Shaun aRe

"AlleyGator" > wrote in message
> sarah bennett > wrote:
>
> >ok, i give up. it seems the only attitude one can have on usenet is
> >snotty bitch or newbie, apparently.

> I think you seem to be the only one acting the part of snotty b****
> here, Shelly. For the life of me, I can't figure out how someone
> thinks that what you did is funny, let alone sending the guy an email
> to let him know you're bored and juvenile enoughto to not only troll,
> but admit it and be proud of it. That's a shame, too, because I liked
> your art. I spent some time getting the food links together for you,
> so at least I hope you can make use of those. Now, maybe we should
> all just step back and forget it. I think you might enjoy hanging out
> here once in a while if you'd give it a chance. Might learn something
> too - I have.

Uhhmm, it was Sarah Bennet wrote that Alley, not Shelly!

Shaun aRe

Otto Bahn

"Shaun aRe" > wrote

> > > Yes she is an ultimate Troll - go look at her blog, where she talks
> > > about developing websites. I actually broke down and tried to help
> > > somebody - what an idiot I was <G>

> > She might just be new at the usenet, but maybe
> > I do have some egg on my head. She sent me an
> > email that just said "YHBT. HTH. HAND." What
> > the hell is that all about?

> You have been trolled, hope that helps, have a nice day, heheheheheheh!

You're only three days out of the loop. The not
so funny part is that she gave me a virus that
made outlook send porn to everyone in my address
book. I do nut like these mean trolls.

--oTTo--

Are there any *nice* trolls?

Shaun aRe

"Otto Bahn" > wrote in message
> "limey" > wrote

> > > thanks! how do i do that?

> > I think you're a troll.

> Clueless newbie. She just showed up on the usenet.

Nope - out and out troll.

Shaun aRe - Spot 'em a mile away.

Chris McGonnell

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 12:51:02 -0500, shelly wrote:

>On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 12:21:23 -0400, Chris McGonnell
> wrote:
>
>>Mine does that too! This Outlook Express thing is quite easy.

>i love it too! now, i just need to figure out how i can attach pictures
>to these emails, so that i can show all of you my lovely grandkids.

I'd click on the "help" file for assistance on attaching things.

>>I don't understand your acronyms, but I'll learn in time.

>be careful who you ask for help. some of the people on this board are
>really rude.

I'm beginning to see that. It ruins it for us new users that the "old
hands" don't like explaining things to us.

--
Chris McG.
Harming humanity since 1951.

Chris McGonnell

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 00:46:35 GMT, Graphic Queen wrote:

>On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 12:51:02 -0500, shelly >
>wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 12:21:23 -0400, Chris McGonnell
> wrote:
>>
>>>Mine does that too! This Outlook Express thing is quite easy.

>>i love it too! now, i just need to figure out how i can attach pictures
>>to these emails, so that i can show all of you my lovely grandkids.

>hahaha That is one of the easiest things to learn. I do wish we could
>people in these different groups. Microsoft screwed it for the whole
>world since they made it so easy for anyone and everyone to get
>connected.

Well that sounds quite elitist. I love Microsoft and its products
because they're so simple to use, so the company didn't "screw it" as
far as I'm concerned!

--
Chris McG.
Harming humanity since 1951.
"McGonnell, welcome to Plonksville, population: You"
-- Stacia

Chris McGonnell

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 16:38:28 +0100, Shaun aRe wrote:

>"Otto Bahn" > wrote in message
>> "AlleyGator" > wrote

>> > Yes she is an ultimate Troll - go look at her blog, where she talks
>> > about developing websites. I actually broke down and tried to help
>> > somebody - what an idiot I was <G>

>> She might just be new at the usenet, but maybe
>> I do have some egg on my head. She sent me an
>> email that just said "YHBT. HTH. HAND." What
>> the hell is that all about?
>>
>> --oTTo--

>You have been trolled, hope that helps, have a nice day, heheheheheheh!

Once again, what is a "troll?" I thought it was a noun and you're
using it as a verb. You obviously don't mean fairy tale trolls.

--
Chris McG.
Harming humanity since 1951.
"McGonnell, welcome to Plonksville, population: You"
-- Stacia

Otto Bahn

"Chris McGonnell" > wrote

> >You have been trolled, hope that helps, have a nice day, heheheheheheh!

> Once again, what is a "troll?" I thought it was a noun and you're
> using it as a verb. You obviously don't mean fairy tale trolls.

A troll is someone who plays stupid. I've guessing trolled
means that someone (shelley) played stupid with me.

