Old 20-02-2005, 11:33 PM
Dave Bell

Serendip wrote:
On 2/20/2005 11:23 AM, Top Spin wrote:

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 13:15:08 +0000, Tregaque
wrote:

On UK radio recently they had the results of a nationwide survey into
the top ten most "unused" gadgets purchased.The kind of things that
seem a good idea in the shop but then sit on a shelf in your cupboard
for a couple of years before being given away to a duistant aunt.

I ought to point out that Bread making machines were in the top 5!
BTW No1 was the footspa.

Tregaque

What's up with this guy? I now see 20-30 almost identical posts. Is
this some hiccup with my ISP or is he flooding the ng with junk?

--
Hitachi HB-A101 bread machine, 1 pound
Email: Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com
(01/10/05)

It's not your ISP...unfortunately. Sigh...

Two most likely problems:

His ISP, or
he cheked to see his post, didn't see it, and re-sent the post.
Nineteen times...

Email: Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com
(01/10/05)

It's not your ISP...unfortunately. Sigh...

Two most likely problems:

His ISP, or
he cheked to see his post, didn't see it, and re-sent the post.
Nineteen times...

Then why is the address slightly different every time?

--
Hitachi HB-A101 bread machine, 1 pound
Email: Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com
(01/10/05)
Old 21-02-2005, 08:35 PM
Dave Bell

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005, Top Spin wrote:

His ISP, or
he cheked to see his post, didn't see it, and re-sent the post.
Nineteen times...

Then why is the address slightly different every time?

I didn't catch that. Even more of a mystery!
Looks like she's got it stopped now?

Old 21-02-2005, 08:39 PM
Dave Bell

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005, Tregaque wrote:

Girl not guy....I've no idea,I posted three separate posts on Saturday,
on various subjects,so maybe it is a blimp in your ISP

Tregaque

Not likely - it's in all the newsfeeds, and archived at Google Groups.
This latest message is *also* being repeated many times...

Dave

Old 21-02-2005, 09:45 PM
RsH

I've simply put in a kill - delete for anything coming from that
particular name... I cannot be bothered with all of the identical junk
from 'her'. If your email/usenet product can do that type of kill,
use it.

FWIW...

RsH
On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:39:50 -0800, Dave Bell
wrote:

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005, Tregaque wrote:

Girl not guy....I've no idea,I posted three separate posts on Saturday,
on various subjects,so maybe it is a blimp in your ISP

Tregaque

Not likely - it's in all the newsfeeds, and archived at Google Groups.
This latest message is *also* being repeated many times...

Dave

Copyright retained. My opinions - no one else's...
If this is illegal where you are, do not read it!
Old 21-02-2005, 11:06 PM
Top Spin

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:35:56 -0800, Dave Bell
wrote:

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005, Top Spin wrote:

His ISP, or
he cheked to see his post, didn't see it, and re-sent the post.
Nineteen times...

Then why is the address slightly different every time?

I didn't catch that. Even more of a mystery!
Looks like she's got it stopped now?

Stopped? I don't think it has even slowed. This has to be some sort of
spammer or other vermin.

--
Hitachi HB-A101 bread machine, 1 pound

Email: Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com
(01/10/05)
Old 22-02-2005, 01:03 AM
Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 20 Feb 2005 03:39:30p, Tregaque wrote in rec.food.baking:

Girl not guy....I've no idea,I posted three separate posts on Saturday,
on various subjects,so maybe it is a blimp in your ISP

Tregaque

Or perhaps in yours, as I'm seeing multiples of each of your posts.

Wayne
Old 22-02-2005, 09:09 PM
.

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005, Tregaque wrote:

Girl not guy....I've no idea,I posted three separate posts on Saturday,
on various subjects,so maybe it is a blimp in your ISP

I think it is obvious to all that this is not a blimp in our ISP but in
Tregaque's end.

Tregaque please look into why all your posts are appearing numerous times
and have the situation corrected.

Tregaque

--
Tregaque

Rare vintage Gardening, Cooking and Craft Books from Wales @

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Merchfach-B...d-Collectables

Old 14-03-2005, 06:09 PM

Well in the first place, How did you "Calculate" The caloric value?

