Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Pro bakers: What is this machine?

http://www.pdxconnect.com/doughscaler.jpg

We saw this thing operating at the large bakery at Fisherman's Wharf in
S.F. a while ago.
The worker loaded in a batch of dough, tossed in a little flour, closed
the lid, and "pppfffft", out came a few puffs of flour dust around the
edges. He opened it up to reveal nice poofed-up sections of dough
which he then proceeded to remove, separate, and shape into bread
bowls.

Seems a little big for the kitchen but handy nonetheless. Is this
maybe known as a scaler perhaps?

Posted to rec.food.baking
Reg

wrote:

http://www.pdxconnect.com/doughscaler.jpg

> We saw this thing operating at the large bakery at Fisherman's Wharf in
> S.F. a while ago.
> The worker loaded in a batch of dough, tossed in a little flour, closed
> the lid, and "pppfffft", out came a few puffs of flour dust around the
> edges. He opened it up to reveal nice poofed-up sections of dough
> which he then proceeded to remove, separate, and shape into bread
> bowls.
>
> Seems a little big for the kitchen but handy nonetheless. Is this
> maybe known as a scaler perhaps?

The ones I've used are called dividers.

http://www.tmbbaking.com/divide.shtml

question for the bakers sf[_9_] General Cooking 5 03-02-2014 04:07 AM
fente visuelle de tisonnier, stratégies de machine à sous, bobine de machine à sous, machines à sous à la maison, machine à sous en ligne de partie, we2ew223 General Cooking 0 09-09-2009 01:48 PM
Focaccia bakers pintlar Baking 24 08-01-2009 06:01 AM
Bakers Chef hutchndi Sourdough 19 29-01-2006 12:43 PM
Professional Bakers? Trevor J. Wilson Sourdough 31 23-10-2004 06:35 PM