Alex Rast

Default What crust for custard tartlets?

Fairly soon I'll be making some custard tartlets for a party. They'll
simply be a firm vanilla custard inside some sort of tart shell. I've made
these before using a shortbread dough as the crust, and these were well
received, but I've been wondering if that's the best choice or not. Of the
following, which do you think would work best?

Butter-based pie dough
Sweet pastry dough - more or less a sugary pie dough
Shortbread
Puff Pastry

Thanks for your opinions.
--