Posted to rec.food.baking
Dorothy Shannon

Default Mary Ann Cake recipe

Does anyone have a recipe for Mary Ann Cake. I have the pan - 50 years
old - but have lost the recipe, which included vinegar!
Posted to rec.food.baking
retzofrex

http://www.dianasdesserts.com/index....NT/Recipes.cfm
and leave out the cocoa and chips and you should be fine as a starting
point recipe...

RsH
----------------
On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 08:15:02 -0700, Dorothy Shannon
> wrote:

>Does anyone have a recipe for Mary Ann Cake. I have the pan - 50 years
>old - but have lost the recipe, which included vinegar!

Copyright retained. My opinions - no one else's...
If this is illegal where you are, do not read it!
Posted to rec.food.baking
.

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005, Dorothy Shannon wrote:

> Does anyone have a recipe for Mary Ann Cake. I have the pan - 50 years
> old - but have lost the recipe, which included vinegar!

Dorothy,

I did a quick search on www.google.ca and found a few results for "Mary
Ann Cake". Williams-Sonoma sells a Mary Ann Cake Pan. I figured if they
sell it they should have a recipe for it as well.

http://ww2.williams-sonoma.com/sch/r...x=0&submit.y=0

The page has four recipes and a link to tips and techniques for the pan.

If you have your heart set on a recipe with vinegar you can search
http://www.foodreference.com or http://cake.allrecipes.com. The use of
vinegar is not that unusual. Sometimes you need something acidic to
balance things out. The vinegar will combine with other ingredients so you
will not taste the vinegar.

Looking for a recipe for "Hail Mary" cookies zachsgrandma Baking 0 17-04-2009 09:11 PM
Mary Ann Cake Dorothy Shannon Baking 2 12-11-2005 04:42 PM
Mary Todd Lincoln's Vanilla-Almond Cake Duckie ® Recipes 0 04-06-2005 04:24 PM
[RECIPE] Mary Pereira Breasts +krp- General Cooking 0 31-03-2005 05:08 PM
Questions about converting cake recipe for sheet cake, etc. N. Baking 9 15-03-2004 07:19 PM