FoodBanter.com

-   -   Sloping bread (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/61790-re-sloping-bread.html)

Vox Humana 22-05-2005 12:42 AM

Sloping bread

"Ingrid" > wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I wonder if anyone can solve a problem for me please? We use a Panasonic
> breadmaker (SD253 model) and it has baked beautiful loafs. Just recently,
> the loaves are sloped - higher on the left than on the right, and always

in
> this manner. 1 out of 4 loaves is fine, but the other 3 are sloped. I have
> asked Panasonic what the problem is - they suggested a service of the
> machine. we did this and it made no difference. The chap who serviced our
> machine suggested I add 10 - 20mls more water. I did that, and it made no
> significant difference either. I also don't want a soggy sticky loaf, so
> this is now down to guesswork and hoping like crazy it will work! Any
> suggestions please?

That happens to me when I bake in my small convection oven and the item is
too large to allow the turntable to spin. The side towards the heat sets
faster and is shorter. Maybe you bread machine has a intermittent problem
with a heating element and one side of the pan in hotter.

[email protected] 22-05-2005 03:52 PM

Check if your machine is level .
Check if the removable pan is level.

The mixing and kneading cycle may be pushing more dough to one side or
end of the pan.

If your machine has the option, stop the cycle after the mixing and
kneading , dump the dough out and knead a little by hand, put the dough
back in and complete the baking cycle.