SAT

Default How many days before a covered cake goes stale?

I made a yellow cake last Friday night and iced it the next morning.
Today is Wednesday, and it's been covered in a cake carrier, in a 70
degree room since then. So tonight makes it 5 days. I haven't cut into
it yet.

How many more days do you think I have before this cake is stale? Or is
it already?
FYI, the icing has no ingredients that can go rancid.

Thanks,
Sara

Vox Humana

"SAT" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> I made a yellow cake last Friday night and iced it the next morning.
> Today is Wednesday, and it's been covered in a cake carrier, in a 70
> degree room since then. So tonight makes it 5 days. I haven't cut into
> it yet.
>
> How many more days do you think I have before this cake is stale? Or is
> it already?
> FYI, the icing has no ingredients that can go rancid.

Stales is a combination of drying and changes in the starch. I would be
more concerned with it going moldy. Give it a try. I don't think you have
much time left.