Lisa Horton

Default Making Italian Lasagna

Hi. I want to cook/bake a Lasagna for the first time. Will I need to
buy fresh pasta, or can I use the dry in the box? They also sell the
dry kind that you don't need to boil; is that any good? Should I make
my own meat sauce, or is there a decent kind of meat sauce that comes
in a jar or can? What types of cheese do I need, ricotta and
mozzerella, thats all?

Any advice would be a big help. Recipes would be even bigger.

Thanks!

A Newlywed

Ace

> Hi. I want to cook/bake a Lasagna for the first time. Will I need to
> buy fresh pasta, or can I use the dry in the box? They also sell the
> dry kind that you don't need to boil; is that any good? Should I make
> my own meat sauce, or is there a decent kind of meat sauce that comes
> in a jar or can? What types of cheese do I need, ricotta and
> mozzerella, thats all?
>
> Any advice would be a big help. Recipes would be even bigger.
>
> Thanks!
>
> A Newlywed

http://pasta.allrecipes.com/directory/3333.asp
Pan Ohco

On 4 Feb 2005 00:01:44 -0800, "Lisa Horton"
> wrote:

>Hi. I want to cook/bake a Lasagna for the first time. Will I need to
>buy fresh pasta, or can I use the dry in the box? They also sell the
>dry kind that you don't need to boil; is that any good? Should I make
>my own meat sauce, or is there a decent kind of meat sauce that comes
>in a jar or can? What types of cheese do I need, ricotta and
>mozzerella, thats all?
>
>Any advice would be a big help. Recipes would be even bigger.
>
>Thanks!
>
>A Newlywed

Lisa I am assuming that Newlywed = inexperience in th cooking.
For the first time I would suggest that the boxed dry lasagna pasta is
fine, (either the boil or the non boiling kind) follow the recipe on
the box.

As to sauce, a jar sauce would be fine. My grandson said that next to
my sauce Ragu is best. ( of course he better say that or he will
cooking for himself)

When you get more experienced in the kitchen, you can try making your
own sauce and your own fresh pasta. Fresh and home made is best, if
you have the time to devote to it.

Pan Ohco

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.
Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a
Book, and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching.
--Assyrian stone tablet, c. 2800 B.C.