Posted to rec.food.baking
graham

Default Ping Vox Humana

I made a batch of those coconut kisses for which you posted the recipe the
other day. Are they supposed to be fairly crisp/crunchy or soft? Mine are
the former.
Graham

Posted to rec.food.baking
Vox Humana

"graham" > wrote in message
> I made a batch of those coconut kisses for which you posted the recipe the
> other day. Are they supposed to be fairly crisp/crunchy or soft? Mine

are
> the former.
> Graham

They are suppose to be soft. The OP wanted recipes for soft or gooey cookies
and that one came to mind because it is especially easy. Did you like them?

Posted to rec.food.baking
graham

"Vox Humana" > wrote in message

> "graham" > wrote in message
>> I made a batch of those coconut kisses for which you posted the recipe
>> the
>> other day. Are they supposed to be fairly crisp/crunchy or soft? Mine

> are
>> the former.
>> Graham

> They are suppose to be soft. The OP wanted recipes for soft or gooey
> cookies
> and that one came to mind because it is especially easy. Did you like
> them?

I like the taste but they are not soft and gooey. Perhaps it was my
interpretation of the measurements. I weighed both the coconut and the
condensed milk as oz rather than floz. Perhaps the latter quantity was a
bit low. I reckon I used just slightly more than a half can of the milk.
Graham

Posted to rec.food.baking
Vox Humana

"graham" > wrote in message

> "Vox Humana" > wrote in message
> >
> > "graham" > wrote in message
> >> I made a batch of those coconut kisses for which you posted the recipe
> >> the
> >> other day. Are they supposed to be fairly crisp/crunchy or soft? Mine

> > are
> >> the former.
> >> Graham

> > They are suppose to be soft. The OP wanted recipes for soft or gooey
> > cookies
> > and that one came to mind because it is especially easy. Did you like
> > them?
> >

> I like the taste but they are not soft and gooey. Perhaps it was my
> interpretation of the measurements. I weighed both the coconut and the
> condensed milk as oz rather than floz. Perhaps the latter quantity was a
> bit low. I reckon I used just slightly more than a half can of the milk.
> Graham

That's the problem. Sweetened condensed milk comes in 12 oz cans as I
recall, the same as in the recipe. You should have used the entire can, or
at least 90% of it. Sometimes it is good to hold out a little of the milk
and check the consistency. I generally end up using the entire can.

Posted to rec.food.baking
graham

"Vox Humana" > wrote in message

> "graham" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Vox Humana" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > "graham" > wrote in message
>> > are
>> >
>> > They are suppose to be soft. The OP wanted recipes for soft or gooey
>> > cookies
>> > and that one came to mind because it is especially easy. Did you like
>> > them?
>> >

>> I like the taste but they are not soft and gooey. Perhaps it was my
>> interpretation of the measurements. I weighed both the coconut and the
>> condensed milk as oz rather than floz. Perhaps the latter quantity was a
>> bit low. I reckon I used just slightly more than a half can of the milk.
>> Graham

> That's the problem. Sweetened condensed milk comes in 12 oz cans as I
> recall, the same as in the recipe. You should have used the entire can,
> or
> at least 90% of it. Sometimes it is good to hold out a little of the milk
> and check the consistency. I generally end up using the entire can.

Thanks for confirming that! Mind you, using only half the can had its
benefits: I snacked on the rest!!:-) (One of life's pleasures).
I remember coconut pyramids from my childhood. You might like to try these.
Beat 2 egg whites until stiff. Fold in 5oz of caster sugar (fine, berry
sugar) and 5 oz coconut. Form into about 12 little pyramids and bake at
275F for about 3/4hour until very pale brown. (Pink or green coloring was
often added to the mix - shudder!).

Graham

Ping: Vox Humana Mookie General Cooking 2 03-01-2010 03:09 AM
Thanks to Vox Humana - Pizza Stone help Rowbotth Baking 1 04-02-2006 11:46 PM
Ping: Vox Humana Dee Randall Cooking Equipment 3 08-08-2005 06:20 PM
Ping: Vox Humana J@mes Baking 0 06-06-2005 05:21 AM
Hi! to Vox Humana.. sandy General Cooking 0 31-12-2003 06:58 AM