Tapper

Default Home-made Proof Box?

After a few months baking at home and selling here and there, we recently
found a shared-use commercial kitchen where we can rent a room on an hourly
basis. One problem: there's no proof box! They have floor-type Hobarts,
that oven that takes a whole cooling rack and spins it while it's baking, a
sheeter, depositors, etc. There is a lot of commercial equipment, but no
proof box. We are still small (a couple hundred $$ a week in sales), so we
can't afford to buy one (yet!). I would like to know if anyone has built a
proof box.

I have used cardboard boxes here at home, even tried the "dishwasher" method
(works OK), but I'm looking for a bigger, less-flimsy kind of thing. All I
can think of is using a Wardrobe mover's box and covering it with a tarp.
But I'd need a heat source and I guess I'd add a plastic panel so we could
see in without opening it.

Sooooo if anyone has any ideas about building a mobile (we can store it
there) proof box, I'd appreciate it. Right now we're baking cookies,
pastries and cakes there, so we don't need it yet, but we'd really love to
have a proof box.

Thanks All!
--Pat

Peggy

"Tapper" > wrote in message
link.net...
> After a few months baking at home and selling here and there, we recently
> found a shared-use commercial kitchen where we can rent a room on an
> hourly
> basis. One problem: there's no proof box! They have floor-type Hobarts,
> that oven that takes a whole cooling rack and spins it while it's baking,
> sheeter, depositors, etc. There is a lot of commercial equipment, but no
> proof box. We are still small (a couple hundred $$ a week in sales), so
> we
> can't afford to buy one (yet!). I would like to know if anyone has built
> proof box.
>
> I have used cardboard boxes here at home, even tried the "dishwasher"
> method
> (works OK), but I'm looking for a bigger, less-flimsy kind of thing. All
> can think of is using a Wardrobe mover's box and covering it with a tarp.
> But I'd need a heat source and I guess I'd add a plastic panel so we could
> see in without opening it.
>
> Sooooo if anyone has any ideas about building a mobile (we can store it
> there) proof box, I'd appreciate it. Right now we're baking cookies,
> pastries and cakes there, so we don't need it yet, but we'd really love to
> have a proof box.
>
> Thanks All!
> --Pat

Googling "how to build a proof box" yielded this, written by Jacques Pepin:

For bread dough to develop well, it is important that it be left to rise in
an area that is not only fairly warm but also draft-free and moist. A
professional proof box is very humid, and I simulate the same conditions by
inserting a trimmed cardboard box (with the top and one side removed, and
large enough to accommodate the baking sheet holding your formed loaf or
loaves) into a large plastic garbage bag. When the bag is closed, you will
have a humid hot-house similar to a professional proof box, which provides
the perfect environment for the bread to rise properly. Alternatively, turn
a large cardboard box or plastic bin upside down over the proofing bread,
and let it proof on the table.

Source:
"Jacques Pepin Celebrates (Knopf 2001)"

So I suppose if you wanted to be able to see it, get one of those clear
plastic storage boxes and turn it upside down on the table over the dough.
~Peggy

Mike Avery

Tapper wrote:

>I would like to know if anyone has built a proof box.

Oh yes. Not sure if it was NSF... probably wasn't.

We built an insulated closet in our bakery, about 4x8'. Lined the walls
with galvanised steel. Put gaskets on the door. Put a tube through a
wall, ran an extension cord through it, and then sealed the tube with
silicone seal. We didn't want to put permanent outlets in there - the
humidity would probably cause them to corrode.

We put some racks about 6' up, so we could put buckets of dough there
for the first rise.

Then we put a heated room humidifier and "rolling radiator" style heater
in there. In the end, we realized we didn't need the rolling radiator,
with the heat in the bakery, the insulation, and the heated humidifier,
it was warm enough in there.

We'd roll in racks of rising dough, let it rise, roll 'em out, and put
the sheet pans in the oven. Worked very well for us.

Mike

Peggy

found this too:

We sometimes make a "proof box" by placing a baking sheet or 9 x 13-inch pan
on top of the stove (we have a gas stove with a pilot light), adding some
hot water, then placing the rising bowl or loaf pans into the water-filled
pan. Cover the whole thing with a proof cover or some other large cover. Put
a thermometer into the water, and replace with hot water when the
temperature drops below 80°F. Another simpler way to keep dough warm is to
simply cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap, and set it in an unlit gas
oven; the pilot light will keep it warm. If you have an electric oven, turn
it to warm for about 1 minute, turn it off, then place the plastic-covered
bowl in the oven. "Reheat" on warm occasionally; you want the temperature to
remain at about 80°F to 85°F, more or less.

