FoodBanter.com

-   -   Bread flour in Shortbread recipie...results (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/73678-bread-flour-shortbread-recipie.html)

baker1 08-11-2005 03:36 AM

Bread flour in Shortbread recipie...results

Not bad, a bit more crumbly than using AP. Still had a nice texture,
crunchy when cooled, but not like cookie crunchy. I'd probably stay
with the AP, but at least I know the results.

They baked at the same time and temp (20 min @ 285F convection) and
appears exactly the same as AP (just slightly brown on edges.)

I don't think the Bread Flour offered the same 'melt in you mouth'
that AP did, again, I think it's because it's slightly more firm.

Hey, at least they're edible...we've all thrown away batches of food.

Gary