FREECYCLE MOM

"Roger" > wrote in message
>I mix my bread (up to 6-8 loaves at a time) in my Universal Bread
>Pail. It never stalls, never breaks, works like a champ, and you
>don't even have to plug it in. They ususally cost only about $20 on
>Ebay to boot (make sure you get the clamp!). Sometimes old technology
>has its place.

Do these have a brand name? I did a google search for "Universal
Bread Pail" and came up with nothing.

FREECYCLE MOM

"Roger" > wrote in message
>I mix my bread (up to 6-8 loaves at a time) in my Universal Bread
>Pail. It never stalls, never breaks, works like a champ, and you
>don't even have to plug it in. They ususally cost only about $20 on
>Ebay to boot (make sure you get the clamp!). Sometimes old technology
>has its place.

Do these have a brand name? I did a google search for "Universal
Bread Pail" and came up with nothing.

GMAN

In article therwhen.com>, A ported usenet newsgroup > wrote:
>Joschi Kley wrote:
>
>> Mike Avery wrote:
>>
>>> I have a Hobart era KitchenAid, a K45SS.

>> Does that mean, that all K45SS do incorporate the technology of Hobart
>> era KAs?
>> I bought mine (K45SS 250W 220V for Europe) a month ago as a special
>> edition called "Classic". The Motor does sound very sturdy to me - a
>> lot different from the "Ultra Power" my friends have at home, but I
>> did not yet open it to search for any nylon parts.
>>
>> Or is it just the normal modern machine with all it`s weaknesses?
>>

>Hard to say. The nylon part is, except to some people who seem to enjoy
>whinging, a non-issue. It will fail when the machine is abused, and
>since the failure point is known, the cost of repairs is minimized.
>
>ANY machine can and will fail when abused long enough and hard enough.
>My 70's vintage KA has the nylon gear. Neither the mixer nor the gear
>have failed yet.
>
>As a side note, the issues with KA's failing do not have to do with the
>wattage of the motor. When we were running a bakery we had an ancient
>Hobart which was only a 300 or 400 watt mixer. It mixed 30 quarts of
>dough with aplomb. All day long, batch after batch.
>
>The issue is, at risk of repeating myself, that Hobart mixers have
>transmissions and single speed motors. Thus, the motor is always
>running at its optimum speed. Variable speed motors, such as are used
>in most consumer products, have an inherent problem. Kneading bread
>takes lots of torque and power. But it has to be delivered at a low
>speed, since dough should be kneaded slowly. And that is where
>electrical motors are least able to deliver torque and power. Which
>causes motors to overheat and fail.
>
>Mike

What about the K5SS model, its a hobart made unit that was given to me by an
old lady in our neighborhood. How old is it (I assume 70's era) and does it
have nylon gears, and does it use a single speed motor with gears?

I also could use a manual if some kind soul could photocopy and sell me a copy
of it.

PS: this thing is mint, not even dirty or scratched at all.

GMAN

In article therwhen.com>, A ported usenet newsgroup > wrote:
>Joschi Kley wrote:
>
>> Mike Avery wrote:
>>
>>> I have a Hobart era KitchenAid, a K45SS.

>> Does that mean, that all K45SS do incorporate the technology of Hobart
>> era KAs?
>> I bought mine (K45SS 250W 220V for Europe) a month ago as a special
>> edition called "Classic". The Motor does sound very sturdy to me - a
>> lot different from the "Ultra Power" my friends have at home, but I
>> did not yet open it to search for any nylon parts.
>>
>> Or is it just the normal modern machine with all it`s weaknesses?
>>

>Hard to say. The nylon part is, except to some people who seem to enjoy
>whinging, a non-issue. It will fail when the machine is abused, and
>since the failure point is known, the cost of repairs is minimized.
>
>ANY machine can and will fail when abused long enough and hard enough.
>My 70's vintage KA has the nylon gear. Neither the mixer nor the gear
>have failed yet.
>
>As a side note, the issues with KA's failing do not have to do with the
>wattage of the motor. When we were running a bakery we had an ancient
>Hobart which was only a 300 or 400 watt mixer. It mixed 30 quarts of
>dough with aplomb. All day long, batch after batch.
>
>The issue is, at risk of repeating myself, that Hobart mixers have
>transmissions and single speed motors. Thus, the motor is always
>running at its optimum speed. Variable speed motors, such as are used
>in most consumer products, have an inherent problem. Kneading bread
>takes lots of torque and power. But it has to be delivered at a low
>speed, since dough should be kneaded slowly. And that is where
>electrical motors are least able to deliver torque and power. Which
>causes motors to overheat and fail.
>
>Mike

What about the K5SS model, its a hobart made unit that was given to me by an
old lady in our neighborhood. How old is it (I assume 70's era) and does it
have nylon gears, and does it use a single speed motor with gears?

