Ted Harvard

Default Cakes are EVIL, the DEVIL created them !

Cakes are EVIL, they're the work of the devil, made to collect your
souls and to turn you into brainless slaves of hell.

If you like cakes, you will lose your soul to be damned
for eternal torment in hell.Demons and devils will feast on your soul
for all eternity.

So stop supporting this evil now to save your soul.

Or the holy inquisition will come for you and burn your flesh to save
your soul, because the devil must not collect more souls or nobody can
prevent Armageddon.

Cakes are evil, baking cakes is BLASPHEMY , only heretics and
witches like cakes.And heretics and witches shall BURN !
Pennyaline

"Ted Harvard" quipped:
> If you like cakes, you will lose your soul to be damned
> for eternal torment in hell.Demons and devils will feast on your soul
> for all eternity.

Well no shit, Sherlock!

<live dangerously, dammit!>

Denise

Speaking of which, what is the difference between chocolate cake and Devil's
Food cake?

--

Denise

"Pennyaline" > wrote in
message ...
> "Ted Harvard" quipped:
> > If you like cakes, you will lose your soul to be damned
> > for eternal torment in hell.Demons and devils will feast on your soul
> > for all eternity.

> Well no shit, Sherlock!
>
> <live dangerously, dammit!>

Vox Humana

"Ted Harvard" > wrote in message
om...
> Cakes are EVIL, they're the work of the devil, made to collect your
> souls and to turn you into brainless slaves of hell.
>
> If you like cakes, you will lose your soul to be damned
> for eternal torment in hell.Demons and devils will feast on your soul
> for all eternity.
>
> So stop supporting this evil now to save your soul.
>
> Or the holy inquisition will come for you and burn your flesh to save
> your soul, because the devil must not collect more souls or nobody can
> prevent Armageddon.
>
> Cakes are evil, baking cakes is BLASPHEMY , only heretics and
> witches like cakes.And heretics and witches shall BURN !

Have you approached the RNC. I'm sure that there is a political office you
could fill in the Bible Belt. Rick Santorum can't live forever.

Cadie

I dont' know the "scientific" difference :-) But to me, a chocolate
cake is more moist and flavorful, whereas Devil's food is kinda dry
and slightly bland. But those are just my taste buds speaking.

"Denise" > wrote in message
> Speaking of which, what is the difference between chocolate cake and

Devil's
> Food cake?
>
> --
>

> Denise
>

> "Pennyaline" > wrote

in
> message ...
> > "Ted Harvard" quipped:
> > > If you like cakes, you will lose your soul to be damned
> > > for eternal torment in hell.Demons and devils will feast on your

soul
> > > for all eternity.

> > Well no shit, Sherlock!
> >
> > <live dangerously, dammit!>

Darrell Grainger

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Denise wrote:

> Speaking of which, what is the difference between chocolate cake and Devil's
> Food cake?

I've never thought about this before but I'd hazard the guess that it is
the ratio of butter:flour:sugar, by weight. A devil's food cake tends to
have more sugar. A ratio of 1:1:2 for a devil's food cake. A typical
chocolate layer cake would have closer to a 1:1:1 ratio.

Hmm, now you have me wondering.

Don't send e-mail to
Vox Humana

"Darrell Grainger" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Denise wrote:
>
> > Speaking of which, what is the difference between chocolate cake and

Devil's
> > Food cake?

> I've never thought about this before but I'd hazard the guess that it is
> the ratio of butter:flour:sugar, by weight. A devil's food cake tends to
> have more sugar. A ratio of 1:1:2 for a devil's food cake. A typical
> chocolate layer cake would have closer to a 1:1:1 ratio.
>
> Hmm, now you have me wondering.

It thought it was the pH of the batter, which results in a difference in
color between the two.

Darrell Grainger

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Vox Humana wrote:

> "Darrell Grainger" > wrote in message
> > On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Denise wrote:
> >
> > > Speaking of which, what is the difference between chocolate cake and
> > > Devil's Food cake?

> > I've never thought about this before but I'd hazard the guess that it is
> > the ratio of butter:flour:sugar, by weight. A devil's food cake tends to
> > have more sugar. A ratio of 1:1:2 for a devil's food cake. A typical
> > chocolate layer cake would have closer to a 1:1:1 ratio.
> >
> > Hmm, now you have me wondering.

> It thought it was the pH of the batter, which results in a difference in
> color between the two.

Did some research on the web. Here is what I found...

