FREECYCLE MOM

Default My Cooking website

http://www.peagramfamily.com/

RECIPES, FAMILY, PETS, CHRISTIAN FILES GENEALOGY Searching for Ancestors of BENJAMIN BLACKWOOD(Scotland), HELEN VICTORIA CUNNINGHAM MCGARRIE(Scotland), SAMUAL JARRET SMITH(Sheerness, UK), JOSEPH PEAGRAM(Middlesex), RUTH WIFFIN(Middlesex), WILLIAM WILLIS PICKWORTH(UK) CRAFTS
Ida Slapter

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 08:43:05 -0400, "FREECYCLE MOM" <mompeagram@h

>http://www.pea

YOU know how to turn on a kill filter!! Wow!

The Fine Art of Cooking involves personal choice.
Many preferences, ingredients, and procedures may not
be consistent with what you know to be true.
As with any recipe, you may find your personal
intervention will be necessary. Bon Appetit!
FREECYCLE MOM

What's this supposed to mean? I was just sharing my site where anyone can
find recipes for breads and lots of other things. It's not commercial in
any way.

www.peagramfamily.com

"Ida Slapter" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 08:43:05 -0400, "FREECYCLE MOM" <mompeagram@h
>
>>http://www.pea

> YOU know how to turn on a kill filter!! Wow!
>

> The Fine Art of Cooking involves personal choice.
> Many preferences, ingredients, and procedures may not
> be consistent with what you know to be true.
> As with any recipe, you may find your personal
> intervention will be necessary. Bon Appetit!

Jenn Ridley

"FREECYCLE MOM" > wrote:

>What's this supposed to mean? I was just sharing my site where anyone can
>find recipes for breads and lots of other things. It's not commercial in
>any way.
>
>www.peagramfamily.com

Ida is opposed to *anyone* posting *anything* that might _possibly_ be
interpreted as advertising. She had a snit about someone's sig (which
was inserted by the antivirus program they were posting through).

Having said that, you could have said "just sharing some recipes",
rather than just posting a website address. Simply posting a website
address can look a bit spammy, if you know what I mean.
--
Jenn Ridley :
FREECYCLE MOM

Thanks for the advice. Ida needs to get a life!

"Jenn Ridley" > wrote in message
> "FREECYCLE MOM" > wrote:
>
>>What's this supposed to mean? I was just sharing my site where anyone can
>>find recipes for breads and lots of other things. It's not commercial in
>>any way.
>>
>>www.peagramfamily.com

> Ida is opposed to *anyone* posting *anything* that might _possibly_ be
> interpreted as advertising. She had a snit about someone's sig (which
> was inserted by the antivirus program they were posting through).
>
> Having said that, you could have said "just sharing some recipes",
> rather than just posting a website address. Simply posting a website
> address can look a bit spammy, if you know what I mean.
> --
> Jenn Ridley :

Eric Jorgensen

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 13:12:56 -0400
Jenn Ridley > wrote:

> "FREECYCLE MOM" > wrote:
>
> >What's this supposed to mean? I was just sharing my site where anyone
> >can find recipes for breads and lots of other things. It's not
> >commercial in any way.
> >
> >www.peagramfamily.com

> Ida is opposed to *anyone* posting *anything* that might _possibly_ be
> interpreted as advertising. She had a snit about someone's sig (which
> was inserted by the antivirus program they were posting through).

The self-aggrandizing is kinda tacky, too.

> Having said that, you could have said "just sharing some recipes",
> rather than just posting a website address. Simply posting a website
> address can look a bit spammy, if you know what I mean.

But it's stuffing it with keywords that pushes it over the line.
Ida Slapter

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 13:12:56 -0400, Jenn Ridley
> wrote:

>Having said that, you could have said "just sharing some recipes",
>rather than just posting a website address. Simply posting a website
>address can look a bit spammy, if you know what I mean.

You haven't been around usenet much. The Peagram woman had been
stealing/borrowing recipes for many years, and pretending to post
them as her own. Go back to the old Meal Master recipes ten years
ago and even YOU can verify this.

