MOMPEAGRAM

Default BREAD PUDDING 1 COLLECTION (12)

* Exported from BigOven *

Amaretto Bread Pudding

Recipe By :
Serving Size :1
Cuisine :
Main Ingred. :

-------- ------------- --------------------------------
3 c Broken stale or dried bread
Or cake
1/2 c Raw almonds
3 c Half and half
3 lg Eggs
1 ts Vanilla
1/2 ts Salt
1/3 c Amaretto
6 tb Sugar
Optional: A handful of
Muscat
Etc
Raisins --tart berries:
Black --razz

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toast the almonds lightly in a skillet or
broiler, taking care not to burn them. Chop the almonds coarsely. Break
bread into a sizeable casserole. The pieces need to be small enough to
absorb liquid well but should not be crumbs. Mix the almonds in with the
bread. In another bowl beat together the eggs and the half and half, add
the vanilla, salt and amaretto. Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture.
If the bread is totally dried out, let the mixture set for a few minutes to
soak. If you add the raisins, add a little more liquid or macerate the
raisins in the amaretto. Then bake for about 35 minutes. Serve warm or
cold, by itself or topped with tart berries.

** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
** Easy Windows recipe software. Try it free at
www.bigoven.com. **

* Exported from BigOven *

Bread and Butter Pudding

Recipe By :ArcaMax Recipes 05/14/2004
Serving Size :0
Cuisine :
Main Ingred. :

-------- ------------- --------------------------------
1/2 cup butter --softened
12 slices thin white bread
1/3 cup raisins
1/2 cup dried currants
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
3 large eggs
1/4 cup sugar
2 and 1/2 cups milk
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg

Coat the bottom of a 7 x 10 baking dish with butter. Trim the crust
off bread slices and butter both sides of the bread slices.
Place 4 slices at the bottom of the baking dish. Combine raisins,
currants and cinnamon together and toss. Place half the mixture
over the 4 bread slices. Add 4 more buttered bread slices and the
other half of raisins and currants. Top with remaining 4 slices of
buttered bread. In a mixer or blender, mix eggs until frothy, then
add sugar, milk, cream and nutmeg and beat until mixed. Pour mixture
over bread and raisin mixture. Allow pudding to sit at room temperature
for about 30 minutes so bread can absorb liquid. Cover with aluminum
foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes, remove foil and bake
30 minutes longer. Serve warm.

The Skinny: Whoa...lots of eggs, butter and cream. Use your
favorite egg and sugar substitute. Use skim milk and fat free
Half and Half in place of the cream. Use light bread?

** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
** Easy Windows recipe software. Try it free at www.bigoven.com. **

* Exported from BigOven *

Bread Pudding

Recipe By :
Serving Size :4
Cuisine :
Main Ingred. :

-------- ------------- --------------------------------
4 c Old bread
3 1/2 c soja milk
2/3 c Sugar
1/2 ts Salt
1 tb Vanilla
1 ts Cinnamon
1/4 c Margarine

Break bread into bite size pieces in a square baking pan. Mix milk, sugar,
salt, vanilla and cinnamon together well. Mix together well: Pour over
bread Dot the top with margarine. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Thats
it. Easy. My own additions: In my experience, you can be liberal with the
vanilla and cinnamon. And add other ingredients like raisins or other sweet
spices (nutmeg, etc) f you wish. If you have more bread or more milk to use
up, use it. This cafe near me, Pcwave, used to microwave vanilla ice cream
over theirs and mix white chocolate (I think) into it. The above cookbook
uses sojamilk and margarine, if you don't have (or like) these you could
use another milk, and/or butter or olive oil, I imagine. I would love to
try this with coconut milk sometime. IÕve tended to do this recipe the few
times I've had a nearly full jug of sojamilk that's gone sour and started
to turn to cheese. And that made the most delicious bread pudding, believe
it or not. As far as judging cooking time, if you have had bread pudding
before, then you'll know when its ready, if you have not, the liquid should
be cooked into the bread and not soupy. If there's too much liquid, give
it more time. From Louise Hagler's Farm Vegetarian Cookbook, from the farm
in Summertown Tenn. From: "pheist" >

** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
** Easy Windows recipe software. Try it free at www.bigoven.com. **

* Exported from BigOven *

Bread Pudding

Recipe By :
Serving Size :6
Cuisine :
Main Ingred. :

-------- ------------- --------------------------------
2 c stale bread --crumbled
1 qt milk --scalded
1/2 c or more sugar
1/4 c butter --melted
2 eggs --slightly beaten
1/2 ts salt
1 t vanilla --or 1/4 teaspoon
spice

