FoodBanter.com

-   -   Butterless lemon (or orange) cake (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/50610-butterless-lemon-orange-cake.html)

Daisy 07-01-2005 06:14 AM

Butterless lemon (or orange) cake

I am seeking a recipe for a butterless lemon, or orange, cake. I had
some at a tea-party recently, but no one remembered who brought the
cake! But there was no doubt that it was butterless, and someone
thought that oil had been used.

Does anyone have a recipe like this. It was scrummy!

Daisy

Roy 07-01-2005 08:55 PM

Using vegetable oil instead of butter ?Try an orange chiffon cake
recipe.
Roy

Roy 07-01-2005 08:55 PM

Roy 07-01-2005 08:55 PM

The Cook 07-01-2005 09:44 PM

Daisy > wrote:

>I am seeking a recipe for a butterless lemon, or orange, cake. I had
>some at a tea-party recently, but no one remembered who brought the
>cake! But there was no doubt that it was butterless, and someone
>thought that oil had been used.
>
>Does anyone have a recipe like this. It was scrummy!
>
>Daisy

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._15979,00.html

This is Alton Brown's recipe for an orange cake with no butter or oil.
Looks interesting.

--
Susan N.

"Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral, 48 percent indignation, and 50 percent envy."

The Cook 07-01-2005 09:44 PM