--oTTo--

Dave Bell

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, Otto Bahn wrote:

> "Chris McGonnell" > wrote
>
> > >You have been trolled, hope that helps, have a nice day, heheheheheheh!

> > Once again, what is a "troll?" I thought it was a noun and you're
> > using it as a verb. You obviously don't mean fairy tale trolls.

> A troll is someone who plays stupid. I've guessing trolled
> means that someone (shelley) played stupid with me.
>
> --oTTo--

Troll in this context is more related to fishing:

Motoring along quietly, trailing a baited hook, to see who bites.

In this case, asking stupid-newbie questions. In others, offerring
opinions extremely out of the norm for the newsgroup, like asking for
recipes for wokking a cat, in a cat-lovers' group...
Kevin S. Wilson

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 16:48:09 -0400, "limey" >
wrote:

>"Glitter Ninja" > wrote in message

>>>I think you're a troll.

>> Jeez, just because she doesn't know how to work her Microsoft like an
>> expert doesn't mean she's a troll.
>>
>> Stacia

>Sorry, but I don't buy that. She knew enough to find her way to the
>newsgroup and to have a "blog". She's just pretending to be without a
>clue.

Oh, come on. Why would anyone do something like that?

(I'm beginning to wonder who the truly clueless one is here.)

Kevin S. Wilson

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:26:05 -0400, "Otto Bahn"
> wrote:

>"Chris McGonnell" > wrote
>
>> >You have been trolled, hope that helps, have a nice day, heheheheheheh!

>> Once again, what is a "troll?" I thought it was a noun and you're
>> using it as a verb. You obviously don't mean fairy tale trolls.

>A troll is someone who plays stupid. I've guessing trolled
>means that someone (shelley) played stupid with me.

You couldn't be more wrong if you were standing in a vat of Liquid
Wrong with Extra Calcium and Lemon-Fresh Scent. A "troll" is someone
who vigorously and vehemently "corrects" someone who has posted
something that most everyone else recognizes as obvious nonsense.

Speaking of which, I suggest that you check your facts next time
before posting nonsense to the Usernet. I know I always do.

Kevin S. Wilson

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:35:39 -0700, Dave Bell
> wrote:

>On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, Otto Bahn wrote:
>
>> "Chris McGonnell" > wrote

>> > Once again, what is a "troll?" I thought it was a noun and you're
>> > using it as a verb. You obviously don't mean fairy tale trolls.

>> A troll is someone who plays stupid. I've guessing trolled
>> means that someone (shelley) played stupid with me.
>>
>> --oTTo--

>Troll in this context is more related to fishing:
>
>Motoring along quietly, trailing a baited hook, to see who bites.
>
>In this case, asking stupid-newbie questions. In others, offerring
>opinions extremely out of the norm for the newsgroup, like asking for
>recipes for wokking a cat, in a cat-lovers' group...

As long as you're 'splaining things around here, I have a question for
you:

Is there a name for people who use "wok" as a verb?

I think there is such a word, but I can't quite remember what it is.
If I remember correctly, though, it rhymes with "idiot."

AlleyGator

Kevin S. Wilson > wrote:

>Oh, come on. Why would anyone do something like that?
>
>(I'm beginning to wonder who the truly clueless one is here.)

And you, sir, are yet another troll.

--
The Doc says my brain waves closely match those of a crazed ferret.
At least now I have an excuse.
Otto Bahn

"Dave Bell" > wrote

> > > Once again, what is a "troll?" I thought it was a noun and you're
> > > using it as a verb. You obviously don't mean fairy tale trolls.

> > A troll is someone who plays stupid. I've guessing trolled
> > means that someone (shelley) played stupid with me.
> >
> > --oTTo--

> Troll in this context is more related to fishing:
>
> Motoring along quietly, trailing a baited hook, to see who bites.
>
> In this case, asking stupid-newbie questions. In others, offerring
> opinions extremely out of the norm for the newsgroup, like asking for
> recipes for wokking a cat, in a cat-lovers' group...

I'd think it'd wok just like chicken.

--oTTo--

Marc Goodman

Otto Bahn wrote:
> "Dave Bell" > wrote
>>In this case, asking stupid-newbie questions. In others, offerring
>>opinions extremely out of the norm for the newsgroup, like asking for
>>recipes for wokking a cat, in a cat-lovers' group...

> I'd think it'd wok just like chicken.

I think cat would be a red meat, like dolphin or monkey,
not a white meat like bunny or aligator.