Sharing is one thing....pretending to author them is another.

There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.
- Beverly Sills

Jenn Ridley

Ida Slapter > wrote:

(please note that I tried to reply by email, but Ms "buffalohide" is
hiding behind a non-existant yahoo account.)

>On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 13:12:56 -0400, Jenn Ridley
> wrote:
>
>>Having said that, you could have said "just sharing some recipes",
>>rather than just posting a website address. Simply posting a website
>>address can look a bit spammy, if you know what I mean.

>You haven't been around usenet much.

Depends on your definition of "much". I've been reading this group
for 7-8 years, and read r.f.c. before that.

>The Peagram woman had been
>stealing/borrowing recipes for many years, and pretending to post
>them as her own.

Matter of interpretation, I guess. I've seen her posting recipes, and
I've never seen her claim that they are *hers*. Usually it's a
"here's a recipe for:" Not exactly a claim for ownership (and I don't
care, anyway, so don't go pointing out recipes where she says "here's
my recipe for(*)"). (usually, it's not a recipe for anything I'm
interested in, so I don't actually read the recipe.)

>ago and even YOU can verify this.

Whatever. I don't think it's worth getting my knickers in a knot, but
apparently it bothers you.

(*)which could easily be interpreted as "here's the recipe I use
for:", rather than a claim of ownership.
--
Jenn Ridley :
FREECYCLE MOM

"Ida Slapter" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 13:12:56 -0400, Jenn Ridley
> > wrote:
>
>>Having said that, you could have said "just sharing some recipes",
>>rather than just posting a website address. Simply posting a website
>>address can look a bit spammy, if you know what I mean.

> You haven't been around usenet much. The Peagram woman had been
> stealing/borrowing recipes for many years, and pretending to post
> them as her own. Go back to the old Meal Master recipes ten years
> ago and even YOU can verify this.
>
> Sharing is one thing....pretending to author them is another.

I don't know where you get your information, but I don't put my name on a
recipe unless it is my recipe. I may add formatted by me on others but that
is all.

BTW, who made you lord of the files?

All I have ever tried to do was help. People like you just tear down.

FREECYCLE MOM

"FREECYCLE MOM" > wrote in message
> "Ida Slapter" > wrote in message
>> On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 13:12:56 -0400, Jenn Ridley
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>Having said that, you could have said "just sharing some recipes",
>>>rather than just posting a website address. Simply posting a website
>>>address can look a bit spammy, if you know what I mean.

>> You haven't been around usenet much. The Peagram woman had been
>> stealing/borrowing recipes for many years, and pretending to post
>> them as her own. Go back to the old Meal Master recipes ten years
>> ago and even YOU can verify this.
>>
>> Sharing is one thing....pretending to author them is another.

> I don't know where you get your information, but I don't put my name on a
> recipe unless it is my recipe. I may add formatted by me on others but
> that
> is all.
>
> BTW, who made you lord of the files?
>
> All I have ever tried to do was help. People like you just tear down.

Another thing, Ida. You may choose to not check my site, which gives credit
for every recipe I can. But then, it's your loss.

www.peagramfamily.com

Eric Jorgensen

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 21:54:21 -0400
"FREECYCLE MOM" > wrote:

> > Sharing is one thing....pretending to author them is another.

> I don't know where you get your information, but I don't put my name on a
>
> recipe unless it is my recipe. I may add formatted by me on others but
> that is all.
>
> BTW, who made you lord of the files?
>
> All I have ever tried to do was help. People like you just tear down.

I don't think anyone here - and I'm probably the harshest one here, has
ever only torn down.

RECIPES, FAMILY, PETS, CHRISTIAN FILES GENEALOGY Searching for Ancestors
of BENJAMIN BLACKWOOD(Scotland), HELEN VICTORIA CUNNINGHAM
MCGARRIE(Scotland), SAMUAL JARRET SMITH(Sheerness, UK), JOSEPH
PEAGRAM(Middlesex), RUTH WIFFIN(Middlesex), WILLIAM WILLIS PICKWORTH(UK)
CRAFTS
FREECYCLE MOM

"Eric Jorgensen" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 21:54:21 -0400
> "FREECYCLE MOM" > wrote:
>

>> > Sharing is one thing....pretending to author them is another.