I also could use a manual if some kind soul could photocopy and sell me a copy
of it.

PS: this thing is mint, not even dirty or scratched at all.

Roger

FREECYCLE MOM wrote:
> "Roger" > wrote in message
>
>>I mix my bread (up to 6-8 loaves at a time) in my Universal Bread
>>Pail. It never stalls, never breaks, works like a champ, and you
>>don't even have to plug it in. They ususally cost only about $20 on
>>Ebay to boot (make sure you get the clamp!). Sometimes old technology
>>has its place.
>>

> Do these have a brand name? I did a google search for "Universal
> Bread Pail" and came up with nothing.

Look on Ebay searching for "Universal bread". There are six of them
available this morning. The correct term seems to be "bread maker"
rather than bread pail.

See, for example
<http://digital.lib.msu.edu/projects/cookbooks/html/museum/object_006.html>

Roger

Dave Bell wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Apr 2005, Roger wrote:
>

>>If you're feeling lazy you can chuck a dough hook into your drill press
>>(you have one, right?) and do some serious kneading. For the price of a
>>low-end KitchenAid you can get an industrial-stength motor built to
>>crank that kind of load all day long. Plus it has a vast number of other
>>uses.
>>
>>Roger

> Huh! Now, that's an interesting idea!
> I'll have to look at mine, but I'm not sure how slow I can get it to run.
> What's a good RPM for bread kneading, anyway?!?
>
> Dave

As slow as you make it go. On mine that's 180 rpm, but I think that's
still pretty fast. Half that would be ideal. Going too fast puts you in
danger of over-kneading. You also need a good way to clamp the bowl down
lest it be tossed across the room :-)

Next time I buy a drill press it'll be a serious variable speed
machine-- all the better to make bread, of course!

Roger
Mike Avery

GMAN wrote:

> What about the K5SS model, its a hobart made unit that was given to me
> by an old lady in our neighborhood. How old is it (I assume 70's era)
> and does it have nylon gears, and does it use a single speed motor
> with gears?

It's GEAR, not gearS. One gear is nylon, and designed to be the
failsafe in case the unit is severely overloaded. Without opening it, I
couldn't tell you if it had A nylon gear or not, but I am inclined to
think it does.

Also, it does not have a single speed motor with a transmission. The
models with transmissions are pretty obvious. They have 3 speeds, and
you have to stop the mixer to change gears. The variable speed motors,
which is all the K4, K5 and newer machines have a slide that goes from 0
to 10 or something like that. The motor changes pitch as it speeds up
or slows down.

>PS: this thing is mint, not even dirty or scratched at all.

All the Kitchen Aid models are designed to be easy to clean and use a
fairly tough enamel, so they tend to keep looking good unless they are
abused.

Mike

Mike Avery

GMAN wrote:

> What about the K5SS model, its a hobart made unit that was given to me
> by an old lady in our neighborhood. How old is it (I assume 70's era)
> and does it have nylon gears, and does it use a single speed motor
> with gears?

It's GEAR, not gearS. One gear is nylon, and designed to be the
failsafe in case the unit is severely overloaded. Without opening it, I
couldn't tell you if it had A nylon gear or not, but I am inclined to
think it does.

Also, it does not have a single speed motor with a transmission. The
models with transmissions are pretty obvious. They have 3 speeds, and
you have to stop the mixer to change gears. The variable speed motors,
which is all the K4, K5 and newer machines have a slide that goes from 0
to 10 or something like that. The motor changes pitch as it speeds up
or slows down.

>PS: this thing is mint, not even dirty or scratched at all.

All the Kitchen Aid models are designed to be easy to clean and use a
fairly tough enamel, so they tend to keep looking good unless they are
abused.

Mike

Eric Jorgensen

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 08:28:47 -0600
Mike Avery > wrote:

> GMAN wrote:
>
> > What about the K5SS model, its a hobart made unit that was given to me
> > by an old lady in our neighborhood. How old is it (I assume 70's era)
> > and does it have nylon gears, and does it use a single speed motor
> > with gears?

