FoodBanter.com

-   -   high altitude baking (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/86946-high-altitude-baking.html)

[email protected] 28-03-2006 12:35 AM

high altitude baking

My grandmother used to make a hot milk orange chiffon cake. I miss her
and I miss her cake. We are 4500' here so I need high altitude
adjustments if possible.

Chembake 01-04-2006 08:02 AM

high altitude baking

>My grandmother used to make a hot milk orange >chiffon cake. I miss her
>and I miss her cake. We are 4500' here so I need high >altitude
>adjustments if possible.

Interesting....
I have baked various chiffon cakes for years and never heard of hot
milk chiffon cake.
Milk is not an ingredient for chiffon cakes but commonly added to
sponge batters.
I was wondering the cake might be wrongly named and what your grandma
did was actually a hot milk orange flavored based sponge cake?

Could you please show the recipe so that we can check what really is?

martha 02-06-2006 02:29 AM

high altitude baking

Give us the recipe!
ups.com...