There is no common answer. Some people claim that Devil's Food cake has a
high cocoa and fat contents, making it more sinful. Others claim it is the
devilishly red hue caused by a reaction between the cocoa and baking soda.
Other sources claim it is due to the high cocoa content that gives the
black, rich colour associated with "black as the devil."

I think the favourite site I found was the Morris County Library at
http://www.gti.net/mocolib1/kid/foodcakes.html. It talks a lot about the
history of cakes and actually has the question "What is the difference
between chocolate cake and devil's food?"

Don't send e-mail to
Roy Basan

Default f

(Alex Rast) wrote in message >...
> at Thu, 24 Jun 2004 05:41:26 GMT in
> >,

> (Roy Basan) wrote :
>
> (Alex Rast) wrote in message
> >.. .
> >> at Wed, 23 Jun 2004 01:41:56 GMT in

> >> Technically, a Devil's Food cake is made with natural-process (i.e.
> >> non- Dutch) cocoa....

> >But if using a natural cocoa you have to use more baking soda in order
> >to attain the desired reddish crumb colour of the baked cake(
> >alkaline batter) to qualify it as a devils food cake.
> >You can also use a dutched cocoa and add no (or less )soda at all but
> >use more baking powder instead as the dutch cocoa alkalinity will
> >already provide the desired reddish tinge on the cake crumb.
> >

> Isn't it the reverse? Natural-process cocoa is the one that's red from the
> outset. Dutch cocoa straight from the can or bag is a greyish-brown, and
> once it's had liquid added becomes almost black in colour - hence the
> signature black and white of Oreos which are made with Dutch cocoa.
>
> However, it is true to say that with a natural-process cocoa you should
> lean your leavening agents towards baking soda as it is indeed considerably
> more acid.

It is just contrary to my past experience. I have used so many kinds
of cocoa powder in industrial baking, prepared cake mix formulation.
and confectionery cooking.
If I compare side by side the cocoa from one variety of bean that is
both roasted to the same degree but of different level of dutching
process I noticed that as the higher alkalinity level the cocoa tends
to be come more reddish in colour. In the opposite , if the cocoa is
more acid it ends to be deeper brown than red..
Whenver I inquiere to my supplier and cocoa manufacturer they always
send me the dutched item if I want a deeper red colored cocoa powder.
and if I want a more brownish colour they send me the natural grade.
But they always send me sample shipment that can be a collection of
cocoas with different colour and pH rating. And I have to find the one
that match my requirements.
IF I look at the product specification I can confirm that its either
natural or dutched by the declared pH reading of such cocoa powder.
Roy
Larry Smith

Brian Seeger wrote:
> (Ted Harvard) wrote:
>

>>Cakes are EVIL, they're the work of the devil,

> Ted...see your medical professional very soon...before your cake falls in the
> oven.

I think his cake fell a long time ago...

--
..-. .-. .---. .---. .-..-.|Experts in Linux/Unix:
www.WildOpenSource.com
| |__ / | \| |-< | |-< > / |"Making the bazaar more commonplace"
`----'`-^-'`-'`-'`-'`-' `-' |Check out my new novel: "Cloud Realm" at:
home:www.smith-house.org:8000|http://www.smith-house.org:8000/books/list.html

michael

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:32:13 -0700, Ted Harvard wrote:

> Cakes are EVIL, they're the work of the devil, made to collect your
> souls and to turn you into brainless slaves of hell.
>
> If you like cakes, you will lose your soul to be damned
> for eternal torment in hell.Demons and devils will feast on your soul
> for all eternity.
>
> So stop supporting this evil now to save your soul.
>
> Or the holy inquisition will come for you and burn your flesh to save
> your soul, because the devil must not collect more souls or nobody can
> prevent Armageddon.
>
> Cakes are evil, baking cakes is BLASPHEMY , only heretics and
> witches like cakes.And heretics and witches shall BURN !

Better caked than trolled!!

michael

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:32:13 -0700, Ted Harvard wrote:

> Cakes are EVIL, they're the work of the devil, made to collect your
> souls and to turn you into brainless slaves of hell.
>
> If you like cakes, you will lose your soul to be damned
> for eternal torment in hell.Demons and devils will feast on your soul
> for all eternity.
>
> So stop supporting this evil now to save your soul.
>
> Or the holy inquisition will come for you and burn your flesh to save
> your soul, because the devil must not collect more souls or nobody can
> prevent Armageddon.
>
> Cakes are evil, baking cakes is BLASPHEMY , only heretics and
> witches like cakes.And heretics and witches shall BURN !

Better caked than trolled!!

