FoodBanter.com

-   -   Just made some bread (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/72176-just-made-some-bread.html)

[email protected] 16-10-2005 12:03 AM

Just made some bread

Today I made my first loaf of bread with half King Arthur whole wheat
flour and half unbleached all purpose flour. It was so worth it. It's
the best bread I ever ate. It's moist and delicious. Even the crust is
delicious. Supermarket bread is like cardboard, even the more expensive
stuff. I'm looking forward to making other breads.

Giggles 16-10-2005 03:24 PM

Just made some bread

Congrats!!! on your first loaf of bread. Did you use a bread machine?

oups.com...

[email protected] 16-10-2005 06:11 PM

Just made some bread

>Did you use a bread machine?

no

[email protected] 17-10-2005 06:44 PM

Just made some bread

Congratulations.
I use bulk AP flour for some things but I'm truly a convert to King
Arthur AP and WW for bread products. They have beautiful, consistent
flour. Also, their AP protein level is high, similar to some other
mills bread flour. So it's great for bread. It's not ideal for pies and
things that want lower protein level.
Enjoy your breads!
-Marylouise