Herman Fowler

Default failed shrinky dink

Steven K. Wilcken wrote:
> If your shrinky dink is touching itself, it's a total loss. I
> usually use a piece of cardboard. I've not gotten them to work
> on a cookie sheet. One thing that also helps is lightly dusting
> the cardboard with flour.
> --
> Don't ask me how it works or I'll start to whimper
>
> -Arthur Dent-

Arthur,
I agree, in principle to the your recommendations regarding shrinky
dinkage. However I must add my 2 cents. I have found that the cookie
sheet doesn't lend itself well to extended shrinky dink sessions. The
most efficient way to shrink a a large number of dinks (>1000 over a
period of several hours) is to use a well seasoned pizza stone.

I have shrunk many tens of thousands of Shrinky Dinks on a round stone
like the one offered by Pampered Chef here =
http://www.pamperedchef.com/our_prod...ategoryCode=FH

Any similar such stone should work great for shrinky dinks in a
conventional oven. The Pampered Chef products are bit expensive. I
imagine that you could find a cheaper stone suitible for shrinky dink
creation, I just happen to have the Pampered CHef one because I
received it as a gift.

Herman Fowler

Steven K. Wilcken wrote:
> If your shrinky dink is touching itself, it's a total loss. I
> usually use a piece of cardboard. I've not gotten them to work
> on a cookie sheet. One thing that also helps is lightly dusting
> the cardboard with flour.
> --
> Don't ask me how it works or I'll start to whimper
>
> -Arthur Dent-

Arthur,
I agree, in principle to the your recommendations regarding shrinky
dinkage. However I must add my 2 cents. I have found that the cookie
sheet doesn't lend itself well to extended shrinky dink sessions. The
most efficient way to shrink a a large number of dinks (>1000 over a
period of several hours) is to use a well seasoned pizza stone.

I have shrunk many tens of thousands of Shrinky Dinks on a round stone
like the one offered by Pampered Chef here =
http://www.pamperedchef.com/our_prod...ategoryCode=FH

Any similar such stone should work great for shrinky dinks in a
conventional oven. The Pampered Chef products are bit expensive. I
imagine that you could find a cheaper stone suitible for shrinky dink
creation, I just happen to have the Pampered CHef one because I
received it as a gift.

Failed recipe Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 110 19-09-2014 03:24 AM
I failed shoppinf :-( Dave Smith[_1_] General Cooking 7 07-04-2008 02:56 PM
The failed brownies Arri London General Cooking 2 14-10-2007 12:06 AM
failed attempt Ginny Sourdough 7 01-11-2004 12:08 AM
failed jelly jar William R. Watt Preserving 6 01-09-2004 12:14 AM