FoodBanter.com

-   -   How to get instruction manual for Canadian Admiral "R2424 T" oven (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/74399-how-get-instruction-manual.html)

Fred Ma 17-11-2005 05:34 AM

How to get instruction manual for Canadian Admiral "R2424 T" oven

Canadian Admiral Corporation doesn't seem to exist anymore.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Fred

Viviane 17-11-2005 09:26 AM

How to get instruction manual for Canadian Admiral "R2424 T" oven

Have you done a google? It's amazing what's lurking around the internet.
You might even find if someone has taken them over and kept details.

a...

Frederic Ouellet 17-11-2005 12:12 PM

How to get instruction manual for Canadian Admiral "R2424 T" oven

ebay. That's how I got my car manual!

Cynthia

--
http://babyitems.myphotoalbum.com/vi...album01&id=bag

Fred Ma 17-11-2005 01:16 PM

Viviane wrote:
> Have you done a google? It's amazing what's lurking around the
> internet. You might even find if someone has taken them over and
> kept details.

Yes, and a Canada411 lookup. It seems that Whirlpool acquired certain
assets of Admiral (paraphrasing here), that Admiral was involved in
some litigation-type stuff, and that they also dealt in radioactive
materials. Though I will contact whirlpool, I'm not expecting a whole
lot from that because a google search doesn't turn up anything on the
model R2424 T. I get the feeling it's quite old. However, I'm there
must be many such ovens floating around. Just trying to figure out
how to use mine. (It may be that the "flight panel" controls are
quite common to ovens in general.)

Fred

Susan 21-11-2005 03:21 PM

Fred Ma wrote:

> Canadian Admiral Corporation doesn't seem to exist anymore.
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> Fred

You could post a Wanted ad on Freecycle. Someone might have a similar
stove or even the manual and be willing to share the information.

Susan

Fred Ma 22-11-2005 05:05 PM

Susan wrote:

> Fred Ma wrote:
>
>>Canadian Admiral Corporation doesn't seem to exist anymore.
>>Thanks for any suggestions.
>>
>>Fred

> You could post a Wanted ad on Freecycle. Someone might have a similar
> stove or even the manual and be willing to share the information.

> Susan

Thanks for the suggestion, Susan. I guess I must have downloaded your
posting before it got polarbeared. I investigated OttawaFreecycle in
the past. I may pursue it further. I need to give something away
first. In an apartment, it's relatively easy to give things away, so
I've never accumulated extraneous stuff. The lack of space also
minimalism.

Fred