Cindy

Default Vanilla Sugar

I have found some in a local store and was wondering what uses it is
used for.

Cindy
Nexis

"Cindy" > wrote in message
> I have found some in a local store and was wondering what uses it is
> used for.
>

> Cindy

Use it anywhere you'd use sugar and vanilla in a recipe for an extra flavor
boost...sugar cookies, for instance. My daughter likes it for cinnamon-sugar
toast. My husband likes it in coffee, and so did I before I had to switch to
Splenda! Use it in cakes, pastries, custards, ice cream, etc.

kimberly

graham

"Nexis" > wrote in message

> "Cindy" > wrote in message
> > I have found some in a local store and was wondering what uses it is
> > used for.

Halve some peaches, apricots and plums and remove the stones. Put 'em on a
baking tray and sprinkle them liberally with vanilla sugar. Put in 400F
oven for a few minutes until done and enjoy with cream or custard.
Graham

T.L. Pope-Green

Vanilla sugar sounds good I have never seen it in stores or heard of it

--
I live in my own little world... but that's OK because they know me here.
Love, Tina
"Cindy" > wrote in message
> I have found some in a local store and was wondering what uses it is
> used for.
>

> Cindy

Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady

NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 20:55:02 -0400, "T.L. Pope-Green"
> wrote:

>Vanilla sugar sounds good I have never seen it in stores or heard of it

You can make your own by putting vanilla pods into a container that
has sugar in it.

--
Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
<davidac AT jdc DOT org DOT il>

graham

"Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady" > wrote in
message ...
> NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
> On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 20:55:02 -0400, "T.L. Pope-Green"
> > wrote:
>
> >Vanilla sugar sounds good I have never seen it in stores or heard of it

> You can make your own by putting vanilla pods into a container that
> has sugar in it.

Better still, use the Jamie Oliver method. Put 3 or 4 nice moist beans with
a couple of pounds of sugar in the food processor. Blitz. Sieve. Put back
the bean fragments with some of the sugar and blitz again. Repeat several
times. Store in a jar with a good seal.
Looks grotty but the taste........:-)
Graham

Vanilla Sugar mithunchowdhury Recipes 0 05-01-2012 05:54 PM
Vanilla Sugar vs. Extract Dave Smith Baking 4 06-08-2005 08:42 PM
Vanilla Sugar vs. Extract Dave Smith General Cooking 4 06-08-2005 08:42 PM
Vanilla Sugar Duckie ® Recipes 0 06-03-2005 04:48 AM
Vanilla Sugar Margaret Suran Baking 0 18-04-2004 11:54 PM