Otto Bahn

"AlleyGator" > wrote

> >Oh, come on. Why would anyone do something like that?
> >
> >(I'm beginning to wonder who the truly clueless one is here.)

> And you, sir, are yet another troll.

I'm not very good at this troll thing. We should just
make a list so I can put them all in my kill folder.

--oTTo--

Otto Bahn

"Marc Goodman" > wrote

> >>In this case, asking stupid-newbie questions. In others, offerring
> >>opinions extremely out of the norm for the newsgroup, like asking for
> >>recipes for wokking a cat, in a cat-lovers' group...

> > I'd think it'd wok just like chicken.

> I think cat would be a red meat, like dolphin or monkey,
> not a white meat like bunny or aligator.

It thought it was a chicken substitute in East Asia...?
Either way, that's a horrible thing to do a domesticated
aminal.

--oTTo--

"What's the matter, cat gut your tongue?"

Kevin S. Wilson

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 17:56:50 -0400, "Otto Bahn"
> wrote:

>"Dave Bell" > wrote

>> > A troll is someone who plays stupid. I've guessing trolled
>> > means that someone (shelley) played stupid with me.
>> >
>> > --oTTo--

>> Troll in this context is more related to fishing:
>>
>> Motoring along quietly, trailing a baited hook, to see who bites.
>>
>> In this case, asking stupid-newbie questions. In others, offerring
>> opinions extremely out of the norm for the newsgroup, like asking for
>> recipes for wokking a cat, in a cat-lovers' group...

>I'd think it'd wok just like chicken.

Well, you know what they say in sci.physics: "If it woks like a
chicken, and it toks like a chicken . . . ."

You know the rest. And you know what you have to do now, cowboy. (1)

(1) Why doesn't anyone ever ask me about this allusion? Too easy? Too
hard?

sarah bennett

Otto Bahn wrote:
> "Marc Goodman" > wrote

>>>I'd think it'd wok just like chicken.

>>I think cat would be a red meat, like dolphin or monkey,
>>not a white meat like bunny or aligator.

> It thought it was a chicken substitute in East Asia...?
> Either way, that's a horrible thing to do a domesticated
> aminal.

You mean, like a cow, or a goat?

--

saerah

"It's not a gimmick, it's an incentive."- asterbark, afca

aware of the manifold possibilities of the future

"I think there's a clause in the Shaman's and Jujumen's Local #57 Union
contract that they have to have reciprocity for each other's shop rules."
-König Prüß

Rose Marie Holt

In article >,
Kevin S. Wilson > wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:35:39 -0700, Dave Bell
> > wrote:
>

> Is there a name for people who use "wok" as a verb?
>
> I think there is such a word, but I can't quite remember what it is.
> If I remember correctly, though, it rhymes with "idiot."

Wok macht fry.

So there Tim Chim
Chris Lansdell

Otto Bahn held her like they did by the lake on Naboo, while posting
to this Interweb chatroom:

> "AlleyGator" > wrote
>
>>> Oh, come on. Why would anyone do something like that?
>>>
>>> (I'm beginning to wonder who the truly clueless one is here.)

>> And you, sir, are yet another troll.

> I'm not very good at this troll thing. We should just
> make a list so I can put them all in my kill folder.

That sounds dangerous? How do I work it? I wouldn't want to accidentally put
someone in a kill folder and risk hurting them. What does it do?

--
Convention says my name, along with a witticism or poignant quote, should go
here.

Nick

Otto Bahn wrote:

> "Chris McGonnell" > wrote
>
>>> You have been trolled, hope that helps, have a nice day,
>>> heheheheheheh!

>> Once again, what is a "troll?" I thought it was a noun and you're
>> using it as a verb. You obviously don't mean fairy tale trolls.

> A troll is someone who plays stupid. I've guessing trolled
> means that someone (shelley) played stupid with me.

Is that supposed to be trolling?
Does no one take pride in their work anymore?
This is to good trolling what Sandra Lee is to home cooking.
TMG

Rose Marie Holt wrote:

> Wok macht fry.

You'd better be talking Freedom Fries there Doktor.

Mmmmmm, freedom......gahhhaaa.
Otto Bahn

"sarah bennett" > wrote

> >>I think cat would be a red meat, like dolphin or monkey,
> >>not a white meat like bunny or aligator.

> > It thought it was a chicken substitute in East Asia...?
> > Either way, that's a horrible thing to do a domesticated
> > aminal.

> You mean, like a cow, or a goat?

Well, some people may let a goat in their house,
but I still don't consider it fully domesticated.

