Posted to rec.food.baking
Wayne Jones

Default Seasoning teflon muffin tins?

Although my muffin tins are teflon, they do stick. Is it possible to season
teflon coated muffin tins? If so, can you pls tell me how
Thanks
Wayne

Posted to rec.food.baking

By "season" do you mean grease and flour before adding the batter?
Then, just as any other cake pan. I hope to don't mean "saeson" as
in seasoning, preparing, a cast iron skillet. (Although I do have a
cast iron muffin pan, used just for cornbread muffins.. But that's cast
iron, not teflon.)

Posted to rec.food.baking
Jenn Ridley

" > wrote:

>>Wayne wrote:

>>Although my muffin tins are teflon, they do stick. Is it possible to season
>>teflon coated muffin tins? If so, can you pls tell me how

>By "season" do you mean grease and flour before adding the batter?
>Then, just as any other cake pan.

Which kind of defeats the purpose of buying teflon/non-stick muffin
tins. (not only that, but repeated greasing of non-stick pans can
lead to a greasy buildup that won't come off).

AFAIK, it's not really possible to "season" a teflon pan. I've found
that muffins come out of the pan better if you let them cool not quite
all the way before trying to get them out of the tin.

jenn

(NB: please include at least *some* of the message you are responding
to. Due to the nature of Usenet, not everyone will see all the
messages in the same order.)

--
Jenn Ridley :
Posted to rec.food.baking

I don't think season is the correct term. But to make teflon "non
stick" if for omletts or whatever a tad of butter will do it,,That is
the only thing that I know that will do it...
Bud

Posted to rec.food.baking
Wayne Jones

Thanks everyone. I thought for sure I had once bought a teflon pan that had
instructions for seasoning, but I guess my wife is right (for once<g>)

Wayne