FoodBanter.com

-   -   How Beneficial? (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/59072-how-beneficial.html)

LDR 14-04-2005 03:58 PM

How Beneficial?

....is milling my own oats, flour, etc. I'm not especially concerned
about the cost because I think flour, breakfast oatmeal are among the
best food bargains we have, but I do wonder if there is any organic,
health reasons that would make it worth while to buy the attachment for
my mixer and spend the time using it. TIA

Eric Jorgensen 14-04-2005 05:13 PM

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:58:15 GMT
LDR > wrote:

> ...is milling my own oats, flour, etc. I'm not especially concerned
> about the cost because I think flour, breakfast oatmeal are among the
> best food bargains we have, but I do wonder if there is any organic,
> health reasons that would make it worth while to buy the attachment for
> my mixer and spend the time using it. TIA

Make sure the attachment is the real deal - many mixer attachments are
more of a seed crusher than a grain grinder and produce more of a meal than
a flour.

Eric Jorgensen 14-04-2005 05:13 PM