Oven: 325 degreesSoak bread crumbs in milk; set aside until cool, then
addother ingredients. If firmer pudding is desired, reducemilk to 2 cups.
Bake 1 hour in buttered pudding dish inmoderately slow oven - about 325 F.
Serve hot withvanilla sauce, or serve cold with any fruit sauce. Don'tuse
crusts in preparing bread crumbs. With a coarsegrater, there need be very
little waste.Notes: I actually don't grate the bread into crumbs. I just
tear it intosmall pieces, using a little more than the 2 cups the recipe
recommends. Ialso leave the crusts on. It gives the pudding a much nicer
texture thatway.Source: my mom From: "Dawn Starbird"
<dawn@dawnstarbirdate: October 24, 2003 7:40 Pm MM by H Peagram
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 0 Calories; 0g Fat (0.0% calories
from fat); 0g Protein; 0g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol;
178mg Sodium. Exchanges: .Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
** Easy Windows recipe software. Try it free at www.bigoven.com. **

* Exported from BigOven *

Bread Pudding

Recipe By :
Serving Size :1
Cuisine :
Main Ingred. :

-------- ------------- --------------------------------
1 1/2 c Torn bread --not too fresh
Whole wheat is OK)
2 Beaten eggs
3 c HOT milk
2/3 c Sugar
1/4 ts Salt
1 tb Butter
1/2 ts Vanilla
1/2 ts Cinnamon
1/2 -1 cup chopped nuts
1/2 c Raisins --optional
Bourbon Sauce
1/3 c Butter
1 c Sifted confectioners sugar
3 tb Bourbon or other
Liquor-amaretto or rum are
Good substitutes
2 Egg yolks
1/2 c Whipping cream

Combine all but the bread and eggs. Then add eggs (so the milk will have
cooled some) and bread. Let it sit until all the bread is soggy. Pour into
a greased 9" square pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. This can
easily be doubled. Even better than the pudding is the Bourbon Sauce that I
serve it with. Even though this calls for raisins I always use something
else. Usually dried cranberries, but dried cherries also work or you can
leave them out entirely. This makes a 9 X 9 dish and I usually double it
and bake it in a 9 X 13 dish. Remember if using a glass dish lower the oven
25 degrees. Bourbon Sauce Beat butter until soft in the top of a double
boiler over hot but not boiling water: Add sugar gradually and beat until
creamy: Beat in bourbon in slowly: Beat yolks in one at a time: Add
whipping cream Cook until slightly thickened, stirring quite often. 10 min
or so. You can easily double the sauce, but don't try to triple it for it
takes too long to get it thickened. From: >

[...]

Serving Size :15
Cuisine :
Main Ingred. :

-------- ------------- --------------------------------
5 cups Day-old bread cubes
4 cups Scalded milk
1/2 cup Butter --melted and cooled
1 cup White sugar
1/2 teaspoon Salt
4 Eggs --beaten
1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon Ground nutmeg
1 cup Raisins --optional
1/2 cup White sugar
1/2 tablespoon Cornstarch
1 cup Hot water
2 tablespoon Butter
3 tablespoon Lemon juice
1 tablespoon Lemon zest

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray an 8x11 inch casserole
with nonstick spray. In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, 1 cup sugar,
salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix in raisins, if desired. In another bowl,
blend milk, melted butter, and eggs. Add wet ingredients to dry, and mix
together without turning bread mixture into mush. Pour mixture into
prepared casserole dish. Place casserole dish into a larger baking pan.
Pour hot water into baking pan about 1/3 up the side of the casserole dish,
creating a water bath. Bake for 45 minutes. In a small saucepan, combine
1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, 1 cup hot water, 2 tablespoons butter, lemon
juice, and lemon zest. Cook on medium heat until bubbling and thickened.
Stir constantly to avoid scorching. Serve with bread pudding. From:
"Belinda" <thepandagirl9Bread Pudding This recipe includes directions for
making lemon sauce, a perfect complement to a spicy bread pudding. Makes 1
8x11 inch casserole (15 servings).

** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
** Easy Windows recipe software. Try it free at www.bigoven.com. **

* Exported from BigOven *

Bread Pudding

Recipe By :
Serving Size :4
Cuisine :
Main Ingred. :

-------- ------------- --------------------------------
2 cups Milk
2 cups Bread crumbs --stale
1/4 cup Butter or margarine
2 Eggs --beaten
1/3 cup Granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
3/4 cup Currants or raisins
1/2 teaspoon Ground cinnamon --optional

Measure milk into heavy saucepan. Heat until almost boiling. Add bread
crumbs and butter. Remove from heat. Stir in eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla and
raisins. Add cinnamon. Turn into an 8-inch casserole. Bake, uncovered, at
350 F for 45 minutes until set. Serve with ice cream or cream. Variation:
Use brown sugar instead of white. It gives a milk butterscotch flavour.
From: "Ann McMaster" >

** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
** Easy Windows recipe software. Try it free at www.bigoven.com. **

* Exported from BigOven *

Bread Pudding With Lemon Sauce

Recipe By :
Serving Size :6
Cuisine :
Main Ingred. :

