Old 02-04-2005, 09:36 PM
AK

Default baking tips

I'd like to know some baking tips from those who love baking and are
willing to share their tips! Thanx alot

Old 02-04-2005, 11:42 PM
Tapper

The #1 baking tip: PARCHMENT PAPER!!! Nothijng beats it for cookies,
pastries, anything that is baked on jelly roll or sheet pans. For Brownies
and some cakes you can cut a right-sized piece, butter both sides and place
it in the bottom of the pan so the bottom will release.

ups.com...

Old 03-04-2005, 01:26 AM
MOMPEAGRAM

"AK" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'd like to know some baking tips from those who love baking and are
willing to share their tips! Thanx alot

Cornmeal. Sprinkled on pans for rolls and panless breads.

Old 03-04-2005, 01:31 AM
Mary

AK wrote:

I'd like to know some baking tips from those who love baking and are
willing to share their tips! Thanx alot

I know this is going to sound silly. But the first time you try a
recipe, follow it to the exact letter. Keep notes. If it doesn't work
out the first time, find out what didn't work right (based on your
notes) and try it again.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:50 AM
Mike Avery

AK wrote:

I'd like to know some baking tips from those who love baking and are
willing to share their tips! Thanx alot

Get an oven thermometer. Check your oven temp on a regular basis.
Most thermostats are off, and it can matter. A lot.

Get a set of scales from eBay. (I like the candle making scales made by
My Weigh.) Weigh your ingredients. It's not exact, but it is closer
than using cups, tablespoons, and teaspoons. It's faster too.

Don't get a bunch of tips from your friends in the newsgroup and then
put them in a book. That leads to hurt feelings.

Mike

Old 03-04-2005, 07:06 AM
Eric Jorgensen

On 2 Apr 2005 12:36:05 -0800
"AK" wrote:

I'd like to know some baking tips from those who love baking and are
willing to share their tips! Thanx alot

Yeah, here's a tip.

Do your own damn research.

Is it so hard to use google to dig up content for your website
assignment that you have to just ask people? What kind of internet
technique is that?

Old 03-04-2005, 02:14 PM
MOMPEAGRAM

"Eric Jorgensen" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
On 2 Apr 2005 12:36:05 -0800
"AK" wrote:

I'd like to know some baking tips from those who love baking and are
willing to share their tips! Thanx alot

Yeah, here's a tip.

Do your own damn research.

Is it so hard to use google to dig up content for your website
assignment that you have to just ask people? What kind of internet
technique is that?

Always has to be someone ready to pick a fight.

Old 03-04-2005, 03:41 PM
Eric Jorgensen

"AK" wrote:

I'd like to know some baking tips from those who love baking and are
willing to share their tips! Thanx alot

Yeah, here's a tip.

Do your own damn research.

Is it so hard to use google to dig up content for your website
assignment that you have to just ask people? What kind of internet
technique is that?

Always has to be someone ready to pick a fight.

Well? That's what she's doing. She's taking a class and was assigned to
build a website. She's prodding at other groups too.

I would be remiss in my duties as a responsible netizen if i allowed
someone taking an internet course to believe that they can schlep around
like that without getting flamed a few times.

Old 03-04-2005, 04:06 PM
MOMPEAGRAM

"AK" wrote:

I'd like to know some baking tips from those who love baking and are
willing to share their tips! Thanx alot

Yeah, here's a tip.

Do your own damn research.

Is it so hard to use google to dig up content for your website
assignment that you have to just ask people? What kind of internet
technique is that?

Always has to be someone ready to pick a fight.

Well? That's what she's doing. She's taking a class and was assigned to
build a website. She's prodding at other groups too.

I would be remiss in my duties as a responsible netizen if i allowed
someone taking an internet course to believe that they can schlep around
like that without getting flamed a few times.

And just what harm does it do to help her??? Are you the official "flamer"?

Old 03-04-2005, 04:57 PM
Eric Jorgensen

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 11:06:05 -0400
"MOMPEAGRAM" wrote:

"Eric Jorgensen" wrote in message
I would be remiss in my duties as a responsible netizen if i allowed
someone taking an internet course to believe that they can schlep
around like that without getting flamed a few times.

And just what harm does it do to help her??? Are you the official
"flamer"?

People have been coming to usenet to ask others to do their homework for
as long as there has been usenet.

And other people have been telling those people to get stuffed for just
as long.

If nobody fulfilled the 2nd part, that would mean that the internet had
devolved thoroughly into a monkey house and not just mostly.

Old 03-04-2005, 05:42 PM
Terrel

"AK" wrote:

I'd like to know some baking tips from those who love baking and are
willing to share their tips! Thanx alot

A lot of baking recipes call for greasing and flouring the pan. When
I'm making a bundt cake, or using any kind of a pan with
grooves/fluting, I use a pastry brush to grease the pan. The pastry
brush makes it easier to get the shortening into all the grooves in
the pan. I also use the pastry brush to help spread the flour into the
grooves.

Terrel

--
Spamblocker in address. If you must reply by e-mail,
remove the last three letters of the alphabet and .invalid

Old 03-04-2005, 08:13 PM
Boron Elgar

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 12:42:33 -0400, Terrel
wrote:

"AK" wrote:

I'd like to know some baking tips from those who love baking and are
willing to share their tips! Thanx alot

A lot of baking recipes call for greasing and flouring the pan. When
I'm making a bundt cake, or using any kind of a pan with
grooves/fluting, I use a pastry brush to grease the pan. The pastry
brush makes it easier to get the shortening into all the grooves in
the pan. I also use the pastry brush to help spread the flour into the
grooves.

Terrel

I spray it on with Pam or some generic equivalent, toss in a tbsp or
so of flour, and turn the pan, while holding it over the sink, to get
the flour into the grooves. One less thing to wash. No need to tip
the oil jug at all.

Today I baked 6 loaves of bread ( 4 of Carol Field's cocodrillo and 2
rye from "Bread Alone"), put up 2 quarts of strawberry jam and made2
batches of chocolate chip cookies. The kitchen needs a good cleaning,
but I am happy. Anything that saves a step or the cleaning of an
implement here and there is always a godsend.

Boron