FoodBanter.com

-   -   Whole grains (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/54860-whole-grains.html)

Cal 24-02-2005 10:28 PM

Whole grains

Where are people adding whole grains to their diets besides bread?
TIA

L, not -L 25-02-2005 12:18 AM

On 24-Feb-2005, Cal > wrote:

> Where are people adding whole grains to their diets besides bread?

I added it as side dishes to any number of meals.

Barley or wheatberry salad; cook the grain, add diced celery, diced red
onion and toasted walnut pieces, mix with a little Raspberry/Walnut
vinaigrette (I use Ken's brand).

I substitute Pearled Barley for rice in many recipes, such as stuffed
peppers and paella

x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

Vox Humana 25-02-2005 12:36 AM

"Cal" > wrote in message
> Where are people adding whole grains to their diets besides bread?
> TIA

You can sneak a little whole wheat flour into most everything you bake as
well as into pasta dough.

RsH 27-02-2005 02:49 AM

Or make Kasha

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 19:03:17 -0600, Alan wrote:

>Eat oatmeal for breakfast.
>Make beef barley soup.

Copyright retained. My opinions - no one else's...
If this is illegal where you are, do not read it!

serene 27-02-2005 06:45 AM

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 17:03:17 -0800, Alan wrote
(in article >):

> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 22:28:23 GMT, Cal > wrote:
>
>> Where are people adding whole grains to their diets besides bread?
>> TIA

> Eat oatmeal for breakfast.
>
> Make beef barley soup.

We eat a fair bit of brown rice. I eat a fair bit of oatmeal. Other
than that and bread, we don't eat as many whole grains as I'd like
(unless you count corn).

serene

serene 27-02-2005 06:45 AM