Gloria G Cook

michael wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:32:13 -0700, Ted Harvard wrote:
>

>>Cakes are EVIL, they're the work of the devil, made to collect your
>>souls and to turn you into brainless slaves of hell.
>>
>>If you like cakes, you will lose your soul to be damned
>>for eternal torment in hell.Demons and devils will feast on your soul
>>for all eternity.
>>
>>So stop supporting this evil now to save your soul.
>>
>>Or the holy inquisition will come for you and burn your flesh to save
>>your soul, because the devil must not collect more souls or nobody can
>>prevent Armageddon.
>>
>>Cakes are evil, baking cakes is BLASPHEMY , only heretics and
>>witches like cakes.And heretics and witches shall BURN !

> Better caked than trolled!!

You must be on that stupid low carb/no carb diet.

G Cook, RD
Gloria G Cook

michael wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:32:13 -0700, Ted Harvard wrote:
>

>>Cakes are EVIL, they're the work of the devil, made to collect your
>>souls and to turn you into brainless slaves of hell.
>>
>>If you like cakes, you will lose your soul to be damned
>>for eternal torment in hell.Demons and devils will feast on your soul
>>for all eternity.
>>
>>So stop supporting this evil now to save your soul.
>>
>>Or the holy inquisition will come for you and burn your flesh to save
>>your soul, because the devil must not collect more souls or nobody can
>>prevent Armageddon.
>>
>>Cakes are evil, baking cakes is BLASPHEMY , only heretics and
>>witches like cakes.And heretics and witches shall BURN !

> Better caked than trolled!!

You must be on that stupid low carb/no carb diet.

G Cook, RD
graham

"Gloria G Cook" > wrote in message
> michael wrote:
>

> You must be on that stupid low carb/no carb diet.
>
> G Cook, RD

It is said that god created Angel Food Cake, a light, relatively low calory
and healthy repast. Then satan added chocolate to it and made it the richer
Devil's Food Cake and man got fatter and fatter<g>
Graham

graham

"Gloria G Cook" > wrote in message
> michael wrote:
>

> You must be on that stupid low carb/no carb diet.
>
> G Cook, RD

It is said that god created Angel Food Cake, a light, relatively low calory
and healthy repast. Then satan added chocolate to it and made it the richer
Devil's Food Cake and man got fatter and fatter<g>
Graham

Roy Basan

"graham" > wrote in message news:<U8aZc.289632$gE.56378@pd7tw3no>...
> "Gloria G Cook" > wrote in message
> > michael wrote:
> >

> > You must be on that stupid low carb/no carb diet.
> >
> > G Cook, RD

> It is said that god created Angel Food Cake, a light, relatively low calory
> and healthy repast. > Graham

Figuratively speaking it can be true; the angel cake is light( batter
specific gravity is 0.3),it is the gift from the heavens<g> while the
devils food is heavy ,batter gravity usually approaches 1.0 ....a gift
from Hades<g>.
>Then satan added chocolate to it and made it the richer
> Devil's Food Cake and man got fatter and fatter<g>

And there is a grain of truth in that as well..... the calorific
content of the devils food should higher than the angel food due to
the presence of fat in the former (and its bulkiness) which is absent
in the latter.Therefore slice for slice basis of the same volume
there is more calories in the devils food than in the angel food cake.
Roy
Roy Basan

"graham" > wrote in message news:<U8aZc.289632$gE.56378@pd7tw3no>...
> "Gloria G Cook" > wrote in message
> > michael wrote:
> >

> > You must be on that stupid low carb/no carb diet.
> >
> > G Cook, RD

> It is said that god created Angel Food Cake, a light, relatively low calory
> and healthy repast. > Graham

Figuratively speaking it can be true; the angel cake is light( batter
specific gravity is 0.3),it is the gift from the heavens<g> while the
devils food is heavy ,batter gravity usually approaches 1.0 ....a gift
from Hades<g>.
>Then satan added chocolate to it and made it the richer
> Devil's Food Cake and man got fatter and fatter<g>

And there is a grain of truth in that as well..... the calorific
content of the devils food should higher than the angel food due to
the presence of fat in the former (and its bulkiness) which is absent
in the latter.Therefore slice for slice basis of the same volume
there is more calories in the devils food than in the angel food cake.
Roy
Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady

NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 19:13:30 GMT, "RunningWolf"
> wrote:

>This is a joke Right?? If not I must be going to hell, lol!

Probably, but you'll be in very good company!

--
Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
<davidac AT jdc DOT org DOT il>