> It's GEAR, not gearS. One gear is nylon, and designed to be the
> failsafe in case the unit is severely overloaded. Without opening it, I
> couldn't tell you if it had A nylon gear or not, but I am inclined to
> think it does.
>
> Also, it does not have a single speed motor with a transmission. The
> models with transmissions are pretty obvious. They have 3 speeds, and
> you have to stop the mixer to change gears. The variable speed motors,
> which is all the K4, K5 and newer machines have a slide that goes from 0
> to 10 or something like that. The motor changes pitch as it speeds up
> or slows down.

Regarding this, I think Viking is stretching the limits of reasonable
english in their description of their fine mixer.

They describe it as having a "metal gear transmission" but the truth of
the matter is that it has a 6 speed variable control on the side, and the
manual certainly doesn't tell you to switch it off to shift gears.

Perhaps the transmission they speak of is the three separate accessory
attachments which turn at different speeds? Or perhaps they mean only that
power is transmitted through metal gears.

Kenwood (and by extension Delonghi) make similar claims about their
stand mixers. fwiw they also fudge the maximum capacity ratings a bit by
not specifying right up front (as Viking does) that you can mix a lot more
pounds of thin batter than bread dough.

There's also the problem of reporting the power of the motor in watts,
which makes no sense at all, but no less sense than grading automotive
engines in horsepower. foot-pounds of torque is where it's all at.

I'm not saying that any of these mixers aren't going to work out for a
home baker. As a geek i don't like the idea of a variable speed motor at
all, but i have to admit that the two-speed motor in my aincent bosch is
still kicking.

> >PS: this thing is mint, not even dirty or scratched at all.
> >

> All the Kitchen Aid models are designed to be easy to clean and use a
> fairly tough enamel, so they tend to keep looking good unless they are
> abused.

I'm still kinda tempted to find an old N-50 in need of service and a
machine shop willing to overhaul it and powder coat the casing . . . It's
not that i think i need one, I just like the idea.

Eric Jorgensen

Mike Avery > wrote:

> GMAN wrote:
>
> > What about the K5SS model, its a hobart made unit that was given to me
> > by an old lady in our neighborhood. How old is it (I assume 70's era)
> > and does it have nylon gears, and does it use a single speed motor
> > with gears?

> It's GEAR, not gearS. One gear is nylon, and designed to be the
> failsafe in case the unit is severely overloaded. Without opening it, I
> couldn't tell you if it had A nylon gear or not, but I am inclined to
> think it does.
>
> Also, it does not have a single speed motor with a transmission. The
> models with transmissions are pretty obvious. They have 3 speeds, and
> you have to stop the mixer to change gears. The variable speed motors,
> which is all the K4, K5 and newer machines have a slide that goes from 0
> to 10 or something like that. The motor changes pitch as it speeds up
> or slows down.

Regarding this, I think Viking is stretching the limits of reasonable
english in their description of their fine mixer.

They describe it as having a "metal gear transmission" but the truth of
the matter is that it has a 6 speed variable control on the side, and the
manual certainly doesn't tell you to switch it off to shift gears.

Perhaps the transmission they speak of is the three separate accessory
attachments which turn at different speeds? Or perhaps they mean only that
power is transmitted through metal gears.

Kenwood (and by extension Delonghi) make similar claims about their
stand mixers. fwiw they also fudge the maximum capacity ratings a bit by
not specifying right up front (as Viking does) that you can mix a lot more
pounds of thin batter than bread dough.

There's also the problem of reporting the power of the motor in watts,
which makes no sense at all, but no less sense than grading automotive
engines in horsepower. foot-pounds of torque is where it's all at.

I'm not saying that any of these mixers aren't going to work out for a
home baker. As a geek i don't like the idea of a variable speed motor at
all, but i have to admit that the two-speed motor in my aincent bosch is
still kicking.

> >PS: this thing is mint, not even dirty or scratched at all.
> >

> All the Kitchen Aid models are designed to be easy to clean and use a
> fairly tough enamel, so they tend to keep looking good unless they are
> abused.

I'm still kinda tempted to find an old N-50 in need of service and a
machine shop willing to overhaul it and powder coat the casing . . . It's
not that i think i need one, I just like the idea.

