FoodBanter.com

-   -   Turkish bread (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/70275-turkish-bread.html)

Daisy 20-09-2005 04:42 AM

Turkish bread

I am just back in New Zealand again after a few weeks in Australia
where they make the most delicious, light, airy Turkish bread (pide).
By comparison the bread that is sold as Turkish bread here has a more
solid texture. I am wondering which is the more authentic, and also
if someone out there bakes this type of ethnic bread successfully,
with the lovely airy holes in it (a bit like Italian ciabatta) could
they let me know please?

I don't want a referral to a recipe on the Internet. I've seen all
those. Perhaps the secret is in the mixing or proving.

If someone experienced with this bread reads this and could respond,
I'd be very grateful.

Daisy

Carthage demands an explanation for this insolence!

chembake 20-09-2005 11:12 AM

>I don't want a referral to a recipe on the Internet. I've seen all
>those. Perhaps the secret is in the mixing or proving.

>If someone experienced with this bread reads this and could respond,
>I'd be very grateful.

IMO that is quixotic quest<grin>. and I don't beleive in 'magic
recipes' either<grin>.
I had my experience teaching people who have high standards but
hardly know how to bake....<sigh>.
Those individuasl had tried many recipes by following the details
word for word, but stilll were unable to attain their goals....

Therefore.. the morals here is ;
I would say that no matter what recipe you use if you are not skilled
in the craft nor have enough experience in breadmaking you are
unlikely to get what you want..