stiko

Default Baking with Olive Oil

Hi! Does anybody know any good book or website with recipes for baking with
olive oil? Thnx

chembake

>Hi! Does anybody know any good book or website with recipes for baking with
>olive oil? Thnx

Is a book really necessary...?
You can easily modify any recipes using vegetable oil to accomodate
olive oil....but if you insist you can browse in the books tore for
italian and meditteranean baking.
For links;
A quick google search can gave me this l
http://www.oliveoilsource.com/recipes.htm
http://www.nccachefs.org/MR-JB-oliveoil.html
and 12,000 hits more!

Billy Mumphrey

We all have to have our hand held today before we will attempt anything
other than drive to work and back.

Just do it. If it doesn't work to your liking, experiment a bit. Cut the
Internet umbilical cord and wing it.

BM

"chembake" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> >Hi! Does anybody know any good book or website with recipes for baking
> >with
>>olive oil? Thnx

> Is a book really necessary...?
> You can easily modify any recipes using vegetable oil to accomodate
> olive oil....but if you insist you can browse in the books tore for
> italian and meditteranean baking.
> For links;
> A quick google search can gave me this l
> http://www.oliveoilsource.com/recipes.htm
> http://www.nccachefs.org/MR-JB-oliveoil.html
> and 12,000 hits more!

Chuck

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 19:41:11 -0400, "Billy Mumphrey" <bmumph @
yahoo.com> wrote:

>We all have to have our hand held today before we will attempt anything
>other than drive to work and back.
>
>Just do it. If it doesn't work to your liking, experiment a bit. Cut the
>Internet umbilical cord and wing it.
>
>BM
>

>"chembake" > wrote in message
roups.com...
>> >Hi! Does anybody know any good book or website with recipes for baking
>> >with
>>>olive oil? Thnx

>> Is a book really necessary...?
>> You can easily modify any recipes using vegetable oil to accomodate
>> olive oil....but if you insist you can browse in the books tore for
>> italian and meditteranean baking.
>> For links;
>> A quick google search can gave me this l
>> http://www.oliveoilsource.com/recipes.htm
>> http://www.nccachefs.org/MR-JB-oliveoil.html
>> and 12,000 hits more!

Just use the olive oil that has little or no taste... not oil you'd
use in salads..
Flower Girl

from the latest issue of Living:
http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jh... ue&resultNo=3

Walnut-Olive Oil Cake

Serves 8 to 10

Unsalted butter, for pan

1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon coarse salt

3 large eggs, room temperature

3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar

1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil

1/3 cup Italian walnut liqueur, such as Nocello

3/4 cup walnut halves, toasted and finely chopped

Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting

Crème fraîche, for serving

Apple Compote, for serving

Candied Walnuts, for serving

1. Preheat oven to 350°. Generously butter a 9-inch round cake
pan; set aside. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl;
set aside. Put eggs in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the
whisk attachment; beat on high speed until light in color, about 2
minutes. Reduce speed to medium. Add granulated sugar; beat until
mixture is pale and thick, about 4 minutes. Reduce speed to low; mix in
oil and liqueur. Lightly fold in flour mixture in 3 batches using a
rubber spatula. Fold in toasted walnuts. Spread batter into prepared pan.

2. Bake cake until a cake tester inserted in center comes out
clean, 20 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Turn out
cake onto rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners sugar. Serve
with crème fraîche, apple compote, and candied walnuts.

stiko wrote:
> Hi! Does anybody know any good book or website with recipes for baking with
> olive oil? Thnx

Posted to rec.food.baking
Wayne Jones

"Billy Mumphrey" <bmumph @ yahoo.com> wrote this dumb ignorant response in
message ...
> We all have to have our hand held today before we will attempt anything
> other than drive to work and back.
>
> Just do it. If it doesn't work to your liking, experiment a bit. Cut the
> Internet umbilical cord and wing it.
>
> BM

That's a really dumb response.
a proper response might save a failure, time and ingredients
a proper response might provide some good ideas one might not have
considered.
I like to experiment but it's informed. I like to have some understanding of
the principles involved which you certainly didn't provide.
A newbie, fearing that people might consider them stupid, might never post
again after getting your reply.

Wayne

Posted to rec.food.baking
Billy Mumphrey

You're right Wayne. The poster was asking for a good book or website and I
shouldn't have responded if I didn't know of one.

What I want to say is that few people are instinctive about cooking, baking,
archery, you name it today. We have also grown afraid to experiment. This
probably wasn't the time to make that point.

BM

"Wayne Jones" > wrote in message
> "Billy Mumphrey" <bmumph @ yahoo.com> wrote this dumb ignorant response in
> message ...
>> We all have to have our hand held today before we will attempt anything
>> other than drive to work and back.
>>
>> Just do it. If it doesn't work to your liking, experiment a bit. Cut
>> the Internet umbilical cord and wing it.
>>
>> BM

> That's a really dumb response.
> a proper response might save a failure, time and ingredients
> a proper response might provide some good ideas one might not have
> considered.
> I like to experiment but it's informed. I like to have some understanding
> of the principles involved which you certainly didn't provide.
> A newbie, fearing that people might consider them stupid, might never
> post again after getting your reply.
>
> Wayne

Baking soda and baking powder. Some question Pandora General Cooking 11 24-08-2006 12:40 PM
Sinai Exporter for Olive & Extra Virgin Olive Oil [email protected] General Cooking 1 12-08-2006 10:24 AM
Sinai Exporter for Olive & Extra Virgin Olive Oil [email protected] Marketplace 0 12-08-2006 06:27 AM
Baking with Olive Oil ggg Baking 10 07-01-2006 04:45 AM
creaming vs baking with olive oil stiko Baking 3 23-10-2005 09:14 PM