SWK

Default pastry brushes

Hey, Does anyone have a really good pastry brush they use that doesn't
shed? I go through them so quickly. I'd rather find some that do not
lose the hairs so quickly
qahtan

You can always put a little glue along where the bristles join the handle,
after all one never puts the whole head into the "painting" solution what
ever it is. qahtan

"SWK" > wrote in message
m...
> Hey, Does anyone have a really good pastry brush they use that doesn't
> shed? I go through them so quickly. I'd rather find some that do not
> lose the hairs so quickly

Shirley Ward

I was desperate one day when making Baklava and could not find my usual
pastry brush. I grabbed a new foam brush off the work bench, and it really
worked better spreading the melted butter on the dry sheets of phyllo dough
than the bristle brush I usually use.

Haven't tried it for anything else, but will do so soon.

Shirley in Oregon.

Vox Humana

"SWK" > wrote in message
m...
> Does anyone have a good pastry brush that they use? All the ones I've
> used lose their bristles even though I hand wash them. I hate picking
> them out of cakes! Help

I was at Sur La Table last weekend and they had some silicone brushes
(basting and pastry) on a table where you could try them. While they looked
a bit odd, they worked well. Since they are silicone, they are heat
resistant, sanitary, and the bristles won't fall out. Their website only
shows the basting brush, but you can get a look at the pastry brushes in the
link listed below. I have an expensive Rosle pastry brush, and while it is
nice, I think the silicone brushes are the way to go. My Rosle brush
doesn't shed, but It doesn't look too good and if you dip it into very hot
liquids it will melt, trust me!
http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=...arch+Froogl e

Vox Humana

Oil pastry Tim w General Cooking 6 11-05-2015 05:48 AM
Do you wash brushes, wire mesh, etc. in machine diswahsher? Manda Ruby General Cooking 11 11-12-2009 01:07 AM
Brushes for Cooking Blinky the Shark General Cooking 14 04-04-2008 07:55 PM
silicone brushes readandpostrosie General Cooking 15 17-04-2006 04:34 PM
Basting brushes JaKe Barbecue 7 03-07-2004 04:53 PM