Peggy

and another:

Your microwave is also a good proofing chamber. NOTE: MICROWAVE THE WATER
ONLY, NEVER THE DOUGH!

Check your bowl and pans in your microwave -- for fit -- before you begin.
I can generally fit the mixing bowl in there, but some of my pans are too
big for the microwave. (Seems I need a bigger microwave!)

Place a Pyrex (microwave-safe thick glass) measuring cup with 1 cup of water
into your microwave. Microwave on High for one minute (adjust for your oven
power.) Leave the measuring cup in the microwave.

Prepare your dough to the first rise stage. Microwave the water for another
30 seconds.

Place your covered dough in the microwave & shut the door. Leave the door
shut for the recommended rising time. YOu can look through the window & see
how tall your dough is!

Take your dough out for punch down & shaping. Microwave the water for
another minute -- you may need to add some water.

If your pans fit, return the shaped dough to the microwave for second
rising.

Monsur Fromage du Pollet

"Tapper" > wrote in
link.net:

> After a few months baking at home and selling here and there, we
> recently found a shared-use commercial kitchen where we can rent a
> room on an hourly basis. One problem: there's no proof box! They
> have floor-type Hobarts, that oven that takes a whole cooling rack
> and spins it while it's baking, a sheeter, depositors, etc. There
> is a lot of commercial equipment, but no proof box. We are still
> small (a couple hundred $$ a week in sales), so we can't afford to
> buy one (yet!). I would like to know if anyone has built a proof
> box.
>
> I have used cardboard boxes here at home, even tried the
> "dishwasher" method (works OK), but I'm looking for a bigger,
> less-flimsy kind of thing. All I can think of is using a Wardrobe
> mover's box and covering it with a tarp. But I'd need a heat source
> and I guess I'd add a plastic panel so we could see in without
> opening it.
>
> Sooooo if anyone has any ideas about building a mobile (we can store
> it there) proof box, I'd appreciate it. Right now we're baking
> cookies, pastries and cakes there, so we don't need it yet, but we'd
> really love to have a proof box.
>
> Thanks All!
> --Pat

Think old fridge, old bar fridge...put in a 100 watt light on a dimmer
switch and a digital thermometer. Use the dimmer switch to control the
interior temp, displayed by the thermometer. And mount on wheels

The fridge has the benifit of coming equiped with shelving. Plus think
of the recycling you'd be doing. Just need to store it with the door
blocked open when not in use...to prevent mold.

With the motor etc...removed even a regular fridge might be light enough
to be considered mobile.

Type 2 Diabetic Since Aug 2004
1AC- 7.2, 7.3, 5.5, 5.6 mmol
Weight from 265 down to 219 lbs. and dropping.
Continuing to be Manitoban
Mike Avery

Monsur Fromage du Pollet wrote:

> Think old fridge, old bar fridge...put in a 100 watt light on a dimmer
> switch and a digital thermometer. Use the dimmer switch to control the
> interior temp, displayed by the thermometer. And mount on wheels
>
>The fridge has the benifit of coming equiped with shelving. Plus think
>of the recycling you'd be doing. Just need to store it with the door
>blocked open when not in use...to prevent mold.
>
>With the motor etc...removed even a regular fridge might be light enough to be considered mobile.

A good idea. Next... think county, or city, dump. Most dumps have a
separate area where large appliances go, and many are very happy to have
someone haul them off. It saves them money if they don't have to bury
them, or crush them to sell them as scrap metal.

I was able to find racks/shelves for my commercial refrigerator and
freezer there. Free, instead of $60 a pop from the food service
outlets. I also found some interesting shelf supports that let me put a
lot of stuff in the fridge and refrigerator on sheet pans.

And there were lots and lots of refrigertors of all sizes and in all
conditions. With a pickup truck and a few friends, you should be able
to do well.

Hint - if they want to turn you away from the dump, bread makes a great
bribe. "Gee, we're trying to start a bakery, and we're in a tight
budget, and this would help us *SO* much. When we're baking, I'd be
really happy to bring you some freshly baked bread!" Then follow
through.... so you can get into the dump again later. It sometimes
helps to have a lovely lady with you to do the bribery.