Mike Avery

Eric Jorgensen wrote:

> Regarding this, I think Viking is stretching the limits of reasonable
> english in their description of their fine mixer.
>
>They describe it as having a "metal gear transmission" but the truth of
>the matter is that it has a 6 speed variable control on the side, and the manual certainly doesn't tell you to switch it off to shift gears.
>
>Perhaps the transmission they speak of is the three separate accessory
>attachments which turn at different speeds? Or perhaps they mean only that power is transmitted through metal gears.

I suspect that the last is the case. Power is transmitted, so there is
a transmission. Spoken, and even written, languages are imprecise.
Perhaps I should have said the Hobart commercial mixers have a three
speed gear shift transmission that allows the operator to select the
appropriate gear ratio and speed for the task at hand, while the
KitchenAid has a single speed transmission with a variable speed motor.

>Kenwood (and by extension Delonghi) make similar claims about their
>stand mixers. fwiw they also fudge the maximum capacity ratings a bit by not specifying right up front (as Viking does) that you can mix a lot more pounds of thin batter than bread dough.

That's common in the industry, and should be understood by bakers.
Hobart's are rated by quarts. In the manual is a list of how many
pounds of different types of products you can make. Lots of beaten egg
whites. Less cake batter. Less light bread. Less heavier bread. And
not much in the way of pizza dough or bagels. (If you do bagels
commercially, you are well advised to get a bagel mixer - they are
heavier duty machines.)

> There's also the problem of reporting the power of the motor in watts, which makes no sense at all, but no less sense than grading automotive engines in horsepower. foot-pounds of torque is where it's all at.

Heh, heh. In reality, build quality is more important than power. My
30 quart Hobart had a weaker motor than the 6 quart artisan mixers. My
mixer was already over 30 years old (to be conservative), and it will
still be in use 30 years from now if its new owner takes good care of it.

>I'm still kinda tempted to find an old N-50 in need of service and a
>machine shop willing to overhaul it and powder coat the casing . . . It's not that i think i need one, I just like the idea.

I'd be torn between that and a 20 quart hobart or a Electrolux
Assistent/Magic Mill.

Mike

FREECYCLE MOM

"Roger" > wrote in message
>> Do these have a brand name? I did a google search for "Universal
>> Bread Pail" and came up with nothing.
>>

> Look on Ebay searching for "Universal bread". There are six of them
> available this morning. The correct term seems to be "bread maker"
> rather than bread pail.
>
> See, for example
> <http://digital.lib.msu.edu/projects/cookbooks/html/museum/object_006.html>

Oh, I see. You can't buy this as a new item. It's an antique. And
as such it has an antique price. I see one already at almost $50 and
another at $68 US. I think that's a little exhorbitant. I'll stick
to my Kenwood.

Eric Jorgensen

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:42:44 -0400
"FREECYCLE MOM" > wrote:

> "Roger" > wrote in message
> >> Do these have a brand name? I did a google search for "Universal
> >> Bread Pail" and came up with nothing.
> >>

> > Look on Ebay searching for "Universal bread". There are six of them
> > available this morning. The correct term seems to be "bread maker"
> > rather than bread pail.
> >
> > See, for example
> > <http://digital.lib.msu.edu/projects/...eum/object_006.
> > html>

> Oh, I see. You can't buy this as a new item. It's an antique. And
> as such it has an antique price. I see one already at almost $50 and
> another at $68 US. I think that's a little exhorbitant. I'll stick
> to my Kenwood.

I rescued a similar device, an Acme ice cream maker, from my
grandfather's workshop. Unfortunately, a few of the pieces got lost at my
parents house somehow. Individually, only the dasher and lid are obviously
from an ice cream maker - the rest of it looks like a bucket, another
bucket with a hole in it, a funny screwdriver, and an unusual bracket.
Some day i need to spend a few more hours digging around for the outer
bucket, bracket, and drive shaft. Damn thing worked pretty well.

Looks like a reasonable design. There are a bunch on ebay, a persistent
person could get one for under $40, but, yeah.
graham

"Eric Jorgensen" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 08:28:47 -0600
> Mike Avery > wrote:
>
>> GMAN wrote:
>>

> Regarding this, I think Viking is stretching the limits of reasonable
> english in their description of their fine mixer.
>
> They describe it as having a "metal gear transmission" but the truth of
> the matter is that it has a 6 speed variable control on the side, and the
> manual certainly doesn't tell you to switch it off to shift gears.
>
> Perhaps the transmission they speak of is the three separate accessory
> attachments which turn at different speeds? Or perhaps they mean only that
> power is transmitted through metal gears.
>
> Kenwood (and by extension Delonghi) make similar claims about their
> stand mixers. fwiw they also fudge the maximum capacity ratings a bit by
> not specifying right up front (as Viking does) that you can mix a lot more
> pounds of thin batter than bread dough.

