Old 30-03-2005, 03:55 PM
Vox Humana

"Mash" wrote in message
ups.com...
Actually the meat loaf doesn't take hours to braise...and believe me
you don't want the oven running when the temps are in triple digits
unless you are wealthy and can afford an AC.

If the heat is such an issue, then I would cook outside.

Old 31-03-2005, 01:57 PM
biig

Years ago I had a glass ring dish (like an angel food cake pan) that
made a decent meat loaf in the microwave....don't know what happened to
it, or I'd try it again...Sharon

Mash wrote:

Actually my mother's recipe was fairly decent. It was a moist meat
loaf, not like oven baked, but decent. We ate the meat loaf a lot
during summer because firing up the oven when it was 118 degrees
outside didn't appeal. She had five young children to feed so meat loaf
was a popular meal.

You are right about the right equipment does determine how the finished
product will turn out. I have made meat loaf in the microwave (when it
was 118 degrees outside) and the product was tasty but not like oven
baked meat loaf. I've also made muffins and cakes in the microwave for
the same reason. Both turned out well but not exactly like their oven
baked counter parts. Good but not the same.

Slow cookers are good for pot roasts, soups and some sauces. Anything
that benefits from simmering and slow cooking are good candidates for
the crock pot.

Mary
Mary