FoodBanter.com

-   -   question re silicone pans (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/74571-question-re-silicone-pans.html)

Lisa Hetherington 19-11-2005 04:45 PM

question re silicone pans

I just discovered them and I LOVE the muffin pans...the muffins FALL
out...no temp or time changes. And they're perfect!! Easy easy clean up
too!

But...making cupcakes in the muffin pans...they weren't fully cooked and
they didn't fall out...in fact they stuck and didn't all come out...I
sprayed the pan with PAM just like I do for the muffins.

Does anyone have any advice for me?
Are there temp/time changes to be made for cupcakes?

I bought an 8 X 8 pan too, but now I'm a little leery of trying it out.
Any suggestions?

....Lisa in Hamilton, ON, Canada

deepeddygirl 19-11-2005 04:46 PM

question re silicone pans

Lisa Hetherington wrote:

> I just discovered them and I LOVE the muffin pans...the muffins FALL
> out...no temp or time changes. And they're perfect!! Easy easy clean up
> too!
>
> But...making cupcakes in the muffin pans...they weren't fully cooked and
> they didn't fall out...in fact they stuck and didn't all come out...I
> sprayed the pan with PAM just like I do for the muffins.
>
> Does anyone have any advice for me?
> Are there temp/time changes to be made for cupcakes?
>
> I bought an 8 X 8 pan too, but now I'm a little leery of trying it out.
> Any suggestions?
>

> ...Lisa in Hamilton, ON, Canada

I heard that you have to wait until the baked goods are completely
cooled before you take them out of the pan. Have you found that to be true?

[email protected] 19-11-2005 07:44 PM

question re silicone pans

Yes, wait until they are completely cooled. With the silicon, there's
no longer the continued cooking from the hot metal pans.

[email protected] 19-11-2005 08:14 PM

question re silicone pans

try testing with a skewer. They may need a little more time since you
dont get the same heating from the pan.

The silicon rubber pan that I have does not need any release spray.