Dave Smith

Clemens wrote:

> I can't find vanilla sugar which is called by a recipe. I got a pure
> vanilla extract, but I have no idea how many drops are equivalent to
> how many grams. Please tell me, if the recipe calls for three grams
> of sugar what would be the equivalent in drops of extract, to get a
> taste of vannila ?

Take the cap of the vanilla extract bottle and pass it over the sugar. 3
grams of sugar is roughly 1/10 of an ounce, so I doubt that there would
be much vanilla flavour to worry about.
You can make your own vanilla sugar by cutting up a vanilla bean and
letting it sit in some sugar for a while. You can even use vanilla beans
that you have used for a cooked dish, like custard. If desperate, you
can put a drop or two of extract in a cup of sugar and shake it around
to get the flavour mixed up really well.

Sheldon

Clemens wrote:
> I can't find vanilla sugar which is called by a recipe. I got a pure
> vanilla extract, but I have no idea how many drops are equivalent to
> how many grams. Please tell me, if the recipe calls for three grams
> of sugar what would be the equivalent in drops of extract, to get a
> taste of vannila ?

What's the recipe?

Sheldon

Margaret Suran

Clemens wrote:
> I can't find vanilla sugar which is called by a recipe. I got a pure
> vanilla extract, but I have no idea how many drops are equivalent to
> how many grams. Please tell me, if the recipe calls for three grams
> of sugar what would be the equivalent in drops of extract, to get a
> taste of vannila ?
>
> Thank you.

For the future, take an airtight container, a glass jar will be fine
and make your own Vanilla Sugar. For a cup of granulated sugar, cut a
Vanilla Bean into 1/2 inch pieces and bury in the sugar. In a few
days, you will have vanilla flavored sugar, which can be used for
baking recipes. It smells heavenly, assuming you like the aroma of
Vanilla and will keep for a long time.

jake

Clemens wrote:
> I can't find vanilla sugar which is called by a recipe. I got a pure
> vanilla extract, but I have no idea how many drops are equivalent to
> how many grams. Please tell me, if the recipe calls for three grams
> of sugar what would be the equivalent in drops of extract, to get a
> taste of vannila ?
>
> Thank you.

in Holland, one packet of vanilla sugar is small but so strong that in
cakes you mix it with 500 grams of regular sugar and then it seems to be
right. Does that haelp?