Don't ask me how I know this stuff. <g>

Mike

Mike Avery

Monsur Fromage du Pollet wrote:

> Think old fridge, old bar fridge...put in a 100 watt light on a dimmer
> switch and a digital thermometer. Use the dimmer switch to control the
> interior temp, displayed by the thermometer. And mount on wheels
>
>The fridge has the benifit of coming equiped with shelving. Plus think
>of the recycling you'd be doing. Just need to store it with the door
>blocked open when not in use...to prevent mold.
>
>With the motor etc...removed even a regular fridge might be light enough to be considered mobile.

A good idea. Next... think county, or city, dump. Most dumps have a
separate area where large appliances go, and many are very happy to have
someone haul them off. It saves them money if they don't have to bury
them, or crush them to sell them as scrap metal.

I was able to find racks/shelves for my commercial refrigerator and
freezer there. Free, instead of $60 a pop from the food service
outlets. I also found some interesting shelf supports that let me put a
lot of stuff in the fridge and refrigerator on sheet pans.

And there were lots and lots of refrigertors of all sizes and in all
conditions. With a pickup truck and a few friends, you should be able
to do well.

Hint - if they want to turn you away from the dump, bread makes a great
bribe. "Gee, we're trying to start a bakery, and we're in a tight
budget, and this would help us *SO* much. When we're baking, I'd be
really happy to bring you some freshly baked bread!" Then follow
through.... so you can get into the dump again later. It sometimes
helps to have a lovely lady with you to do the bribery.

Don't ask me how I know this stuff. <g>

Mike

Mike Avery

Peggy wrote:

> Your microwave is also a good proofing chamber. NOTE: MICROWAVE THE
> WATER ONLY, NEVER THE DOUGH!

A number of people microwave the dough. You need a microwave that can go
to very low power settings. Around 10% works fine.

James Beard suggested this for a recipe for English Muffin Bread. I
think he rose, and baked, the bread in the microwave. His feeling was
that it was going to be toasted anyway, so baking in the microwave was
OK. His microwave recipe is at http://tinyurl.com/4aw8p although they
left out the part about rising in the microwave (and added a few typos).

At cookingvillage.com, they have this comment: • *Microwave-rising bread
dough:* Dough can rise in a microwave oven in about half the regular
time of conventional methods. However, any form of quick rising means
that the dough won’t have as much time to develop its full flavor. You
must have a microwave oven with 10 percent power. Any higher than that
and your dough could turn into a half-baked lump. Don’t try to rise
butter-laden doughs (such as for brioche) in the microwave—much of the
butter will melt and drain from the dough. To microwave-rise enough
dough for 2 standard-size loaves, set 1 cup hot water at the back corner
of your microwave oven. Place the dough in a large, greased,
microwave-proof bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, then a damp towel. Set
the power level at 10 percent; cook for 8 minutes. Let the dough rest
for 5 minutes. Repeat at 10 percent power for 5 to 8 minutes longer
until the dough has doubled in bulk. The second rising—after the dough
is shaped into loaves—will take about 10 minutes, but the loaves must be
in glass baking dishes.

Mike
Kenneth

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 00:46:36 GMT, Monsur Fromage du Pollet
> wrote:

>Think old fridge, old bar fridge...put in a 100 watt light on a dimmer
>switch and a digital thermometer. Use the dimmer switch to control the
>interior temp, displayed by the thermometer. And mount on wheels

Howdy,

Better than a dimmer might be a thermostat and relay to turn
on the light bulb. I have used such a system for about 15
years. I set the temp and it holds within 1 degree F.

All the best,

--
Kenneth

Kenneth

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 00:46:36 GMT, Monsur Fromage du Pollet
> wrote:

>Think old fridge, old bar fridge...put in a 100 watt light on a dimmer
>switch and a digital thermometer. Use the dimmer switch to control the
>interior temp, displayed by the thermometer. And mount on wheels

Howdy,

Better than a dimmer might be a thermostat and relay to turn
on the light bulb. I have used such a system for about 15
years. I set the temp and it holds within 1 degree F.

All the best,

--
Kenneth

If you need a wet heat , such as for proofing donuts you can try an
electric frypan or slow cooker in the bottom of a cabinet.

You would do better to check out used proof boxes or buy a cheap new
one.

They run about $1200 but are more consistant than some of the other
methods.

You also have to watch out for your health inspector. He will shut you
down (at least in my area) if you are using homemade equipment.

Another good option is to proof in the oven with a pan of water on the
bottom rack.

