FoodBanter.com

-   -   Oat Flour ? (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/70507-re-oat-flour.html)

Juhana Harju 23-09-2005 06:06 AM

Oat Flour ?

Picilli wrote:
: Browsing groups and web pages it seems to me oat flour is only an
: addition to a wheat or rye flour for making a bread. Are there any
: recipes to make a good loaf of bread using only oat, or a mix of
: barley and oat flour ? The goal is to make a bread with the lowest
: hypoglycemic index possible. Is the wheat absolutely irreplaceable ?

Oat does not have the lowest possible glycemic index but barley does. Barley
bread has been a traditional bread in many countries.

--
Juhana

Juhana Harju 23-09-2005 06:28 AM

:
: Oat does not have the lowest possible glycemic index but barley does.
: Barley bread has been a traditional bread in many countries.

Here is one recipe.

http://www.bobsredmill.com/recipe/detail.php?rid=43

--
Juhana

[email protected] 23-09-2005 03:54 PM

If oat and barley flours are to be used and one wants a risen bread then
adding wheat gluten will allow them to do so. When the dough is kneaded
it forms the gluten into layers which trap the gases created by the yeast
and causes the dough to expand. Only wheat and rye have gluten to any
extent.

werty 23-09-2005 04:52 PM

There is no silver bullet in germ or any other part
of grains .
I eat no fiber , not vitamins , just ordinary carbs like
sugar , bread .
I can't loose weight . I am 61 170lb and fast once a month .
I eat very little food , no meat .
Science ( in the lib of your university ) will disprove many of the
govt propaganda lies about eating this can cause cancer
and eating this will cure it .
That same govt has been caught lying about HIV .
It does not exist .

Fiber is not needed . It does nothing for the body . Your intestines
are supposed to move slow ! There is supposed to be little or no air
and certainly no water in the colon to stay healthy .
Water as in diarrhea kills the natural flora which makes among others
K3 . K2 is only useful if you are not coagulating blood .
You do need Vit C every 10 days , especially if OLD !
A is OK .

It's all for sales ! To sell food and Vitamins ! It is BS .
Your body burns sugar . I give my body mosty table sugar .
It is the easiest to convetr to glucose .
It completely recycles 99.9 % of all aminos . It can even make
all aminos from Amonia in colon !!
I can prove it from study material required in the University !