Old 04-04-2005, 05:25 PM
Wayne Boatwright

On Mon 04 Apr 2005 09:07:28a, "." wrote in rec.food.baking:

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005, Eric Jorgensen wrote:

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 11:06:05 -0400
"MOMPEAGRAM" wrote:

"Eric Jorgensen" wrote in message
I would be remiss in my duties as a responsible netizen if i
allowed
someone taking an internet course to believe that they can schlep
around like that without getting flamed a few times.

And just what harm does it do to help her??? Are you the official
"flamer"?

People have been coming to usenet to ask others to do their homework
for as long as there has been usenet.

And other people have been telling those people to get stuffed for
just as long.

If nobody fulfilled the 2nd part, that would mean that the internet
had devolved thoroughly into a monkey house and not just mostly.

There is another option. You could just ignore people asking you to do
their homework for them.

By the way, I learned a new tip today. If the original poster didn't ask
this question I might not have learned something. Their motive might
have been wrong but it benefits me so I'm okay with it.

P.S. I just thought of another tip: If you are mixing something that
spatters, put the bowl in the sink and mix it there. Easier clean up.
Additionally, folder a tea towel and place it under the bowl so it
doesn't vibrate in the sink.

Another way, especially for whipping cream, is taking a double thickness
of waxed paper larger than the top of the mixing bowl, poking a hole
through the middle with the beaters, then inserting the beaters into the
motor. This makes a nice splash shield.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

Old 04-04-2005, 05:27 PM
Wayne Boatwright

On Mon 04 Apr 2005 09:09:45a, "." wrote in rec.food.baking:

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005, Ida Slapter wrote:

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 15:13:14 -0400, Boron Elgar
wrote:

I spray it on with Pam or some generic equivalent,

I always open the dishwasher up and put the pan on the door....then
spray. Don't have that mess to clean up from overspray.

Excellent tip. I grew up in a house without a dishwasher so I'd never
thought of this. Now that I have my own place (and a dishwater) I'll have
to start doing this.

I can't believe I hadn't thought of this before. Since I have a handy
outside door in the kitchen, I step outside to spray pans with PAM, but the
d/w door is really a convenience.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

Old 04-04-2005, 08:31 PM
.

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

On Mon 04 Apr 2005 09:07:28a, "." wrote in rec.food.baking:

I just thought of another tip: If you are mixing something that
spatters, put the bowl in the sink and mix it there. Easier clean up.
Additionally, folder a tea towel and place it under the bowl so it
doesn't vibrate in the sink.

Another way, especially for whipping cream, is taking a double thickness
of waxed paper larger than the top of the mixing bowl, poking a hole
through the middle with the beaters, then inserting the beaters into the
motor. This makes a nice splash shield.

Another good tip. I would however hold the wax paper to the motor then
poke the beaters through the paper into the motor. This would guarantee
the holes are the right space apart.

The tip wouldn't work on my Kitchen Aid but then it has a splash guard.
8^)

Old 04-04-2005, 08:36 PM
.

wrote:

I spray it on with Pam or some generic equivalent,

I always open the dishwasher up and put the pan on the door....then
spray. Don't have that mess to clean up from overspray.

Excellent tip. I grew up in a house without a dishwasher so I'd never
thought of this. Now that I have my own place (and a dishwater) I'll have
to start doing this.

I can't believe I hadn't thought of this before. Since I have a handy
outside door in the kitchen, I step outside to spray pans with PAM, but the
d/w door is really a convenience.

Having a handy outside door is exactly why you hadn't thought of it. In my
parents house dad had a tool room adjacent to the kitchen so I used to use
the tool room to spray pans.

The sad thing is, I now live in an apartment with no balcony. I just spray
on top of the stove and clean the mess up. doh!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

Old 05-04-2005, 12:35 AM
Wayne Boatwright

On Mon 04 Apr 2005 12:31:33p, "." wrote in rec.food.baking:

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

On Mon 04 Apr 2005 09:07:28a, "." wrote in rec.food.baking:

I just thought of another tip: If you are mixing something that
spatters, put the bowl in the sink and mix it there. Easier clean up.
Additionally, folder a tea towel and place it under the bowl so it
doesn't vibrate in the sink.

Another way, especially for whipping cream, is taking a double thickness
of waxed paper larger than the top of the mixing bowl, poking a hole
through the middle with the beaters, then inserting the beaters into the
motor. This makes a nice splash shield.

Another good tip. I would however hold the wax paper to the motor then
poke the beaters through the paper into the motor. This would guarantee
the holes are the right space apart.

Good point. I've been doing it for so long I just know where they need to
be.

The tip wouldn't work on my Kitchen Aid but then it has a splash guard.
8^)

My KA as well, but I used the waxed paper with my hand mixer.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

Old 06-04-2005, 11:34 PM
Dee Randall

""."" wrote in message
On Sat, 2 Apr 2005, AK wrote:

I'd like to know some baking tips from those who love baking and are
willing to share their tips! Thanx alot

Read the entire recipe before you begin. Measure out everything and have
it ready. Many recipes involve timing. Letting something sit while you
measure out other ingredients could ruin the results.

If you need refridgerated items at room temperature (e.g. eggs and butter)
put them out first so you are not waiting for them.

If you need your butter at room temperature and cut into small pieces, cut
it when it is really cold then let it warm up. Don't let it warm up then
attempt to cut it.

I used to think it saved time if I got the ingredients out as I used them,
but I totally agree with the above. Now, for some reason, since I do a lot
of computer-ing, I like to arrange my recipe in groups of items and make the
font a different color for each group of items. I can look down on a recipe
and see more readily where I am in the composition of the recipe. For
example, if a receipe calls for 4 groups of items to be put together each in
their own separate bowl before adding them to one another, or adding them to
a large pan for the oven, I will write down the bowl that best fits the
group of items that goes in it; thus I will have all of my bowls together,
as well. I do this more consisely for recipes I've made over-and-over
because I've caused myself trouble previously not having the right bowl
available.
I write times and all sorts of notes on this print-out, and then add it to
the computer- filed recipe for the next time.
I do all this at different times of the day in between other chores, so as
not to make myself feel overwhelmed, then when it comes to doing the
cooking/baking, I am free to do the 'cooking-show' thing for myself; that
is, everything is ready for the performance of fun-cooking!
Dee