Old 30-10-2005, 12:31 AM posted to rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking
sf

Default cupcake liners

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 23:23:20 GMT, Vox Humana wrote:

"sf" wrote in message
On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 19:09:15 -0400, Nancy Young wrote:

"Arri London" wrote

Vox Humana wrote:

Well, not as downmarket as a KrispyKream wedding cake.

You shock and horrify me! Is there truly such a thing???

Vox speaks the truth. I have seen that horror, here's one:

http://www.strangecosmos.com/content/item/4430.html

nancy

Call me Bubba, but a KrispyKream wedding cake seems entirely
appropriate for any marriage past the 2nd.

Past the 2nd. marriage one should consider serving bran muffins.

LOL - ROTF!

Old 30-10-2005, 11:39 PM posted to rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking
Arri London

Nancy Young wrote:

"Arri London" wrote

Vox Humana wrote:

Well, not as downmarket as a KrispyKream wedding cake.

You shock and horrify me! Is there truly such a thing???

Vox speaks the truth. I have seen that horror, here's one:

http://www.strangecosmos.com/content/item/4430.html

nancy

Aaaaccckkk!
Old 31-10-2005, 07:54 PM posted to rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking

I'm the original poster

My niece is looking at something more like this:
www.cupcaketree.com Look at the photo page.

I was/am talking about the paper liners. I don't want to frost the
sides of a cupcake (let alone cupcakes for 150!), and I will be
frosting the cupcakes a day ahead of the wedding, liners will keep the
cakes from drying out.

Cupcakes lend themselves to different flavors a little more easily than
layer cakes, also.

There will be a small (6 inch) cake on top, for the bride and groom to
cut. No layers will be saved and frozen, because frozen year-old cake
has no appeal to either the bride or the groom, tradition be danged.

Old 31-10-2005, 11:12 PM posted to rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking
retzofrex

What seems to be the issue? Cupcake Liners are in every supermarket in
my neck of the woods... right next to the icing and in the baking area.
Use them when appropriate in my muffin tins.

FWIW

RsH
----------------------

On 31 Oct 2005 11:54:25 -0800, wrote:

I'm the original poster

My niece is looking at something more like this:
www.cupcaketree.com Look at the photo page.

I was/am talking about the paper liners. I don't want to frost the
sides of a cupcake (let alone cupcakes for 150!), and I will be
frosting the cupcakes a day ahead of the wedding, liners will keep the
cakes from drying out.

Cupcakes lend themselves to different flavors a little more easily than
layer cakes, also.

There will be a small (6 inch) cake on top, for the bride and groom to
cut. No layers will be saved and frozen, because frozen year-old cake
has no appeal to either the bride or the groom, tradition be danged.

Copyright retained. My opinions - no one else's...
If this is illegal where you are, do not read it!
Old 01-11-2005, 12:08 AM posted to rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking
Ranee Mueller

In article ,
sf wrote:

My reaction too. Is that cupcake thing supposed to be a poor man's
Croquembouche?

I doubt it. It may shock, but there are people for whom cream puffs
bound together with spun sugar holds no appeal.

Regards,
Ranee

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/

Old 01-11-2005, 12:14 AM posted to rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking
Ranee Mueller

In article ,
Boron Elgar wrote:

It was a custom designed wedding cake, something a bit unusual that
many years ago and quite appropriate for an outdoor wedding. The
"ribbons" that led from the main part of the cake (which was in the
shape of a garden party hat, remember) and to the lines of cupcakes
were made of fondant. Those cupcakes were the delight of the children
who attended.

Of course it was "just a cake," but I daresay it was it was charming,
much more personal than a common tiered wedding cake and damn tasty.

Why would something like that be "too much" as opposed to some
multi-tiered white extravaganza wedding cake that would have looked
no different from anyone else's multi-tiered white extravaganza
wedding cake and proven way too formal for an informal wedding set in
a lush and lovely garden.

This was not a Bridezilla indulgence, but a labor of love made by the
bride's mother and two grandmothers, excellent bakers all, as well as
fine decorators.

There is nothing more wonderful than foods that are the result of fine
skill and love and presented to family at a joyous event.

I have preserved what you've written and heartily agree. There is
this notion, lately, that celebratory events aren't that big a deal.
Why make such a big deal about Christmas? It's just a day - we get
together and love each other all the time. We can get each other gifts
at any time. Well, sure, but it is nice to mark a celebration. Same
thing for weddings, anniversaries. Why make a big deal? Well, they are
big deals.

There is a reason that the actual day of celebration is set for most
things. I mean, we could all celebrate our birthdays three months
later, without harming anyone, since it's just a day, but that day has
significance.

Old 01-11-2005, 01:57 AM posted to rec.food.baking
Jenn Ridley

retzofrex wrote:

On 31 Oct 2005 11:54:25 -0800, wrote:

I'm the original poster

My niece is looking at something more like this:
www.cupcaketree.com Look at the photo page.

I was/am talking about the paper liners. I don't want to frost the
sides of a cupcake (let alone cupcakes for 150!), and I will be
frosting the cupcakes a day ahead of the wedding, liners will keep the
cakes from drying out.

What seems to be the issue? Cupcake Liners are in every supermarket in
my neck of the woods... right next to the icing and in the baking area.
Use them when appropriate in my muffin tins.

The OP was looking for non-metallic wedding themed cupcake liners.

--
Jenn Ridley :
Old 05-11-2005, 02:30 PM posted to rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking
Syssi

"Ranee Mueller"
snip

I have preserved what you've written and heartily agree. There is
this notion, lately, that celebratory events aren't that big a deal.
Why make such a big deal about Christmas? It's just a day - we get
together and love each other all the time. We can get each other gifts
at any time. Well, sure, but it is nice to mark a celebration. Same
thing for weddings, anniversaries. Why make a big deal? Well, they are
big deals.

There is a reason that the actual day of celebration is set for most
things. I mean, we could all celebrate our birthdays three months
later, without harming anyone, since it's just a day, but that day has
significance.

Regards,
Ranee
===========

Well said Ranee!!! Wow, truly, you stated that so...ummm... perfectly!

--
Syssi

Old 05-11-2005, 09:17 PM posted to rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking
Vox Humana

"Syssi" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
"Ranee Mueller"
snip

I have preserved what you've written and heartily agree. There is
this notion, lately, that celebratory events aren't that big a deal.
Why make such a big deal about Christmas? It's just a day - we get
together and love each other all the time. We can get each other gifts
at any time. Well, sure, but it is nice to mark a celebration. Same
thing for weddings, anniversaries. Why make a big deal? Well, they are
big deals.

There is a reason that the actual day of celebration is set for most
things. I mean, we could all celebrate our birthdays three months
later, without harming anyone, since it's just a day, but that day has
significance.

Regards,
Ranee

Well said Ranee!!! Wow, truly, you stated that so...ummm... perfectly!

Certainly the point I was making was NOT that it ISN'T a big deal. The
problem as I see it is that people spend WAY too much emotional energy and
more moony than they rationally should on the MECHANICS of the day and
completely forget about why they are celebrating. It is called subgoal
inversion. Brides become Broadway producers warring about sets, costumes,
music, lighting, advertising, etc., and often alienate people along the way.