All

Default bread and patties

Hi
Two questions.
First I've just gone back to making bread, I used to have some info' about
freezing dough but can't find it.
At what stage can you freeze dough. Basically my kids like fresh bread and I
want the minimum time cook it in the morning. No I don't have and would
prefer not to have a bread maker...Got enough gadgets.
Second we make Jamacan Patties, sometimes, but unlike the real ones they end
up very dry in the pastry. What can I do to change this?
Any help appreciated.
B Bear

Vox Humana

"All" > wrote in message
> Hi
> Two questions.
> First I've just gone back to making bread, I used to have some info' about
> freezing dough but can't find it.
> At what stage can you freeze dough. Basically my kids like fresh bread and

> want the minimum time cook it in the morning. No I don't have and would
> prefer not to have a bread maker...Got enough gadgets.
> Second we make Jamacan Patties, sometimes, but unlike the real ones they

end
> up very dry in the pastry. What can I do to change this?
> Any help appreciated.
> B Bear

You can pretty much adapt bread making to your schedule. The bread can be
put in the freezer after mixing, after the first rise, or after it has been
made up and given a final rise. You may consider just putting it in the
refrigerator and letting it rise. It should keep for a week or so depending
on what's in the dough. Looking at recipes for Jamaican Patties, it looks
like a meatloaf mix. You can increase the moistness by increasing the fat
(use meat with more fat), you can add oil (like olive oil), and you can
increase the binder and liquid. I think that increasing the liquid could be
a problem though because it could made the pastry soggy.

Henry!

Minimum Time cook = part baked bread.
Bake your bread just half the time, and then freeze it.
Put it in the oven to end the baking, and you have a fresh bread in no time.
For a 280g fresh baguette, count about 15 minutes at 200°c.
That's how many 'bakeries' make their 'real french baguette'.
--
Henry!
Q. Why do some bands even have bass players?

"All" > a écrit dans le message de news:
> Hi
> Two questions.
> First I've just gone back to making bread, I used to have some info' about
> freezing dough but can't find it.
> At what stage can you freeze dough. Basically my kids like fresh bread and

> want the minimum time cook it in the morning. No I don't have and would
> prefer not to have a bread maker...Got enough gadgets.
> Second we make Jamacan Patties, sometimes, but unlike the real ones they

end
> up very dry in the pastry. What can I do to change this?
> Any help appreciated.
> B Bear

All

Many thanks for the feedback.
Cheers
B Bear

Zucchini patties gloria p Preserving 1 29-08-2016 09:51 PM
Salmon Patties jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 68 29-04-2013 09:01 PM
Salmon Patties 1/4/09 jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 16 26-07-2009 11:46 PM
pasties and patties Splodrod General Cooking 0 10-02-2007 07:55 PM
Beef Patties Duckie ® Recipes 0 23-08-2005 03:08 AM