Petey the Wonder Dog

Default How to get rich in the bakery/food business

A man I knew who made a lot of money baking bread gave me this advice
when I opened my own bagel shop.

"Feed the many, eat with the few."

I didn't take his advice and I like myself more for it...

But that's his formula, and obviously the one so many bakeries and
restaurants use to grow into chains and fill their parking lots with
carloads of people who happily eat frozen fish with half inch thick
"batter" coating, bread that has no body whatsoever, and so many
chemicals and preservatives, it could have survived from thePersian
Empire.

Today a couple came into my shop and told me "We love it here. We drive
thirty miles to buy your bagels." I gave them a half dozen to take
home. She promised me some home-made Venison sausage when she goes to
Wisconsin next week.

I'll prolly never get rich, but I like what I do.

I admire you who are sick and tired of the processed swill they serve in
so many restaurants these days.

Dave