FoodBanter.com

-   -   bread flops while baking (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/56730-bread-flops-while-baking.html)

Gionnix 17-03-2005 11:45 AM

bread flops while baking

Hi
I am new in baking with a bread machine.
Often my bread falls in the middle while baking.
Can anybody help me ?
What's happening ?
Gionnix

Bas 23-03-2005 02:01 PM

Hi there,

New to this group, but I feel I can help out a bit here, maybe.

Bread "falling"in a breadmaker usually means that you have slightly too much
liquids in your dough. Experiment a little with taking out small amounts -
and i do mean small amounts- of liquid, either water or milk.

Cheers,

Bas

"Vox Humana" > schreef in bericht

Bas 23-03-2005 02:01 PM

Hi there,

Mike Avery 23-03-2005 04:37 PM

Bas wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>New to this group, but I feel I can help out a bit here, maybe.
>
>Bread "falling"in a breadmaker usually means that you have slightly too much
>liquids in your dough. Experiment a little with taking out small amounts -
>and i do mean small amounts- of liquid, either water or milk.

It can also be an issue with too much yeast.

If you can still find a copy of "Bread Machine Magic", the authors give
excellent advice on how to dial in the hydration of your bread machine
dough. That series is, im(ns)ho, the best of the bread machine cookbooks.

Mike