--oTTo--

Otto Bahn

"Nick" > wrote in message ...
> Otto Bahn wrote:
>
> > "Chris McGonnell" > wrote

> >> Once again, what is a "troll?" I thought it was a noun and you're
> >> using it as a verb. You obviously don't mean fairy tale trolls.

> > A troll is someone who plays stupid. I've guessing trolled
> > means that someone (shelley) played stupid with me.

> Is that supposed to be trolling?

Beats me. Apparently I wouldn't recognize a troll
if he ate my darn goat.

> Does no one take pride in their work anymore?

I do.

> This is to good trolling what Sandra Lee is to home cooking.

I'm not sure what that sentence means, but I think
you are comparing the recent trolling to frozen pie
or something. That concerns me, because I like pie,
frozen or not (troll-away: cook the frozen ones
first, dumarse).

--oTTo--

Otto Bahn

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote

> >> Troll in this context is more related to fishing:
> >>
> >> Motoring along quietly, trailing a baited hook, to see who bites.
> >>
> >> In this case, asking stupid-newbie questions. In others, offerring
> >> opinions extremely out of the norm for the newsgroup, like asking for
> >> recipes for wokking a cat, in a cat-lovers' group...

> >I'd think it'd wok just like chicken.

> Well, you know what they say in sci.physics: "If it woks like a
> chicken, and it toks like a chicken . . . ."

ROTF-LOL!

> You know the rest. And you know what you have to do now, cowboy. (1)
>
> (1) Why doesn't anyone ever ask me about this allusion? Too easy? Too
> hard?

Too "I never heard it from you before".

--oTTo--

Otto Bahn

"Chris Lansdell" > wrote

> >> And you, sir, are yet another troll.

> > I'm not very good at this troll thing. We should just
> > make a list so I can put them all in my kill folder.
> >

> That sounds dangerous? How do I work it? I wouldn't want to accidentally put
> someone in a kill folder and risk hurting them. What does it do?

Oh, it's perfectly safe -- in fact it is *safer*.
I put the mean people (and now trolls) in there
and my news server stops accepting their posts.
If more people did this, the trolls would only
beable to troll themselves!

--oTTo--

Nick

Otto Bahn wrote:

> "Nick" > wrote in message
>> Otto Bahn wrote:
>>
>>> "Chris McGonnell" > wrote

>>> A troll is someone who plays stupid. I've guessing trolled
>>> means that someone (shelley) played stupid with me.

>> Is that supposed to be trolling?

> Beats me. Apparently I wouldn't recognize a troll
> if he ate my darn goat.
>
>> Does no one take pride in their work anymore?

> I do.
>
>> This is to good trolling what Sandra Lee is to home cooking.

> I'm not sure what that sentence means, but I think
> you are comparing the recent trolling to frozen pie
> or something. That concerns me, because I like pie,
> frozen or not (troll-away: cook the frozen ones
> first, dumarse).

I was comparing the quality of the trolling to the quality of Sandra
Lee's (semi-homemade) cooking. (Perhaps you thought I meant Sarah
Lee?)
Rose Marie Holt

In article >,
Nick > wrote:

> I was comparing the quality of the trolling to the quality of Sandra
> Lee's (semi-homemade) cooking. (Perhaps you thought I meant Sarah
> Lee?)

ITYM Sara Lee. There are more?

I like pie.

Shaun aRe

"Otto Bahn" > wrote in message
> "Shaun aRe" > wrote

> > > She might just be new at the usenet, but maybe
> > > I do have some egg on my head. She sent me an
> > > email that just said "YHBT. HTH. HAND." What
> > > the hell is that all about?

> > You have been trolled, hope that helps, have a nice day, heheheheheheh!

> You're only three days out of the loop.

Yeah well, I don't read and post weekends - gimme a break! ',;~}~

> The not
> so funny part is that she gave me a virus that
> made outlook send porn to everyone in my address
> book. I do nut like these mean trolls.

Sorry but LMFAO! OMG, that indeed IS mean, but still funny from safely over
here...

> Are there any *nice* trolls?

I know a few.

Shaun aRe

Shaun aRe

"Chris McGonnell" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 16:38:28 +0100, Shaun aRe wrote:
>

> >"Otto Bahn" > wrote in message
> >> "AlleyGator" > wrote

> >> She might just be new at the usenet, but maybe
> >> I do have some egg on my head. She sent me an
> >> email that just said "YHBT. HTH. HAND." What
> >> the hell is that all about?
> >>
> >> --oTTo--

> >You have been trolled, hope that helps, have a nice day, heheheheheheh!