Isn't the Viking made on the old Kenwood factory in the UK?
Graham

Wayne Boatwright

On Wed 27 Apr 2005 09:42:44a, FREECYCLE MOM wrote in rec.food.baking:

> "Roger" > wrote in message
>>> Do these have a brand name? I did a google search for "Universal
>>> Bread Pail" and came up with nothing.
>>>

>> Look on Ebay searching for "Universal bread". There are six of them
>> available this morning. The correct term seems to be "bread maker"
>> rather than bread pail.
>>
>> See, for example
>> <http://digital.lib.msu.edu/projects/.../object_006.ht
>> ml>

> Oh, I see. You can't buy this as a new item. It's an antique. And
> as such it has an antique price. I see one already at almost $50 and
> another at $68 US. I think that's a little exhorbitant. I'll stick
> to my Kenwood.

You can buy them new but they aren't any cheaper.

http://www.wisementrading.com/baking.htm

--
Wayne Boatwright

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

Roy

Regarding professional mixers of the smallest size that can handle
multiple functions efficiently and can be used for home use
Have a look at this models which are tried and tested in the European
and Australian baking industry ( for R&D purposes and recipe
development)
http://www.wodschow.dk/products.asp
http://www.wodschow.dk/product_details.asp?ID=1
Its advantage is :
It has a sturdy construction like a Hobart and it has a variable speed
like a Kitchen Aide but by magnitudes a lot better in performance.
It can also sustain continuous mixing but better than the 5 quart N-50
for dough mixing as the mixing blade is spiral shape providing better
dough development performance.
To get information about your local distributor, please contact us via
fax: +45 fax +45-43- 43 12 80
or e-mail: .
Roy

Wayne Boatwright

On Wed 27 Apr 2005 03:01:57p, Roy wrote in rec.food.baking:

> Regarding professional mixers of the smallest size that can handle
> multiple functions efficiently and can be used for home use
> Have a look at this models which are tried and tested in the European
> and Australian baking industry ( for R&D purposes and recipe
> development)
> http://www.wodschow.dk/products.asp
> http://www.wodschow.dk/product_details.asp?ID=1
> Its advantage is :
> It has a sturdy construction like a Hobart and it has a variable speed
> like a Kitchen Aide but by magnitudes a lot better in performance.
> It can also sustain continuous mixing but better than the 5 quart N-50
> for dough mixing as the mixing blade is spiral shape providing better
> dough development performance.
> To get information about your local distributor, please contact us via
> fax: +45 fax +45-43- 43 12 80
> or e-mail: .
> Roy

That's an impressive looking machine! Still, I would imagine that it's
well out of my budget at this time. I also haven't yet killed my KA. <g>

I will definitely keep this for future reference.

Thanks!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Roy

>That's an impressive looking machine! Still, I would imagine that
it's
>well out of my budget at this time.

I am certain that is cheaper than the Hobart in the same way with their
larger models, Several years back I remember a bakery who purchased 3
large Bear Varimixer which made that establishment save lot of money
as it cost about IIRC half the price for the same size model of the
Hobart!
Performance wise I had seen Bear mixers working along side with Hobart
and they last as long! Unfortunately its not as well known as the
Hobart in the US. but widely used in Europe and elsewhere where
planterary mixers are the primary equipment.
>From my experience with dough mixing using this Bear mixer, the dough

seems to develope slightly faster..
Roy

Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 28 Apr 2005 01:01:21p, Roy wrote in rec.food.baking:

>>That's an impressive looking machine! Still, I would imagine that it's
>>well out of my budget at this time.

> I am certain that is cheaper than the Hobart in the same way with their
> larger models, Several years back I remember a bakery who purchased 3
> large Bear Varimixer which made that establishment save lot of money
> as it cost about IIRC half the price for the same size model of the
> Hobart!
> Performance wise I had seen Bear mixers working along side with Hobart
> and they last as long! Unfortunately its not as well known as the
> Hobart in the US. but widely used in Europe and elsewhere where
> planterary mixers are the primary equipment.
>>From my experience with dough mixing using this Bear mixer, the dough

> seems to develope slightly faster..
> Roy

I'll certainly keep it in mind. Thanks!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
KAidVerne

Dee,

I am so sorry for the trouble you had on your latest KitchenAid mixer.
Have you contacted KitchenAid Customer Service? They can help! As a
representative of KitchenAid, I can assure you that the problem you are
showing here is extremely rare.

