Jan

Default jelly donut filling recipe?

Had a muffin the other day that had filling like a jelly donut. I want to
make these myself and wondered about how to make the filling? Strawberry,or
raspberry. Does any body have the recipe for jelly donut filling?

Matt

could have sworn it's just a jar of jam/jelly spooned in

Roy Basan

"Jan" > wrote in message >...
> Had a muffin the other day that had filling like a jelly donut. I want to
> make these myself and wondered about how to make the filling? Strawberry,or
> raspberry. Does any body have the recipe for jelly donut filling?

Do not make things difficult mate....If you cook it by yourself you
will make a mess with unpredictable result.
Keep it simple....
Just buy a strawberry jelly,raspberry etc. and soften it with fork or
if its sill lumply .... Make a syrup of 2/3 parts by weight of caster
sugar and 1/3 part water and boil.Cool it down
Add a little of the syrup to the lumpy jelly and mix until its the
required thickness and smooth( suitable for piping).
Or heat the mixture to soften it and stir well to make it
homogenous.Cool it down;Then use a pastry bag fitted with a 2-4
millimeter diameter piping tube ,fill it with the jelly /syrup mixture
and use it by pressing and injecting it into the donut.If you want
to fill a muffin be sure that your muffin has some space below the
crust where it can allow you to fill it.
Roy
Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady

NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 06:19:12 +0100, "Matt" >
wrote:

>could have sworn it's just a jar of jam/jelly spooned in

Actually, its jam/jelly that's been thinned down a bit with hot water.
That's what they use here. They put it into an icing bag and use a
long tube attachment that's angled at the open end and just fill the
donuts after they're cooked by punching a hole in the side with the
attachment and piping the filling inside.

Never did it myself, but I've seen it done that way.

--
Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
<davidac AT jdc DOT org DOT il>

White Cream Donut filling - Dunkin Donuts [email protected] Baking 9 25-10-2017 04:23 PM
White Cream Donut filling - Dunkin Donuts [email protected] Baking 0 22-03-2017 06:41 PM
White Cream Donut filling - Dunkin Donuts [email protected] Baking 0 21-02-2017 09:24 PM
Curry donut recipe? KR Asian Cooking 9 19-05-2004 05:56 AM
Lemon filling for jelly roll needed Pat Wang General Cooking 3 17-05-2004 05:43 PM