> Once again, what is a "troll?" I thought it was a noun and you're
> using it as a verb. You obviously don't mean fairy tale trolls.

If you Google Usenet Troll or similar, should turn up a full explanation,
but basically, it is the name given to a poster who posts solely for the
purpose of stirring people up, causing trouble, getting as much attention/as
many replies as possible, negative or positive, or just taking people in
hook line and sinker with made up bullshit. You have been 'trolled' when
you've fallen for any of it.

Hope that helps!

Shaun aRe

Shaun aRe

"Otto Bahn" > wrote in message
> "Marc Goodman" > wrote

> > > I'd think it'd wok just like chicken.

> > I think cat would be a red meat, like dolphin or monkey,
> > not a white meat like bunny or aligator.

> It thought it was a chicken substitute in East Asia...?
> Either way, that's a horrible thing to do a domesticated
> aminal.

I think you are supposed to throw them out of the house for a while until
they go wild, then eat them.

Shaun aRe

Shaun aRe

"Rose Marie Holt" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Nick > wrote:
>

> > I was comparing the quality of the trolling to the quality of Sandra
> > Lee's (semi-homemade) cooking. (Perhaps you thought I meant Sarah
> > Lee?)

> ITYM Sara Lee. There are more?
>
> I like pie.

Stick around r.f.c. for a while, look for posts by 'Ubiquitous', or just
google Sandra Lee Semi Homemade - the woman is crazy and thinks she is
cooking, by adding packet A to box B and shaking it around some. Etc.

Shaun aRe

Shaun aRe

"AlleyGator" > wrote in message
> Kevin S. Wilson > wrote:
>
> >Oh, come on. Why would anyone do something like that?
> >
> >(I'm beginning to wonder who the truly clueless one is here.)

> And you, sir, are yet another troll.

Bingo AG ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

Shaun aRe

"Otto Bahn" > wrote in message
> "AlleyGator" > wrote
>
> > >Oh, come on. Why would anyone do something like that?
> > >
> > >(I'm beginning to wonder who the truly clueless one is here.)

> > And you, sir, are yet another troll.

> I'm not very good at this troll thing. We should just
> make a list so I can put them all in my kill folder.

LMAO! Yeah, you'd think that would work eh? ',;~}~

Shaun aRe - They just change their details after a short while to get around
KF's.

Shaun aRe

"shelly" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 15:47:34 -0400, "limey" > wrote:
>
> >I think you're a troll.

> that's not very nice.

Indeed being a troll never is.

Shaun aRe

Nick

Shaun aRe wrote:

> "Rose Marie Holt" > wrote in message
>> In article >,
>> Nick > wrote:
>>

>>> I was comparing the quality of the trolling to the quality of Sandra
>>> Lee's (semi-homemade) cooking. (Perhaps you thought I meant Sarah
>>> Lee?)

>> ITYM Sara Lee. There are more?
>>
>> I like pie.

> Stick around r.f.c. for a while, look for posts by 'Ubiquitous', or just
> google Sandra Lee Semi Homemade - the woman is crazy and thinks she is
> cooking, by adding packet A to box B and shaking it around some. Etc.

And oh does she shake it around.
Nick

Shaun aRe wrote:
> "Chris McGonnell" > wrote in message

>>> You have been trolled, hope that helps, have a nice day,
>>> heheheheheheh!

>> Once again, what is a "troll?" I thought it was a noun and you're
>> using it as a verb. You obviously don't mean fairy tale trolls.

> If you Google Usenet Troll or similar, should turn up a full
> explanation, but basically, it is the name given to a poster who
> posts solely for the purpose of stirring people up, causing trouble,
> getting as much attention/as many replies as possible, negative or
> positive, or just taking people in hook line and sinker with made up
> bullshit. You have been 'trolled' when you've fallen for any of it.
>
> Hope that helps!

I just came to this group yesterday but from what I have seen in my short
time here I can give you a concrete example of a troll: Sheldon.
cathyxyz

Nick wrote:

> I just came to this group yesterday but from what I have seen in my short
> time here I can give you a concrete example of a troll: Sheldon.

Oops! Now you've done it.... hope you have a bullet-proof newsreader
Cathy

I just keep finding these old recipes Kalmia General Cooking 0 16-12-2013 04:14 PM
Finding Old Recipes jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 10 21-07-2011 04:56 AM
Finding a cause. Roy Boy Winemaking 0 27-11-2005 01:44 AM
Finding Recipes Otto Bahn General Cooking 240 30-06-2005 05:52 PM