Wayne Boatwright

Default PING: Davida Chazan

The orange cake with its crumbly topping is delicious and made a big hit at
our house! It was easy to make and came out perfectly, This is definitely a
keeper.

Thanks again,

Wayne
Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady

NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
On 23 Jan 2005 03:00:28 GMT, Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

>The orange cake with its crumbly topping is delicious and made a big hit at
>our house! It was easy to make and came out perfectly, This is definitely a
>keeper.
>
>Thanks again,

You are most welcome! Now you can use the basic batter to make all
kinds of cakes. For instance, a marble cake where you keep back 1/3
of the plain batter back and then add to that part, coffee powder
and/or cocoa with a touch of liqueur to keep it from being too dry.
Then swirl it inside and bake in a spring form bundt pan. I've also
chopped up nuts and thrown in chocolate chips to the dry before adding
the wet and made it that way. I've also substituted water for the
orange juice, added more sugar and then melted chocolate or cocoa
powder into the batter for a simple chocolate cake. Be creative, you
just can't kill this recipe.

--
Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
<davidac AT jdc DOT org DOT il>
Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 23 Jan 2005 04:09:46a, Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady called
across the abyss...

> NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
> On 23 Jan 2005 03:00:28 GMT, Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>
>>The orange cake with its crumbly topping is delicious and made a big hit
>>at our house! It was easy to make and came out perfectly, This is
>>definitely a keeper.
>>
>>Thanks again,

> You are most welcome! Now you can use the basic batter to make all
> kinds of cakes. For instance, a marble cake where you keep back 1/3
> of the plain batter back and then add to that part, coffee powder
> and/or cocoa with a touch of liqueur to keep it from being too dry.
> Then swirl it inside and bake in a spring form bundt pan. I've also
> chopped up nuts and thrown in chocolate chips to the dry before adding
> the wet and made it that way. I've also substituted water for the
> orange juice, added more sugar and then melted chocolate or cocoa
> powder into the batter for a simple chocolate cake. Be creative, you
> just can't kill this recipe.

Great ideas, and I've taken notes to put with the recipe!

Wayne
Darawen Littlestich

Please could you include the baking temp and how long to bake?
thanks

Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady wrote:
> NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
> On 23 Jan 2005 03:00:28 GMT, Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>
>> The orange cake with its crumbly topping is delicious and made a big
>> hit at our house! It was easy to make and came out perfectly, This
>> is definitely a keeper.
>>
>> Thanks again,

> You are most welcome! Now you can use the basic batter to make all
> kinds of cakes. For instance, a marble cake where you keep back 1/3
> of the plain batter back and then add to that part, coffee powder
> and/or cocoa with a touch of liqueur to keep it from being too dry.
> Then swirl it inside and bake in a spring form bundt pan. I've also
> chopped up nuts and thrown in chocolate chips to the dry before adding
> the wet and made it that way. I've also substituted water for the
> orange juice, added more sugar and then melted chocolate or cocoa
> powder into the batter for a simple chocolate cake. Be creative, you
> just can't kill this recipe.
>
> --
> Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
> <davidac AT jdc DOT org DOT il>
> ~*~*~*~*~*~
> "What you see before you, my friend, is the result of a lifetime of
> chocolate."
> --Katharine Hepburn (May 12, 1907 - June 29, 2003)
> ~*~*~*~*~*~

Wayne Boatwright

When I baked this yesterday, I baked it at 350 degrees F. for abou 40-45
minutes.

Wayne

On Sun 23 Jan 2005 01:19:03p, Darawen Littlestich called across the
abyss...

> Please could you include the baking temp and how long to bake?
> thanks
>

> Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady wrote:
>> NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
>> On 23 Jan 2005 03:00:28 GMT, Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>>
>>> The orange cake with its crumbly topping is delicious and made a big
>>> hit at our house! It was easy to make and came out perfectly, This
>>> is definitely a keeper.
>>>
>>> Thanks again,

>> You are most welcome! Now you can use the basic batter to make all
>> kinds of cakes. For instance, a marble cake where you keep back 1/3
>> of the plain batter back and then add to that part, coffee powder
>> and/or cocoa with a touch of liqueur to keep it from being too dry.
>> Then swirl it inside and bake in a spring form bundt pan. I've also
>> chopped up nuts and thrown in chocolate chips to the dry before adding
>> the wet and made it that way. I've also substituted water for the
>> orange juice, added more sugar and then melted chocolate or cocoa
>> powder into the batter for a simple chocolate cake. Be creative, you
>> just can't kill this recipe.
>>
>> --
>> Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
>> <davidac AT jdc DOT org DOT il> ~*~*~*~*~*~
>> "What you see before you, my friend, is the result of a lifetime of
>> chocolate."
>> --Katharine Hepburn (May 12, 1907 - June 29, 2003)
>> ~*~*~*~*~*~

Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady

NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 12:19:03 -0800, "Darawen Littlestich"
> wrote:

>Please could you include the baking temp and how long to bake?
>thanks

Ah... sorry! I bake it at about 180oC (what's that - 350oF? really?
Sounds high to me.) for about 20 minutes or so (doesn't seem to matter
if I use the turbo fan or not), but if it isn't brown on the top by
then, I'll give it another 7-10 minutes and that usually does it.

You'll be looking for a fairly deep golden color.

On 23 Jan 2005 23:31:51 GMT, Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

>When I baked this yesterday, I baked it at 350 degrees F. for abou 40-45
>minutes.

Sounds like a long time. I bake at about that for 20-30 minutes, but
I almost always use the turbo fan.

--
Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
<davidac AT jdc DOT org DOT il>
~*~*~*~*~*~
"What you see before you, my friend, is the result of a lifetime of
chocolate."
--Katharine Hepburn (May 12, 1907 - June 29, 2003)
~*~*~*~*~*~
Wayne Boatwright

On Mon 24 Jan 2005 12:47:21a, Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady wrote in
rec.food.baking:

> NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
> On 23 Jan 2005 23:31:51 GMT, Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>
>>When I baked this yesterday, I baked it at 350 degrees F. for abou 40-45
>>minutes.

> Sounds like a long time. I bake at about that for 20-30 minutes, but
> I almost always use the turbo fan.

I don't have a turbo fan. Perhaps that's the difference.

Wayne

Ping: Cea sf[_9_] General Cooking 2 17-08-2014 04:22 AM
PING: aem Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 0 31-03-2011 04:06 AM
PING: Om. PeterL[_4_] General Cooking 0 29-04-2007 04:15 PM
PING: sf Andy General Cooking 0 08-07-2006 11:23 PM
Ping! elaine General Cooking 16 30-09-2004 12:20 AM