Old 28-04-2005, 09:13 PM
Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 28 Apr 2005 12:58:44p, Ida Slapter wrote in rec.food.baking:

On 28 Apr 2005 15:16:23 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

I say if you "contict" them, then you should relase them!

Ok...there was an error with one finger between a "T" and a
"V".....and I know you know the meaning of one finger! vbg

LOL! I do indeed.

--
Wayne Boatwright **

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

Old 16-06-2005, 02:15 PM
Stark

"Sridhar Sathya" wrote in message
When I make pizza dough it raises well, around double the size in about 45
minutes. The problem with my dough is it is too gooie and I'm not able to
toss it. Even when I try to knead it it is too elastic and shrinks as I
knead the dough.

I follow the following recipe (I use a bread machine for making the
dough).
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon yeast
3 cups bread flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup oil.

Any suggestions?

Someone suggested your dough is too wet. I agree. I use a bread machine
to make my pizza dough. Only 1/2 cup water for 1 1/2 cups bread flour.
Sometimes an extra teaspoon or two to get the machine mix started, but
that's it. Usually make it in the morning; let it rise in the fridge;
take it out late afternoon and work with it around 7:00. It can still
be cool and slightly elastic but workable.

Sticky dough may also be caused by humidity. The variation is amazing.
I've used same formula with same ingredients on different days and
gotten entirely different doughs. And as unpleasant as it is to work
with, the stickier dough seems to make a better pizza crust.
Old 16-06-2005, 07:39 PM
Ida Slapter

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:15:04 GMT, Stark wrote:

When I make pizza dough it raises well, around double the size in about 45
minutes. The problem with my dough is it is too gooie and I'm not able to
toss it. Even when I try to knead it it is too elastic and shrinks as I
knead the dough.

You haven't kneaded the dough long enough to develop the gluten.
Double your kneading time. The way to tell is take a golf ball size
of dough and you should be able to stretch it as thin as a balloon
without it breaking. If the dough snaps and shrinks...your kneading
job has not been completed.

The Fine Art of Cooking involves personal choice.
Many preferences, ingredients, and procedures may not
be consistent with what you know to be true.
As with any recipe, you may find your personal
intervention will be necessary. Bon Appetit!

Pizza dough Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 19 08-09-2011 02:31 AM
Pizza dough zxcvbob General Cooking 11 21-01-2010 06:44 PM
Pizza Dough No.3 Piedmont[_5_] General Cooking 2 21-03-2009 01:04 AM
pizza dough that can be kept? stryped[_2_] General Cooking 18 29-10-2008 02:46 AM
I need help with my pizza dough! Marc General Cooking 38 26-02-2004 12:30 AM