Warm the oven to 120 degrees. Proof your product partially, Remove and
let final proof at room temp.
Run your oven up to baking temp.

Vox Humana

"Tapper" > wrote in message
link.net...
> After a few months baking at home and selling here and there, we recently
> found a shared-use commercial kitchen where we can rent a room on an

hourly
> basis. One problem: there's no proof box! They have floor-type Hobarts,
> that oven that takes a whole cooling rack and spins it while it's baking,

> sheeter, depositors, etc. There is a lot of commercial equipment, but no
> proof box. We are still small (a couple hundred $$ a week in sales), so

we
> can't afford to buy one (yet!). I would like to know if anyone has built

> proof box.

Maybe that is a sign that you don't really need one. The only advantage I
see in a proofing box is the ability to control humidity. About any closed
container will do that. Throw some plastic over a cooling rack and call it
a proofing box.

Ida Slapter

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 16:06:20 GMT, "Vox Humana" >
wrote:

>Maybe that is a sign that you don't really need one. The only advantage I
>see in a proofing box is the ability to control humidity.

We bought those oversize plastic sweater boxes from Target...turn them
over and use the bottom for the lid.

The Fine Art of Cooking involves personal choice.
Many preferences, ingredients, and procedures may not
be consistent with what you know to be true.
As with any recipe, you may find your personal
intervention will be necessary. Bon Appetit!
Vox Humana

"Ida Slapter" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 16:06:20 GMT, "Vox Humana" >
> wrote:
>
> >Maybe that is a sign that you don't really need one. The only advantage

> >see in a proofing box is the ability to control humidity.

> We bought those oversize plastic sweater boxes from Target...turn them
> over and use the bottom for the lid.

That's a good suggestion, but I got the idea that the OP was interested in
something on a larger scale. I think the question remains as to what the OP
wants to accomplish.

Mike Avery

Vox Humana wrote:

>That's a good suggestion, but I got the idea that the OP was interested in something on a larger scale. I think the question remains as to what the OP wants to accomplish.

The OP was talking about renting a commercial kitchen, and said, "We are
still small (a couple hundred $$ a week in sales)..." This suggests
that they are making a fair amount of bread, at least 50 loaves a week,
assuming $4.00 a loaf, and that they want to make more.

So, I don't think going to the dollar store or Wal-Mart and buying
sweater boxes is the answer here.

Mike

Mike Avery

Vox Humana wrote:

>That's a good suggestion, but I got the idea that the OP was interested in something on a larger scale. I think the question remains as to what the OP wants to accomplish.

The OP was talking about renting a commercial kitchen, and said, "We are
still small (a couple hundred $$ a week in sales)..." This suggests
that they are making a fair amount of bread, at least 50 loaves a week,
assuming $4.00 a loaf, and that they want to make more.

So, I don't think going to the dollar store or Wal-Mart and buying
sweater boxes is the answer here.

Mike

Monsur Fromage du Pollet

"Vox Humana" > wrote in
:

> "Ida Slapter" > wrote in message
> > On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 16:06:20 GMT, "Vox Humana"
> > > wrote:
> >
> > >Maybe that is a sign that you don't really need one. The only
> > >advantage

> > >see in a proofing box is the ability to control humidity.

> > We bought those oversize plastic sweater boxes from Target...turn
> > them over and use the bottom for the lid.
> >

> That's a good suggestion, but I got the idea that the OP was
> interested in something on a larger scale. I think the question
> remains as to what the OP wants to accomplish.

I think he wants to proof a quantity of dough. That requires a little
heat and a little humidity.

Type 2 Diabetic Since Aug 2004
1AC- 7.2, 7.3, 5.5, 5.6 mmol
Weight from 265 down to 219 lbs. and dropping.
Continuing to be Manitoban
Vox Humana

"Monsur Fromage du Pollet" > wrote in message
> "Vox Humana" > wrote in
> :
>

> > "Ida Slapter" > wrote in message
> > > On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 16:06:20 GMT, "Vox Humana"

> > > We bought those oversize plastic sweater boxes from Target...turn
> > > them over and use the bottom for the lid.
> > >

> > That's a good suggestion, but I got the idea that the OP was
> > interested in something on a larger scale. I think the question
> > remains as to what the OP wants to accomplish.
> >

> I think he wants to proof a quantity of dough. That requires a little
> heat and a little humidity.

