FoodBanter.com

-   -   Desperate for a Tried and True pecan praline recipe! (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/77653-desperate-tried-true-pecan.html)

Lisa's Gourmet 29-12-2005 01:51 AM

Desperate for a Tried and True pecan praline recipe!

Howdy all! I'm fairly new to the group & hope that this hasn't been covered
before!

I am in desperate need of a tried and true SOUTHERN pecan praline recipe. I
have a few recipes, but none seem to "cut the mustard" so to speak.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!

--
Lisa Spurlin
Lisa's Gourmet Confections and Foods

Ward Abbott 29-12-2005 02:51 AM

Desperate for a Tried and True pecan praline recipe!

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 00:51:01 GMT, "Lisa's Gourmet"
> wrote:

>Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!
>
>--
>Lisa
>Lisa's Gourmet Confections and Foods
>http://www.emo

By the sounds of your name and web site, it leads us to believe you
are in this for profit. Why don't you post your failure recipes and
we will see if we can help you...for a fee of course.

Lisa's Gourmet 29-12-2005 03:01 AM

Desperate for a Tried and True pecan praline recipe!

Sorry, but no i am not. I do want a recipe --- not for my business. I
happen to like them very much, but haven't found one that I like yet.

So, to anyone who was offended by that post, sorry.

Thought we were all here to help each other??

Besides, IF I was asking for business help, I would have stated so.

Thanks,

Lisa

[email protected] 30-12-2005 03:12 PM

Desperate for a Tried and True pecan praline recipe!

I hope you do get a T & T recipe. The one I have came out like turtle
type candy--had to dip it in chocolate to be able to handle it.
Bobbi Jo

Cheesecake Lady 30-12-2005 08:17 PM

Desperate for a Tried and True pecan praline recipe!

Since the last person who posted to my original question, I have not had any
replies.

It would seem that if you haven't been on this NG for a long time, they
don't want to help. I asked a simple question, but got flamed in answer.

If there is ANYONE out there who has a T&T recipe for Pecan Pralines, I
would greatly appreciate it.

Lisa

oups.com...

Jenn Ridley 30-12-2005 08:39 PM

"Cheesecake Lady" > wrote:

>Since the last person who posted to my original question, I have not had any
>replies.
>
>It would seem that if you haven't been on this NG for a long time, they
>don't want to help. I asked a simple question, but got flamed in answer.
>
>If there is ANYONE out there who has a T&T recipe for Pecan Pralines, I
>would greatly appreciate it.

It's possible that the candy gurus who read this *baking* list aren't
hanging out here during the holidays. (AFAIC, pecan pralines are
candies, not baked goods.)

You also might want to mention in your *original* enquiry that it's
for personal use.

I don't like pecan pralines, so I can't help you at all.
--
Jenn Ridley :

-L. 30-12-2005 11:59 PM

Cheesecake Lady wrote:
> Since the last person who posted to my original question, I have not had any
> replies.
>
> It would seem that if you haven't been on this NG for a long time, they
> don't want to help. I asked a simple question, but got flamed in answer.
>
> If there is ANYONE out there who has a T&T recipe for Pecan Pralines, I
> would greatly appreciate it.
>
> Lisa

My Mom used to make them with a recipe that used baking soda and
vinegar - the results were beyond wonderful. Unfortunately, she died
before writing down the recipe. I would pop over to rec.food.cooking
and post the question there - Barb the jam lady (Melba's Jammin')
probably has a recipe. Or just go to http://www.groups.google.com and
search rec.food.cooking for "pralines" - you will probably pull up a
few recipes from regulars there that can be trusted.

That being said, I never consider any recipe "fool proof" - our ovens,
stoves and techniques vary so much it can make a significant difference
in the finished product.

Good luck,
-L.

PS/Have any easy (yet excellent) cheesecake recipes to share?

Cheesecake Lady 31-12-2005 07:53 PM

Desperate for a Tried and True pecan praline recipe!

Thanks for the info. I have found a few that I plan to try over the next
week or so. Will post the successful recipe when I'm done.

Lisa

oups.com...