baker1

Default Can I prepare Focaccia today, but bake it tomorrow?

I have a party tomorrow night and won't have time to make the entire
bread between events. Can I make the dough today, put it into the
sheet pan and bake it tomorrow? What could happen overnight?

thanks
Roy

Yes, possibly if you know how to control the fermenation variables ....
if you use lesser amount of yeast ,, preferabley use a dough enhancer
,.. cover the pan (with dough on it )with polythene... and let it
rises slowly in refirgerated conditions.
take out from the fridge....place your desired topping, and bake....

Roy wrote:
> Yes, possibly if you know how to control the fermenation variables ....
> if you use lesser amount of yeast ,, preferabley use a dough enhancer
> ,.. cover the pan (with dough on it )with polythene... and let it
> rises slowly in refirgerated conditions.
> take out from the fridge....place your desired topping, and bake....

If time permits your best option is to mix the dough , place it in a
bowl for the first rise, refridgerate it overnight.

Next day , take it out, punch it down, form the bread, pan, let rise,
bake.

Jens Richter

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 19:57:10 +0000, baker1 wrote:

> I have a party tomorrow night and won't have time to make the entire
> bread between events. Can I make the dough today, put it into the
> sheet pan and bake it tomorrow? What could happen overnight?

I'm baking German breads with self made sourdough only (no commercial
yeast). And I always prepare the dough in the evening and leave it over
night in a warm place, covered with a cloth.

Greetings
Jens