Posted to rec.food.baking
Stroller

Default Childrens cakes (2 year)

Hi there

could somebody reccomend me some good books on making children's cakes
please or indeed any good cakes.

My two year old is into tractors and I would very much like to make him a
tractor cake. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Dave

Posted to rec.food.baking
Vox Humana

"Stroller" > wrote in message
> Hi there
>
> could somebody reccomend me some good books on making children's cakes
> please or indeed any good cakes.
>
> My two year old is into tractors and I would very much like to make him a
> tractor cake. Any ideas?

You should pick up a Wilton Yearbook of Cake Decorating. It is a magazine
style publication that has many ideas for children's cakes. It lists all
the materials and equipment needed along with step-by-step directions. You
can find a copy anywhere that sells Wilton supplies such as craft stores,
discount stores, party supply stores, and cake decorating shops. You can
also buy it online at www.wilton.com.

As for the cake, I doubt that it matters much to a 2 year old what it
tastes like (within reason.) I'm sure that someone will claim that their
child only eats cakes from the finest bakeries, but then you can always find
a red herring if you look hard enough. If you are interested in cake
baking, I would suggest that you buy a copy of the Cake Bible. I believe it
is out in paperback and you can probably find used copies online.