I can understand the humidity, but not the heat. I proof bread on my
counter at night with the temperature turned down to around 55F. I like it
cold at night! Never have any problems. Sure, it takes longer but that's
just a matter of planning. That takes me back to my original suggestion
that the OP just put the trays of bread in a tray rack (which they already
have) and throw a big sheet of plastic over the whole thing. If there is a
desire for additional heat or moisture, I would put a pan of hot water on
the top rack.

Petey the Wonder Dog

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>Sooooo if anyone has any ideas about building a mobile (we can store it
>there) proof box, I'd appreciate it.

There are plastic covers that fit over the rolling racks. these are to keep a
somewhat clean and constant environment in the rack, say if you push it into a
wlak-in fridge over night, or to allow several trays of bagels to rest for a few
hours.

You can put a cover over a rack, and put a warmer on the bottom rack filled with hot
water to humidify. Cheap and easy.

Petey the Wonder Dog

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>Sooooo if anyone has any ideas about building a mobile (we can store it
>there) proof box, I'd appreciate it.

There are plastic covers that fit over the rolling racks. these are to keep a
somewhat clean and constant environment in the rack, say if you push it into a
wlak-in fridge over night, or to allow several trays of bagels to rest for a few
hours.

You can put a cover over a rack, and put a warmer on the bottom rack filled with hot
water to humidify. Cheap and easy.
Petey the Wonder Dog

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>Sooooo if anyone has any ideas about building a mobile (we can store it
>there) proof box, I'd appreciate it.

There are plastic covers that fit over the rolling racks. these are to keep a
somewhat clean and constant environment in the rack, say if you push it into a
wlak-in fridge over night, or to allow several trays of bagels to rest for a few
hours.

You can put a cover over a rack, and put a warmer on the bottom rack filled with hot
water to humidify. Cheap and easy.
Monsur Fromage du Pollet

"Vox Humana" > wrote in
:

> "Monsur Fromage du Pollet" > wrote in message
> > "Vox Humana" > wrote in
> > :

> > > That's a good suggestion, but I got the idea that the OP was
> > > interested in something on a larger scale. I think the question
> > > remains as to what the OP wants to accomplish.
> > >

> > I think he wants to proof a quantity of dough. That requires a
> > little heat and a little humidity.
> >

> I can understand the humidity, but not the heat. I proof bread on
> my counter at night with the temperature turned down to around 55F.
> I like it cold at night! Never have any problems. Sure, it takes
> longer but that's just a matter of planning. That takes me back to
> my original suggestion that the OP just put the trays of bread in a
> tray rack (which they already have) and throw a big sheet of plastic
> over the whole thing. If there is a desire for additional heat or
> moisture, I would put a pan of hot water on the top rack.

The man is in 'business' he wants speed, taste and uniform results. Yeast
rises faster at around 99F and the taste doesn't suffer much and keeping
the temp and humidity fixed will give similar results every time.

Type 2 Diabetic Since Aug 2004
1AC- 7.2, 7.3, 5.5, 5.6 mmol
Weight from 265 down to 219 lbs. and dropping.
Continuing to be Manitoban
Monsur Fromage du Pollet

"Vox Humana" > wrote in
:

> "Monsur Fromage du Pollet" > wrote in message
> > "Vox Humana" > wrote in
> > :

> > > That's a good suggestion, but I got the idea that the OP was
> > > interested in something on a larger scale. I think the question
> > > remains as to what the OP wants to accomplish.
> > >

> > I think he wants to proof a quantity of dough. That requires a
> > little heat and a little humidity.
> >

> I can understand the humidity, but not the heat. I proof bread on
> my counter at night with the temperature turned down to around 55F.
> I like it cold at night! Never have any problems. Sure, it takes
> longer but that's just a matter of planning. That takes me back to
> my original suggestion that the OP just put the trays of bread in a
> tray rack (which they already have) and throw a big sheet of plastic
> over the whole thing. If there is a desire for additional heat or
> moisture, I would put a pan of hot water on the top rack.

The man is in 'business' he wants speed, taste and uniform results. Yeast
rises faster at around 99F and the taste doesn't suffer much and keeping
the temp and humidity fixed will give similar results every time.