-------- ------------- --------------------------------
4 sl Day old white or
Cinnamon-raisin bread
Cubed
3/4 c Pecans --or raisins
2 c Milk or Half & Half --or
Mixture)
3/4 c Granulated sugar
2 Or 3 tablespoons butter
unsalted butter preferred
1/4 To 1/2 teaspoon table salt
2 Eggs
1 ts Pure vanilla extract
Lemon Sauce:
3/4 c Granulated sugar
2 tb Cornstarch
1 c Water
Juice of 1 fresh lemon
Grated lemon peel / zest of
1 Fresh lemon
1 tb Butter --unsalted butter
Preferred)

For Pudding: Toss bread and pecans (or raisins) in an ungreased 1 1/2 quart
baking dish. In a saucepan, combine milk, sugar, butter and salt; cook and
stir until butter melts. Remove from the heat. Whisk eggs and vanilla in a
small bowl; gradually stir in a small amountof hot mixture. Return all to
the pan and mix well. Pour over bread and raisins. Set the dish in a
larger baking pan; add 1 inch of hot water. Bake, uncovered, at 350
degrees for 50 - 60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes
out clean. For Sauce: Combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Stir in
water until smooth; bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 1 to 2
minutes, stirring constantly - mixture should turn glossy. Remove from
heat; stir in lemonjuice, peel and butter until melted. Serve over warm or
cold pudding. Makes 6 servings From: > From:

** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
** Easy Windows recipe software. Try it free at www.bigoven.com. **

* Exported from BigOven *

Bread Pudding With Rum Sauce

Recipe By :
Serving Size :1
Cuisine :
Main Ingred. :

-------- ------------- --------------------------------
2 oz Soft unsalted butter
4 oz Powdered sugar
Pudding:
1/2 ts Ground cinnamon
2 c Sugar
pn Nutmeg
1 ts Vanilla
4 Eggs plus 2 egg yolks
1 qt Whole milk
1/2 c Raisins
1 c Shredded sweet coconut
1 One-pound loaf --1-2 day old
French bread --ends and
Bottom crusts removed
Cut in 1/2 -inch slices
Rum Sauce:
2 oz Unsalted butter
4 oz Powdered sugar
4 oz Heavy whipping cream

In a small bowl, cream 2 ounces butter and 4 ounces powdered sugar.
Generously coat sides and bottom of a 9 x 13 x 2-inch cool, dry cake pan
with half the butter and powdered sugar mixture. Reserve remaining portion.
Set cake pan in refrigerator or cool place. In a large bowl combine
cinnamon, sugar, nutmeg, vanilla, eggs and egg yolks with a whisk. Add
milk, raisins and coconut and stir until thoroughly combined. Add bread
slices, gently pushing them down into the milk mixture. (Do not squeeze!)
Let soak 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour into prepared pan. Pat
down. Gently push raisins into the mixture so they will not burn. Melt
remaining powdered sugar and butter. Pour on top of pudding. Place pan on
cookie sheet. Bake 45 to 50 minutes in the top third of 325:F oven. To
prepare rum sauce, combine butter, powdered sugar and cream in a small
saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Add rum. Pour rum sauce over
individual servings of pudding. From: "Luckytrim" >
Pan Dressing:

** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
** Easy Windows recipe software. Try it free at www.bigoven.com. **

* Exported from BigOven *

Bread Pudding With Rum Sauce

Recipe By :
Serving Size :10
Cuisine :
Main Ingred. :
Categories :Cooking Light 1994 Desserts

-------- ------------- --------------------------------
1/2 cups 2% low-fat milk
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 egg whites
1 egg
12 ounces evaporated skimmed milk
10 slices French bread --3/4-inch thick cut
Vegetable cooking spray
Rum Sauce
INGREDIENTS FOR RUM SAUCE
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoon reduced-calorie stick margarine
2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 cup 2% low-fat milk
3 tablespoon dark rum

Combine first 9 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well. Add bread; toss
gently. Let mixture stand 1 hour. Spoon mixture into a 10 x 7-inch baking
dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until
pudding is set. Yield: 10 servings.INSTRUCTIONS FOR RUM SAUCE:Combine sugar
and margarine in a saucepan. Place over medium heat, and cook until
margarine melts.Add flour, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly with a
wire whisk. Gradually add low-fat milk, and cook for 4 minutes or until
thickened, stirring constantly with wire whisk. Remove from heat, and stir
in the rum. Serve warm.Yield: 1-1/4 cups (serving size: 2
tablespoons)Source: "Cooking Light, Nov/Dec 1994, page 130"Copyright: "©
Cooking Light"Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 291 Calories; 4g Fat
(11.4% calories from fat); 9g Protein; 54g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
24mg Cholesterol; 277mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat;
1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 2 Other Carbohydrates.Serving Ideas :
Serve pudding warm or at room temperature with Rum Sauce.Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 594 0 2130706543 0 0 0 20100 0 0 0