Hi,
I recently bought a Kenmore KTR2300 automatic bread maker and I have a
few concerns. My reason for buying it was to hopefully make bread
consistantly, that was cheaper than 'store bought' bread but more
importantly, healthier. I don't want hydrogenated oils, salt, sugar,
eggs or any other ingredients that are not necessary fur making bread,
which I can then use for sandwiches. I want to use 100% whole wheat
flower.

The recipe book that cam with the unit has a whole wheat recipe which I
have tried. But, I have calculated that a single slice of sandwich size
bread, using this recipe, will be about double the calories of the
normal 90-100 calories per slice 'store bought' bread that I normally
buy. This doesn't seem right to me.

Can you advise me of a simple recipe for making 100 percent whole wheat
bread with as little extra ingredients as possible?

Also, the manual that came with the Kenmore bread maker did not mention
anything about what to expect when the machine is kneading the dough.
My machine seems to labor very hard at it, as though the dough is way
to stiff. Is this normal, or do I have too little liquid in the mix?

Thanks in advance for any help you may have for this somewhat confused,
and not terribly "handy in the kitchen" bachelor ;-)

Old 14-03-2005, 06:30 PM
Eric Jorgensen

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 18:09:53 GMT
"[email protected]" wrote:

Well in the first place, How did you "Calculate" The caloric value?

I imagine the OP calculated the volume of ingredients going into the
same thickness of slice.

100% whole wheat bread is typically quite dense. Whole wheat flour also
contains the wheat germ, which contains fat.

Nothing is in dispute here, it's just a collision between preconception
and reality.

The factory bread's flour is spiked with vital wheat gluten and other
products to make a lighter loaf than is possible with just whole wheat
flour, water, salt, yeast, and oil.

Old 14-03-2005, 06:58 PM

On UK radio recently they had the results of a nationwide survey into
the top ten most "unused" gadgets purchased.The kind of things that
seem a good idea in the shop but then sit on a shelf in your cupboard
for a couple of years before being given away to a duistant aunt.

I ought to point out that Bread making machines were in the top 5!
BTW No1 was the footspa.

Tregaque

Well, More than likely, The reason the survey came out the way it did, was
that you sent in a thousand votes for the bread maker and the footspa.
Just because a bunch of Brits in your town don't use them...doesn't mean
that bread machines are no good.
There's nothing better than coming home from work, throwing the ingredients
for french bread in the maker, setting it on dough... and going about your
business for 1hr. and 20 minutes (wait a minute, You use the metric system
over there!... How long would 1.33 hr. be over there in jolly ol' England?)
coming back Punching it down...
rolling and tossing it ''til it's around 18" (OOPS! sorry uh... 457.2 mm or
there abouts) Brushing the surface with extra virgin olive oil, throwing
about 6 oz./177 cc of tomato sauce on top, 226 or 227 grams of mozzarella
Cheese, another 200 grams of Black olives sliced, 454 grams Italian sausage
(cooked and crumbled), Some sautéed onions and green peppers maybe some
chopped fresh garlic... and possibly some crushed anise seeds... and about
226 grams of mozzarella on top of that... then slapping in a preheated 475°
(F) 246.111(C) for about... 11 minutes... uh sorry uh...
5.4545454545454545454545454545455 % of an hr.
Anyway.... Take about 20 minutes.... .33% of an hour, all told, hands on,
Much less time than it takes to go to one of the million (How do you say
million in metric) pizza joints here or wait 1.5 hr for the delivery...
BETTER TOO!
Then there's always a french loaf that you can make from the same
ingredients FRESH without putting on an apron of changing clothes, or going
to the store...

But SOME PEOPLE are traditionalists! They'd DIE rather than use a stinking
bread machine! Some people don't have any time so they buy all their
bread!

Sourdough with an automatic bread maker? Donald[_4_] Sourdough 29 29-09-2019 11:47 PM
help need blades for automatic bread maker john hawkins Baking 3 13-02-2005 09:19 PM
REQ: Recipes for the Breadman Automatic Bread Maker Herman_Munster Recipes 3 17-01-2005 02:56 AM
Bread making Bill Barbecue 25 27-07-2004 10:46 PM
Bread making drm090163 Barbecue 6 27-07-2004 10:46 PM