Type 2 Diabetic Since Aug 2004
1AC- 7.2, 7.3, 5.5, 5.6 mmol
Weight from 265 down to 219 lbs. and dropping.
Continuing to be Manitoban
Vox Humana

"Monsur Fromage du Pollet" > wrote in message
> "Vox Humana" > wrote in
> :
>

> > "Monsur Fromage du Pollet" > wrote in message
> > > "Vox Humana" > wrote in
> > > :

> > > I think he wants to proof a quantity of dough. That requires a
> > > little heat and a little humidity.
> > >

> > I can understand the humidity, but not the heat. I proof bread on
> > my counter at night with the temperature turned down to around 55F.
> > I like it cold at night! Never have any problems. Sure, it takes
> > longer but that's just a matter of planning. That takes me back to
> > my original suggestion that the OP just put the trays of bread in a
> > tray rack (which they already have) and throw a big sheet of plastic
> > over the whole thing. If there is a desire for additional heat or
> > moisture, I would put a pan of hot water on the top rack.
> >

> The man is in 'business' he wants speed, taste and uniform results. Yeast
> rises faster at around 99F and the taste doesn't suffer much and keeping
> the temp and humidity fixed will give similar results every time.

I can't read minds, so I don't know what he wants. Everything I have read
and my own experience tells me that taste is not achieved by a speedy rise.
Also, I'm not sure that it costs more to let the dough rise longer. It
would depend on how you manipulate the process. You can increase the speed
by using warmer water and producing a warmer dough. Cold dough in a
proofing box probably won't rise any faster than hot dough in a cold box.
There are many variables. But, if the OP wants to produce something similar
to Wonder Bread, then I would recommend hot dough in a hot proofing box. It
will give uniform texture and fast results. Taste - well, that's a matter
of opinion. I think he would be competing with supermarket bread.
Personally, I would concentrate on making something that had a less uniform
texture and more flavor even if it took longer. That way, I could justify
charging more than 99 cents for a one pound loaf.

Vox Humana

"Monsur Fromage du Pollet" > wrote in message
> "Vox Humana" > wrote in
> :
>

> > "Monsur Fromage du Pollet" > wrote in message
> > > "Vox Humana" > wrote in
> > > :

> > > I think he wants to proof a quantity of dough. That requires a
> > > little heat and a little humidity.
> > >

> > I can understand the humidity, but not the heat. I proof bread on
> > my counter at night with the temperature turned down to around 55F.
> > I like it cold at night! Never have any problems. Sure, it takes
> > longer but that's just a matter of planning. That takes me back to
> > my original suggestion that the OP just put the trays of bread in a
> > tray rack (which they already have) and throw a big sheet of plastic
> > over the whole thing. If there is a desire for additional heat or
> > moisture, I would put a pan of hot water on the top rack.
> >

> The man is in 'business' he wants speed, taste and uniform results. Yeast
> rises faster at around 99F and the taste doesn't suffer much and keeping
> the temp and humidity fixed will give similar results every time.

I can't read minds, so I don't know what he wants. Everything I have read
and my own experience tells me that taste is not achieved by a speedy rise.
Also, I'm not sure that it costs more to let the dough rise longer. It
would depend on how you manipulate the process. You can increase the speed
by using warmer water and producing a warmer dough. Cold dough in a
proofing box probably won't rise any faster than hot dough in a cold box.
There are many variables. But, if the OP wants to produce something similar
to Wonder Bread, then I would recommend hot dough in a hot proofing box. It
will give uniform texture and fast results. Taste - well, that's a matter
of opinion. I think he would be competing with supermarket bread.
Personally, I would concentrate on making something that had a less uniform
texture and more flavor even if it took longer. That way, I could justify
charging more than 99 cents for a one pound loaf.

Petey the Wonder Dog

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>Personally, I would concentrate on making something that had a less uniform
>texture and more flavor even if it took longer. That way, I could justify
>charging more than 99 cents for a one pound loaf.

Amen Brother. Preach on!

I might buy cheap bread once, but good bread with great taste I'll come back for.
Petey the Wonder Dog

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>Personally, I would concentrate on making something that had a less uniform
>texture and more flavor even if it took longer. That way, I could justify
>charging more than 99 cents for a one pound loaf.

Amen Brother. Preach on!

I might buy cheap bread once, but good bread with great taste I'll come back for.

What exactly is 'home made'? A Moose in Love General Cooking 51 02-03-2014 11:23 PM
3rd day of home made soup. Ozgirl Diabetic 31 06-09-2011 03:58 AM
Pudding - home made is best [email protected] General Cooking 22 10-09-2005 04:18 AM
Home Made Pop? Gregor Winemaking 11 06-02-2005 03:47 AM
Is 80 Proof Southern Comfort still made? maryanne kehoe General 2 07-12-2003 02:12 AM