 1 TB oil
Knead for 10 min. Let rise 2 - 2 1/2 fold, about 2 hours. Divide into 2 or 3
hoped for pizzas and gently flatten each piece. Let rise on board 1 hour.
Gently stretch to pizza size without rolling. Place on floured, not
cornmealed peel.
Put desired ingredients on top. Spray onions + mushrooms with very very
miniscle amt. PAM, or similar.
Put on stone heated for at least one hour to 550F. Immediately minutely
spray with H20. Repeat spray with H20 in one minute. Use the kind of spray
you would use for ironing.
Bake for 6 minutes.
Remove and serve and eat in your preferred fashion.
After years of trying, the crust is light, light, crispy, and tasty!
The starter can sit covered, in the frig for 4-5 days.
Just my 2c. Let me know what you think.
Kent

Posted to rec.food.baking

As I read this again there is a major mistake below. Line 4 below should
read:
Add 2 cups flour + 1/2 tsp yeast + 6 oz water + 1 1/2 tsp sea salt + 1 TB
oil
Senescent cerebral malfunction, Sorry for the error.
Kent

"Kent" > wrote in message
news
>I have discovered a pizza dough I like, after years of frustration.
>
> 1 cup flour + 1/4 tsp yeast + 4 oz water
> Knead, cover, and let rise for 6 hours, creating a starter. Starter will
> bubble and fall on itself.
> Add 6 oz water + 1/2 tsp yeast + 6 oz water + 1 1/2 tsp sea salt + 1 TB
> oil
> Knead for 10 min. Let rise 2 - 2 1/2 fold, about 2 hours. Divide into 2 or
> 3 hoped for pizzas and gently flatten each piece. Let rise on board 1
> hour. Gently stretch to pizza size without rolling. Place on floured, not
> cornmealed peel.
> Put desired ingredients on top. Spray onions + mushrooms with very very
> miniscle amt. PAM, or similar.
> Put on stone heated for at least one hour to 550F. Immediately minutely
> spray with H20. Repeat spray with H20 in one minute. Use the kind of spray
> you would use for ironing.
> Bake for 6 minutes.
> Remove and serve and eat in your preferred fashion.
> After years of trying, the crust is light, light, crispy, and tasty!
> The starter can sit covered, in the frig for 4-5 days.
> Just my 2c. Let me know what you think.
> Kent

Posted to rec.food.baking

Kent wrote:
> As I read this again there is a major mistake below. Line 4 below should
> read:
> Add 2 cups flour + 1/2 tsp yeast + 6 oz water + 1 1/2 tsp sea salt + 1 TB
> oil
> Senescent cerebral malfunction, Sorry for the error.
> Kent
>

> "Kent" > wrote in message
> news >
>>I have discovered a pizza dough I like, after years of frustration.
>>
>>1 cup flour + 1/4 tsp yeast + 4 oz water
>>Knead, cover, and let rise for 6 hours, creating a starter. Starter will
>>bubble and fall on itself.
>>Add 6 oz water + 1/2 tsp yeast + 6 oz water + 1 1/2 tsp sea salt + 1 TB
>>oil
>>Knead for 10 min. Let rise 2 - 2 1/2 fold, about 2 hours. Divide into 2 or
>>3 hoped for pizzas and gently flatten each piece. Let rise on board 1
>>hour. Gently stretch to pizza size without rolling. Place on floured, not
>>cornmealed peel.
>>Put desired ingredients on top. Spray onions + mushrooms with very very
>>miniscle amt. PAM, or similar.
>>Put on stone heated for at least one hour to 550F. Immediately minutely
>>spray with H20. Repeat spray with H20 in one minute. Use the kind of spray
>>you would use for ironing.
>>Bake for 6 minutes.
>>Remove and serve and eat in your preferred fashion.
>>After years of trying, the crust is light, light, crispy, and tasty!
>>The starter can sit covered, in the frig for 4-5 days.
>>Just my 2c. Let me know what you think.
>>Kent

Pretty close to the one that I use. Though, I like to use beer instead
of water. I think it makes a wonderfully flavourful crust.

Abby

--
The ChildFree Abby Archives - http://www.dismal-light.net/childfreeabby/
Posted to rec.food.baking

"Kent" wrote in message

> Put desired ingredients on top. Spray onions + mushrooms with very very
> miniscle amt. PAM, or similar.

Sounds like it's worth a try, but what is PAM?

BD

Posted to rec.food.baking

On 4/26/06, Bertie Doe > wrote:

> "Kent" wrote in message
>
> > Put desired ingredients on top. Spray onions + mushrooms with very very
> > miniscle amt. PAM, or similar.

> Sounds like it's worth a try, but what is PAM?

It's a canned aerosol cooking oil. It is intended to let you use very small
amounts of oil.

I'd probably use a Mr. Mister or Oil'o'pump filled with a decent olive oil
instead. Mr. Mister and Oil'O'Pump are available in many foodie stores for
something between $5.00 and $20.00. You pump it up by hand, so there are no
dangerous ozone depleting propellants, and you know what kind of oil is in
the container, and its quality.

Some people don't like Mr. Mister or Oil'O'Pump as they've had problems with
them not delivering a fine spray. That usually happens when the nozzle
needs to be cleaned, but the devices do wear out, more quickly if you
overfill them.

Mike

Posted to rec.food.baking

"Mike Avery" > wrote in message news:mailman.7.1146085272.97203.rec.food.baking@ma il.otherwhen.com...
On 4/26/06, Bertie Doe > wrote:

"Kent" wrote in message

> Put desired ingredients on top. Spray onions + mushrooms with very very
> miniscle amt. PAM, or similar.

Sounds like it's worth a try, but what is PAM?

It's a canned aerosol cooking oil. It is intended to let you use very small amounts of oil.

I'd probably use a Mr. Mister or Oil'o'pump filled with a decent olive oil instead. Mr. Mister and Oil'O'Pump are available in many foodie stores for something between $5.00 and $20.00. You pump it up by hand, so there are no dangerous ozone depleting propellants, and you know what kind of oil is in the container, and its quality.

Some people don't like Mr. Mister or Oil'O'Pump as they've had problems with them not delivering a fine spray. That usually happens when the nozzle needs to be cleaned, but the devices do wear out, more quickly if you overfill them.

Mike

Thanks Mike, I do have one of those small pump cans and it does produce a jet of oil rather than a spray. Olive oil may be a bit too thick - but it's economic.
Bertie