>> I don't know where you get your information, but I don't put my name on a
>>
>> recipe unless it is my recipe. I may add formatted by me on others but
>> that is all.
>>
>> BTW, who made you lord of the files?
>>
>> All I have ever tried to do was help. People like you just tear down.

> I don't think anyone here - and I'm probably the harshest one here, has
> ever only torn down.
>
> RECIPES, FAMILY, PETS, CHRISTIAN FILES GENEALOGY Searching for Ancestors
> of BENJAMIN BLACKWOOD(Scotland), HELEN VICTORIA CUNNINGHAM
> MCGARRIE(Scotland), SAMUAL JARRET SMITH(Sheerness, UK), JOSEPH
> PEAGRAM(Middlesex), RUTH WIFFIN(Middlesex), WILLIAM WILLIS PICKWORTH(UK)
> CRAFTS

Don't get your point, Eric.

Eric Jorgensen

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:08:21 -0400
"FREECYCLE MOM" > wrote:

> "Eric Jorgensen" > wrote in message

> >> I don't know where you get your information, but I don't put my name

> >on a >
> >> recipe unless it is my recipe. I may add formatted by me on others

> >but > that is all.
> >>
> >> BTW, who made you lord of the files?
> >>
> >> All I have ever tried to do was help. People like you just tear down.

> > I don't think anyone here - and I'm probably the harshest one here,
> > has
> > ever only torn down.
> >
> > RECIPES, FAMILY, PETS, CHRISTIAN FILES GENEALOGY Searching for
> > Ancestors
> > of BENJAMIN BLACKWOOD(Scotland), HELEN VICTORIA CUNNINGHAM
> > MCGARRIE(Scotland), SAMUAL JARRET SMITH(Sheerness, UK), JOSEPH
> > PEAGRAM(Middlesex), RUTH WIFFIN(Middlesex), WILLIAM WILLIS
> > PICKWORTH(UK) CRAFTS

> Don't get your point, Eric.

Point is we all help people from time to time, some more than others,
but there's no sense making sweeping generalizations.

You don't need any validation from me. Do you?

RECIPES, FAMILY, PETS, CHRISTIAN FILES GENEALOGY Searching for Ancestors
of BENJAMIN BLACKWOOD(Scotland), HELEN VICTORIA CUNNINGHAM
MCGARRIE(Scotland), SAMUAL JARRET SMITH(Sheerness, UK), JOSEPH
PEAGRAM(Middlesex), RUTH WIFFIN(Middlesex), WILLIAM WILLIS PICKWORTH(UK)
CRAFTS
FREECYCLE MOM

> On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:08:21 -0400
> "FREECYCLE MOM" > wrote:
>
>> "Eric Jorgensen" > wrote in message

>> >on a >
>> >but > that is all.

>> > I don't think anyone here - and I'm probably the harshest one here,
>> > has
>> > ever only torn down.
>> >
>> > RECIPES, FAMILY, PETS, CHRISTIAN FILES GENEALOGY Searching for
>> > Ancestors
>> > of BENJAMIN BLACKWOOD(Scotland), HELEN VICTORIA CUNNINGHAM
>> > MCGARRIE(Scotland), SAMUAL JARRET SMITH(Sheerness, UK), JOSEPH
>> > PEAGRAM(Middlesex), RUTH WIFFIN(Middlesex), WILLIAM WILLIS
>> > PICKWORTH(UK) CRAFTS

>> Don't get your point, Eric.

> Point is we all help people from time to time, some more than others,
> but there's no sense making sweeping generalizations.
>
> You don't need any validation from me. Do you?

True to a degree. But I don't think my statement was a generalization in
regards to what Ida said about me. It just wasn't true. I admit that like
most folks I can be harsh at times, but usually it takes a lot to get me
that way. I prefer to just let most things go, but she was assaulting my
character and that's something else entirely.

At any rate. I'v put it behind me. Small minds, etc.