Posted to rec.food.baking
Craig Busch

Default tips please for making pumpkin and banana bread more moist

Hello,
I would sure appreciat any tips you could share as to things to do to
make pumpkin and banana bread more moist.

Thank you

Posted to rec.food.baking
Vox Humana

"Craig Busch" > wrote in message
> Hello,
> I would sure appreciat any tips you could share as to things to do to
> make pumpkin and banana bread more moist.
>
> Thank you

Don't over bake.
Increase the oil.

Posted to rec.food.baking
Mr Libido Incognito

Vox Humana wrote on 24 Jan 2006 in rec.food.baking

> "Craig Busch" > wrote in message
> > Hello,
> > I would sure appreciat any tips you could share as to things to do to
> > make pumpkin and banana bread more moist.
> >
> > Thank you
> >

> Don't over bake.
> Increase the oil.

And soak the raisins in brandy or rum. This plumps up the raisins so they
won't take as much liquid from the recipe, as well as giving them some
additional flavour.

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
Posted to rec.food.baking
Wendy

have you tried more than one recipe? Have you compared recipes to see if
they contain substantially different ingredients? Are you using canned
pumpkin or pumpkin you have cooked? Does the recipe have egg in it? Just a
few thoughts fwiw. wendy
> I would sure appreciat any tips you could share as to things to do to
> make pumpkin and banana bread more moist.
>
> Thank you

then reply to the confirmation request.

Posted to rec.food.baking

Craig Busch wrote:
> Hello,
> I would sure appreciat any tips you could share as to things to do to
> make pumpkin and banana bread more moist.
>
> Thank you

Replace all white sugar with honey, use fats that are liquid at room
temperature.

rodent

Posted to rec.food.baking

Rodney *** wrote on 13 Jun 2006 in rec.food.baking

> Craig Busch wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I would sure appreciat any tips you could share as to things to do to
> > make pumpkin and banana bread more moist.
> >
> > Thank you
> >

> Replace all white sugar with honey, use fats that are liquid at room
> temperature.
>
> rodent

If using raisins soak in brandy till nicely plumped.

--
-Alan
Posted to rec.food.baking

When I put rainsins in a recipe I always, boil the raisins in either
water or rum....That really does the trick. Barb
Mr Libido Incognito wrote:
> Rodney *** wrote on 13 Jun 2006 in rec.food.baking
>
> > Craig Busch wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > > I would sure appreciat any tips you could share as to things to do to
> > > make pumpkin and banana bread more moist.
> > >
> > > Thank you
> > >

> > Replace all white sugar with honey, use fats that are liquid at room
> > temperature.
> >
> > rodent
> >

> If using raisins soak in brandy till nicely plumped.
>
> --
> -Alan

Posted to rec.food.baking

I find that this recipe always comes out moist; I find it best to not beat
the bananas; just mash them and mix them into the mix and do not beat the
mixture. I always have good luck with it.

Pat's Best Banana Bread

BANANA BREAD

1 cup white sugar

½ cup of Crisco

2 Eggs

1 Tablespoon sour milk (milk with a little vinegar in it)

1 teaspoon baking soda

½ teaspoon salt

3 or 4 mashed bananas (don't beat; just mash)

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 cups of white flour

½ chopped walnuts (optional)

Cream the white sugar and shortening well. Add the eggs and beat together.
Mix the sour milk and baking soda together and add to egg mixture. Mix
well. Add the salt, mashed bananas and walnuts. Add the flour and mix only
to moisten; do not beat.

Put in a greased loaf pan and let set for 15 minutes before you bake. Put
in a 375 degree oven and bake for about one hour. It will have a crack down
through the middle and be nice and brown when it is done. Test for doneness
by inserting a tooth pick in the center. If it comes out dry and clean then
it is done. If it comes out with some batter on it let bake a little
longer.

For the holidays you can add some green and red marachino cherries on the
top