Posted to rec.food.baking
Rich Hollenbeck

Default Pizza Followup question

I've reduced the sugar in the formula from my textbook almost to none
because my pizzas came out too cake like on the baking sheet. Now that I
have a stone, do I put that sugar back in to compensate for the extra
crispiness created by the stone?

Posted to rec.food.baking
Vox Humana

"Rich Hollenbeck" > wrote in message
> I've reduced the sugar in the formula from my textbook almost to none
> because my pizzas came out too cake like on the baking sheet. Now that I
> have a stone, do I put that sugar back in to compensate for the extra
> crispiness created by the stone?

I don't use sugar in my pizza dough. Try it without first.

Posted to rec.food.baking
mikel

Rich Hollenbeck wrote:
> I've reduced the sugar in the formula from my textbook almost to none
> because my pizzas came out too cake like on the baking sheet. Now that I
> have a stone, do I put that sugar back in to compensate for the extra
> crispiness created by the stone?

try honey, with the yeast, works really well.

mk
Posted to rec.food.baking
Kamala Ganesh

Rich Hollenbeck wrote:
> I've reduced the sugar in the formula from my textbook almost to none
> because my pizzas came out too cake like on the baking sheet. Now that I
> have a stone, do I put that sugar back in to compensate for the extra
> crispiness created by the stone?

I use a bit of sugar or honey to proof the yeast, but none while making
the dough. When I use sourdough starter instead of yeast, I use no
sugar at all. The pizzas(either yeast or sourdough) come out well on a
baking stone.

Ham cooking question followup [email protected] General Cooking 48 29-12-2009 12:01 AM
Pizza Question Jke General Cooking 4 24-10-2006 10:18 PM
Pizza Question merryb General Cooking 10 24-10-2006 06:14 PM
Pizza Question Vilco General Cooking 0 23-10-2006 01:42 PM
Pizza Question zxcvbob General Cooking 0 23-10-2006 07:09 AM