Roy

>I can assure you that the problem you are
>showing here is extremely rare.

I doubt about that... I have used a series of kitchen aide mixers
overseas , and had experienced what DEE had(with those made in Korea
model) and those machines( or preferably I call toys don't have the
robustness for breadmaking.
I have no problems with those' toys/ for cakes and cookies but for
bread....I would settle for HOBART C-100 for small scale
breadmaking..From my more than 30 years in baking I cannot remember
that such institutional equipment ever put me down.
But your toys?( the Kitchen aide mixers), better display it in Toys R
Us<g>..
Or just relabel it as good for household baking, specially for cakes
and cookies.but ( as a consolation)remind them that it can be used
also for occasional breadmaking done...... once in a blue moon<g>
I think its time that your company should ,re think ,re invent and
drastically modify your machines knowing that homebakers are doing
more bread than in previous years..Therefore if a housewife will buy a
mixer now ,there is more likelihood that it will be used for
breadmaking never for cakes and cookies as those cheap hand held mixer
can do those things satisfactorily.
If I am in the position of the hobbyist baker, and I don't have a good
mixer for bread at home, I will not invest my money on your lousy toys
but would use my hand for kneading my bread dough and would settle for
cheaper mixers for my other baking purposes such as those batter based
goods.

Roy

Roy

>I can assure you that the problem you are
>showing here is extremely rare.

I doubt about that... I have used a series of kitchen aide mixers
overseas , and had experienced what DEE had(with those made in Korea
model) and those machines( or preferably I call toys don't have the
robustness for breadmaking.
I have no problems with those' toys/ for cakes and cookies but for
bread....I would settle for HOBART C-100 for small scale
breadmaking..From my more than 30 years in baking I cannot remember
that such institutional equipment ever put me down.
But your toys?( the Kitchen aide mixers), better display it in Toys R
Us<g>..
Or just relabel it as good for household baking, specially for cakes
and cookies.but ( as a consolation)remind them that it can be used
also for occasional breadmaking done...... once in a blue moon<g>
I think its time that your company should ,re think ,re invent and
drastically modify your machines knowing that homebakers are doing
more bread than in previous years..Therefore if a housewife will buy a
mixer now ,there is more likelihood that it will be used for
breadmaking never for cakes and cookies as those cheap hand held mixer
can do those things satisfactorily.
If I am in the position of the hobbyist baker, and I don't have a good
mixer for bread at home, I will not invest my money on your lousy toys
but would use my hand for kneading my bread dough and would settle for
cheaper mixers for my other baking purposes such as those batter based
goods.

Roy

Roy

>on your lousy toys ...?

PS... Lousy machines I mean...

Joschi Kley

Roy wrote:
>>on your lousy toys ...?

> PS... Lousy machines I mean...

Hi Roy.
If you write to the guy from Kitchen Aid in this uncourteous way he will
hardly think about your proposal twice...

Joschi

--
Address to mail me:
Um mir eine Nachricht zu schicken:

non_tox ::ATE:: web :OG:: de

Joschi Kley

Roy wrote:
>>on your lousy toys ...?

> PS... Lousy machines I mean...

Hi Roy.
If you write to the guy from Kitchen Aid in this uncourteous way he will
hardly think about your proposal twice...

Joschi

--
Address to mail me:
Um mir eine Nachricht zu schicken:

non_tox ::ATE:: web :OG:: de

Roy

Look Joschi,
If that guy is only trying to know the opinions of users about their
equipments, it its best that he should know the truth the hard way.
Remember the sayimg.
'Truth is heavy .... only a few can carry it!'

Roy

Iraxl Enb

<SNIP>

> No mention of the Magic Mill, the Swedish mixer? I swear by mine,
> handles 10 cups of flour and barely gets warm, and the dough that comes
> out is window pane wonderful. (I started out with the KitchenAid 5-quart
> and gave up on it, because the only thing it had in common with Hobart
> was the name.)

The specs look really good, but how is
this for the low end - kneading dough
for a couple of loaves?

Irax.
Roy

Lately I had seen some interesting comments on the new kitchen aid
mixers. The post of Cadiilac fan sound similarl to my experience
http://forum.kitchenaid.com/forums/t...?TOPIC_ID=1979